FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, I would have stayed i my car doors locked.
But we do not know that GZ used any deadly force.
We do know that something did happen and a boy is dead.
That is all we really know.

Justas you can imagine that maybe GZ used deadly force.
I can also imagine that TM got smart and testy and caused this.
But do I know for sure... No I don’t know anything and nether do you.
:moo:

So if TM did get "smart and testy", he CAUSED this? So now, being "uppity" warrants being shot dead? And you are all about ethics and fairness?

Do you have a link to this HOA posting.

Here is one:
The homeowners association acknowledged Zimmerman and the neighborhood crime watch in a February newsletter, according to the Associated Press. The newsletter encouraged residents to contact Zimmerman in case of an incident, it said.

"If you've been the victim of a crime within the community, after calling the police, please contact our captain, George Zimmerman ... so we can be aware and help address the issue with other residents," the newsletter said.
http://www.wina.com/Analysis-If-Trayvon-Martin-family-pursues-civil-ca/11458736?newsId=134783

Ok - I'll give ya that. However, we have yet to hear anyone from GZ's camp say that GZ is truly very sorry that he killed Trayvon. All I keep hearing is that "if he didn't kill Trayvon, then Trayvon would have killed him".

JMHO

And blaming other people. It was all really the neighbors' fault because none of them came out and stopped it.

Have him talk and give out phone numbers to you at the same time.

I will! I am honestly going to try and figure this out and it should be possible to reproduce just those sounds.

I got to thinking, what if those sounds are not footsteps? What if they are the sound of someone rapping on a glass patio door for help?

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1410-Retreat-View-Cir-1410-Sanford-FL-32771/2120785985_zpid/

Here is some 'evidence' that the need to get out of a truck and go BEHIND the buildings to find an address is an outright LIE. OBVIOUSLY GZ knew where to find the numbers, they are OBVIOUSLY well lit.....they are RIGHT ALONG THE STREET within a few feet from the curb, there are only three street names in the entire neighborhood.

Once again, unless GZ was drug in complete silence to the backyard area by TM......HE was the aggressor, and HE approached Trayvon.

jmo

Bumping on this fast-moving thread...

From this point on, we will no longer allow discussion of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, or the Black Panther protest(s). There are way too many <modsnips> and timeouts to continue this discussion. We will allow MSM links to such protests, but no discussion.

We need to stick to the facts of this case and that's our discussion here. Please, we ask that you do what you do best - SLEUTH THE CASE.

Blogs and Twitter links and discussion of them are allowed only if it's an approved WS link or a link from main stream media (MSM).

Please post media links here: Trayvon Martin Shooting Media Thread - NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Tricia will be discussing the Trayvon Martin case on Websleuths Radio tomorrow evening and you're invited to call in and join her on the show, which will include the discussion of the protests you cannot discuss here.

Could anyone tell what type of shoes Zimmerman had on in the video at the police station?

OMG - I can't believe I went to the grocery store, was gone for an hour, come back and it's still being argued that Zimmerman was on his "watch" that night or "on duty" that night. I have posted the link to this article no less than 20 times on these threads that comes straight from the mouth of the Sanford police department's liaison between neighborhood watch programs and the police. It's written in English and believe it or not, it's really simple to comprehend.

In every presentation, &#8220;I go through what the rules and responsibilities are,&#8221; she said Thursday. The volunteers&#8217; role, she said, is &#8220;being the eyes and ears&#8221; for the police, &#8220;not the vigilante.&#8221; Members of a neighborhood watch &#8220;are not supposed to confront anyone,&#8221; she said. &#8220;We get paid to get into harm&#8217;s way. You don&#8217;t do that. You just call them from the safety of your home or your vehicle.&#8221;

&#8220;I believe in neighborhood watch,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I advocate for neighborhood watch. I don&#8217;t want this black eye for neighborhood watch.&#8221;

In Sanford, she said, watch groups are not even supposed to make the rounds. That is the job of another kind of volunteer organization, Citizens on Patrol, whose members are selected and trained by the police and who drive the streets in a specially marked vehicle. Members of that group, Ms. Dorival said, &#8220;are armed only with a radio.&#8221;

A wide range of neighborhood watch organizations exist across the country. Some have patrols, while others like Sanford&#8217;s do not.

