FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep bringing up the fact that it was a narcotics officer, not a homicide officer that did the intial investigation. What are the different training qualifications between a narcotics officer and a hoicide officer? I am sure on a small force such as Sanford's, most officers are cross trained in areas, perhaps to the extent the only difference is in title alone. Anyone know?

Oh I agree. I want the report from the Narcotics Officer investigating a homicide. LOL That will be an eyeopener.

I can not think of any phone where that is not true.

If my phone is off my calls still go into voicemail and show calls that were missed.

I thought the point was that he wasn't sent for stitches or given stitches on-scene, so he couldn't have been gushing blood...wouldn't interviewing someone while they were bleeding profusely be considered bad practice for LE?

ABSOLUTLY IMHO LE SUCKS ALL THE WAY HERE.

But I am not prepared to hang Zimmerman NO WAY.
I am very upset by the Handsome young TM’s Death long before his time.
and I am not saying GZ should not be trialed. NO WAY AM I SAYING THAT.

I do not know the facts, I am not happy that It is in Florida, Many cases have gone astray there.
Many have been International Sensations to keep the money machine going.
I cannot say that they have come out with justice.
It has been a string of circumstances and misshapes, a string of bad decisions, and lack of accountability
AND - I am not trusting that Zimmerman has a fair chance.
I do not think there was any murder here….
I consider Criminal Negligence for sure,
But where are all the records that can create a fair and just case???

Get used to providing MSM and official document links to back up your assertions folks.

Do NOT state an opinion as if it's a fact.

DO NOT mis-state the facts. Provide an approved link. Don't paraphrase. The transcripts are out there. The MSM articles are out there. Do your own homework, show your work, and don't expect your fellow posters to do research that you are not willing to do.

As for the back-and-forth bickering, baiting, and rudeness that I've seen today, I am so disappointed that I am actually at a loss for words. Just... stop it.

There is also a strong possibility that a call was never made...Just saying..
Not accusing....

Strong possibility??Why on earth would he lie about that. Besides, he also called his nephew(the 20 year old) and got voice mail. And also, it is really relevant to this case?
It bothers me more that LE did not call him and was apparently waiting for someone to call in a missing child report.

ABSOLUTLY IMHO LE SUCKS ALL THE WAY HERE.

But I am not prepared to hang Zimmerman NO WAY.
I am very upset by the Handsome young TM’s Death long before his time.
and I am not saying GZ should not be trialed. NO WAY AM I SAYING THAT.

I do not know the facts, I am not happy that It is in Florida, Many cases have gone astray there.
Many have been International Sensations to keep the money machine going.
I cannot say that they have come out with justice.
It has been a string of circumstances and misshapes, a string of bad decisions, and lack of accountability
AND - I am not trusting that Zimmerman has a fair chance.
I do not think there was any murder here….
I consider Criminal Negligence for sure,
But where are all the records that can create a fair and just case???

Well, yes, "bad practice" seems to possibly just be "practice" in this case. However, if GZ wasn't given proper necessary medical treatment, I guess I figured we'd have heard about it by now. jhmo

As per the 911 call, at some point he walked TOWARD the car. Nothing definitive about how close he really got to the vehicle. If I were being followed by a vehicle I might walk a little closer to it to get a look at the driver. Why you ask? I might be hoping it was someone I recognized, such as a neighbor of my Dad's fiancee. I might have hoped that the guy was a wearing a security uniform, thus allaying my fears that I was being followed for nefarious purposes. I might approach in an attempt to see if the person needed assistance of some kind. Perhaps, George should have called out to Trayvon at that point and identified himself. He didn't, and whatever Trayvon saw didn't make him feel secure, becuse he ran away at that point. Cue my speculation in my previous post. Imo of course.
I hope the boy did not see a gun in the car and run off. I hope.
Becasue IF he did? he was running scared, and I can see how he would
then slug GZ if he got close, <modsnip>

Per my recollection of the phone call to police, He (GZ) tells the dispatcher that Trayvon is coming to "check him out" or something like that is what he says, then he says that Trayvon is now running away. No where in that call does he talk about TM getting close to him or feeling threatned by TM. He just gets all anxious because "these *()#holes always get away" and he proceeds to follow him.

GZ did not call 911. He called the non-emergency number. If he was so concerned about this suspicious person, his choice of call the non-emergency number versus 911 sure seems odd to me.

They probably told him not to clog up the 911 with his numerous non emergency calls.
Also Trayvon might have sought it was an acquaintance/ friend in that car and got spooked by the silent unknown stranger, hence the running away.