The manual warns that watch members should &#8220;not attempt to apprehend a person committing a crime or to investigate a suspicious activity.&#8221; It should be emphasized to members of patrols, the materials state, that &#8220;they do not possess police power and they shall not carry weapons.&#8221; The consequences of not following the guidelines are severe, the manual states: &#8220;Each member is liable as an individual for civil and criminal charges should he exceed his authority.&#8221;

&#8220;You cannot control people&#8217;s actions,&#8221; Ms. Dorival said. &#8220;I do my best to lay the groundwork,&#8221; for conducting a safe and successful neighborhood watch program, &#8220;and tell them what they can and cannot do.&#8221; She added, &#8220;Obviously, he didn&#8217;t follow the basic philosophy of the neighborhood watch."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T25fPDH2b2Z

By the way, it's raining cats and dogs here in north Florida and I didn't even attempt to wait 10 minutes for it to stop so I could run my errands and apparently neither did anyone that lives around here because the stores were packed.

GZ had already admitted to 911 that he was following TM. At that point, Trayvon was justified in turning to face his stalker and ask why he was stalking him, even if he said "what is your problem" or "you got a problem, man?". This 5'2" 57 year old pasty white woman might have done the same just to show a possible creep 'up to no good' that I wasn't intimidated by him, kwim?

If this DID happen, GZ should have gotten back in his car and waited for LE, NOT chased and shot TM. To me, it is clear that GZ's action from the point of having TM tell him to back off was provoked by anger and/or a driving passion to not have "this one" GET AWAY. that's my opinion.

I do not think he shot just to "not allow this one to get away again"
NO WAY would I believe that no way...
I do believe that whatever did happen created that fatal shot.

3 clicks...like loading a clip maybe?

Would one very nice poster please direct me to the clearest audio available, please?

What crime did the parent commit that they need a criminal lawyer? If it were me I'd have a personal injury attorney (as in wrongful death) on the case myself. That attorney would have had an accident reconstruction expert investigating already. Yep...that is exactly what I'd be doing if that were my son because I'd want the truth. jmo

I know you were just responding to someone else but Benjamin Crump is not a criminal attorney:
Over the years Mr. Crump has dedicated his areas of practice to serious personal injury, wrongful death, mass torts and civil rights. He has extensive experience litigating complicated legal matters in state and federal courts, including the United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the Southern District of Mississippi, the Combined District of South Carolina, the Northern District of Texas and the Florida Supreme Court.
http://parkscrump.com/attorneys/benjamin-crump/

That is only a small amount of information from his bio at his firm's website. I'd say he is probably the best qualified attorney in Florida for this case. He is a very impressive individual.

So if TM did get "smart and testy", he CAUSED this? So now, being "uppity" warrants being shot dead? And you are all about ethics and fairness?
Go back and read my posts... that should answer you.

And if you start with that post alone.
IT IS CLEAR
that if she can make an assessment like that,
another assessment can also be made.
but no fact are in yet.

Yes, I have heard that as well.

He was remosreful - sorry even.

Howver, he has yet to call Trayvon's mom or dad and tell them he's sorry.

So, is he sorry he killed someone - or is he sorry that he might now face serious consequences?

JMHO
I can't speak for him, nor can I even speak for my father. But, since my dad didn't face any charges at all, I know he personally was traumatized by the act of taking another life. Even though it was ruled justifiable. I was just trying to explain that while it's so easy to think that you'd be relieved that it was the bad guy that died instead of yourself, it comes with a horrible price. It's not something that has you saying, "Phew, glad it was them, and not me!" and it's done. It's not. The calls to my aunt went on for years. I'm sure GZ is traumatized. I'm sure killing someone is something that is etched into your soul forever. I personally think there are too many guns in society, and too many people seem all to eager to use them. This is a case in point. An early apology from GZ would have done a great deal to alleviate a lot of the anger in this case, but now I think we would all suspect that he was just doing it to get the heat off himself.

OMG - I can't believe I went to the grocery store, was gone for an hour, come back and it's still being argued that Zimmerman was on his "watch" that night or "on duty" that night. I have posted the link to this article no less than 20 times on these threads that comes straight from the mouth of the Sanford police department's liaison between neighborhood watch programs and the police. It's written in English and believe it or not, it's really simple to comprehend.

In every presentation, “I go through what the rules and responsibilities are,” she said Thursday. The volunteers’ role, she said, is “being the eyes and ears” for the police, “not the vigilante.” Members of a neighborhood watch “are not supposed to confront anyone,” she said. “We get paid to get into harm’s way. You don’t do that. You just call them from the safety of your home or your vehicle.”

“I believe in neighborhood watch,” she said. “I advocate for neighborhood watch. I don’t want this black eye for neighborhood watch.”

In Sanford, she said, watch groups are not even supposed to make the rounds. That is the job of another kind of volunteer organization, Citizens on Patrol, whose members are selected and trained by the police and who drive the streets in a specially marked vehicle. Members of that group, Ms. Dorival said, “are armed only with a radio.”

A wide range of neighborhood watch organizations exist across the country. Some have patrols, while others like Sanford’s do not.

The manual warns that watch members should “not attempt to apprehend a person committing a crime or to investigate a suspicious activity.” It should be emphasized to members of patrols, the materials state, that “they do not possess police power and they shall not carry weapons.” The consequences of not following the guidelines are severe, the manual states: “Each member is liable as an individual for civil and criminal charges should he exceed his authority.”

“You cannot control people’s actions,” Ms. Dorival said. “I do my best to lay the groundwork,” for conducting a safe and successful neighborhood watch program, “and tell them what they can and cannot do.” She added, “Obviously, he didn’t follow the basic philosophy of the neighborhood watch."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T25fPDH2b2Z

By the way, it's raining cats and dogs here in north Florida and I didn't even attempt to wait 10 minutes for it to stop so I could run my errands and apparently neither did anyone that lives around here because the stores were packed.

THANK YOU !!! :rocker:

Me too, I would have stayed i my car with doors locked.
But we do NOT know that GZ used any deadly force. We do know that something did happen and a boy is dead.
That is all we really know.

Just as you can imagine that maybe GZ used deadly force.
I can also imagine that maybe TM got smart and testy and caused this.
But do I know for sure? ... No I don’t know anything and neither do you.
:moo:

RBBM.

Actually we do in fact know that Zimmerman used deadly force as Trayvon is dead and was already dead when police arrived on scene.

MOO

3 clicks...like loading a clip maybe?

Would one very nice poster please direct me to the clearest audio available, please?

It was not the sound of a magazine being loaded. It sounded like he was patting himself on the leg or something. It was very rhythmic.

I feel the way about the dang pants down and underwear showing, if they knew what it signified in prison they wouldn't do it. That makes me laugh inside when I see it. the youth today have no mannners and don't know how to dress. If I where ever in a position to hire, the pants, tats, hair would be very much a part of "we'll call if we have an opening" not.

For the record, I'm not a great fan of this look either. But I do know some kids that dress this way that are very nice kids. I can't imagine anyone automatically assuming they are DEPRAVED.

And I make a conscious effort to not discriminate AGAINST them because someday THEY could be dong the hiring with YOU doing the applying and I would hate them to tell you to go change that hideous ugly outfit and scary earrings you're wearing right now because your not fit for the job in them. Of course, then you would be forced to dress like THEM or go on welfare and food stamps to stay alive.

I doubt it was necessary for Zimmerman to use deadly force to protect his own life, but that is what we have courts for, and I hope this makes it there.

My point is that Neighborhood Watch-ers are supposed to watch. They are not to pursue. They are not to put themselves in harm's way such that self-defense is even an issue. Law enforcement professionals are trained to keep loss of civilian life, in general and ideally, minimal. The real cops get to decide when to shoot in these situations, and the job of the wanna-be's is to stay home and help LE with observations, not fire power.

Thank you, thank you, thank you....what I've been trying to say....I must be on ignore. lol

Love your kitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member