You have inaccurate info.

Despite the frequency of his calls to the police, Zimmerman had only become a member of the neighborhood watch in September 2011. In fact, Twin Lakes’ neighborhood watch itself did not exist before then, according to Wendy Dorival, volunteer coordinator for the Sanford Police Department.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/23/did-trayvon-shooter-abuse-911.html

The idea that Zimmerman did not know where he was is ludicrous. He'd lived there for years, he'd been 'neighborhood watch captain' for years. The development has THREE streets in it!

map-spec_web.jpg

Thanks to whoever posted about the CNN special on Trayvon. Heartbreaking that this is 2012 and so much is still made over the color of one's skin. Absolutely devastating. Again, I hope that Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton can take a bit of solace knowing that Trayvon is leaving behind such a legacy. Rest in peace Trayvon.

Need to post the link to this picture of Trayvon! Precious.
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/03/20/trayvon-martins-friend-he-said-man-was-watching-him

They probably told him not to clog up the 911 with his numerous non emergency calls.
Also Trayvon might have sought it was an acquaintance/ friend in that car and got spooked by the silent unknown stranger, hence the running away.

With all the calling he did to LE, I would tell him to call another line too. He called for kids playing in the street? We used to play kickball in the streets as our parents would kill us if we broke a window by playing in the yards.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/17/trayvon-martin-killing-yo_n_1355795.html
******'s mother, Sheryl Brown, said that the trauma from the night has not been limited to what her son witnessed. It also includes the way she says that the police and some media have twisted his account of the night to fit a self-defense theory, to say that a 13-year-old witness has claimed Zimmerman, and not Martin, was screaming for help.
In recent days, other witnesses have come forward to say that the police attempted to twist their testimony to support Zimmerman's claims of self-defense or ignored them entirely, including two witnesses who joined the Martin family during a press conference on Friday.

http://www.wdbo.com/news/news/local/witness-sanford-police-blew-us-teen-slaying/nLTCd/
Interview with woman who Zimmerman nonchalantly told to call the police soon after he shot Trayvon.
Cutcher said police only took a two or three sentence statement from her, but it took about 30 minutes to tell WFTV the story.

You have inaccurate info.

Despite the frequency of his calls to the police, Zimmerman had only become a member of the neighborhood watch in September 2011. In fact, Twin Lakes&#8217; neighborhood watch itself did not exist before then, according to Wendy Dorival, volunteer coordinator for the Sanford Police Department.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/23/did-trayvon-shooter-abuse-911.html

That would only make him on the job for 5 months? I deleted the rest of my post because I am still searching for a link.

People keep bringing up the fact that it was a narcotics officer, not a homicide officer that did the intial investigation. What are the different training qualifications between a narcotics officer and a hoicide officer? I am sure on a small force such as Sanford's, most officers are cross trained in areas, perhaps to the extent the only difference is in title alone. Anyone know?

There is a difference. My husband was a detective in the General Investigations Department which included homocide. Homocide detectives are trained in reconstruction of the crime scene, evaluating blood spatter evidence (no one collected GZ's shirt, or tested the blood on him to see if it was his or TM/s), gathering evidence, taking witness statements, etc. Narcotic officers can be officers and are not necessarily detectives and they focus their training on narcotics.

It's pretty clear that a determination was made based on GZ's claim that TM appeared to be on drugs but there still should have been a homocide detective on the scene because they work 24 hours a day. I still don't get how a patrol officer made this judgment call without evidence? jmo

With all the calling he did to LE, I would tell him to call another line too. He called for kids playing in the street? We used to play kickball in the streets as our parents would kill us if we broke a window by playing in the yards.

I know...people (in general, etc. not being remotely specific here) complain that American children don't play outside anymore, and while I agree, I always wonder how many of those people are secretly also the ones calling the police and/or yelling at children playing outside. jmho

There are only THREE street names in that condo complex. There is no way Zimmerman did not know which street he was on when he got out of his truck.

BTW - I find it interesting to see that there happens to be a truck parked in the location that GZ describes to the police dispatcher would be the location that he will be waiting. What a coincidence that would be if Google maps happened to get a picture of GZ's truck there....unless he parked there often...while he watched for suspicious people.

<modsnip>

Mine does not. I just called my cell from my house phone and nothing is listed as a missed call when it is turned off. So it goes right into voicemail and if you do you know the phone is off and you either leave a message or you don't. If you leave no message there is no record on your personal phone. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah