FL FL - Ali Gilmore, 30, Tallahassee, 3 Feb 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, there hasn't been any breaking news around here, so I guess the people talking were just people talking and no one really "in the know." :-(

It's not looking good, though, that's for sure.

Just want to leave a message that I hope there will be an answer for Ali's family and friends soon. It would be wonderful if she is found safe. I was recently reading at Ali's site and many people love her and miss her.

There has been no news on her case locally in quite a while, however, I believe the case is still being worked on by the police dept. and they will get an answer eventually. I still think their best bet is the husband, too many inconsistencies in his story and he does not seem too worried about missing her except for the money she brought in. However, I hope I am wrong and that the person she loved and was having a baby with did not harm her.

There have not been any more searches that I've heard about in the area. The billboard is down and I rarely see a flyer anymore. This case needs more publicity and attention in the news.

There is a search SOON, but I am not sure of the dates. I saw a sign about it and I think it's next weekend.

GlitchWizard said:
There is a search SOON, but I am not sure of the dates. I saw a sign about it and I think it's next weekend.

Great news! Wonder why it has not been publicized more? Nothing in the paper that I've seen.

If you find out more please post about it. I'm also in the area and will try to participate.

Thanks

Just checking to see if there has been a miracle and there is news of Ali.

Unfortunately, no news on finding Ali, but the newspaper today has information on 2 commemorations for Ali.

A garden has been planted for her where she lived:

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060715/NEWS01/607150313/1010/NEWS01

Also, the City of Tallahassee parks division has planted a tree for Ali. On this link look midway down on the right for Video Reports, and click on "A Tree for Ali Gilmore". The video shows her mother and has a talk by Capt. Kelly Burke, Tallahassee Police Dept.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

I wonder if LE still thinks that Ali's husband is a suspect? All of these people can't just vanish into thin air. There has to be some evidence somewhere...like in her house or car. What about the others that they were looking at. I just hate when nothing happens. I just wish they would find Ali. I know to much time has gone by and she probably isn't alive but her family deserves to know what happened to her and who did it.

No news about progress on Ali's case. I'm posting some of a good article that answered some questions for me. It has some background information and a clear story of what happened before Ali disappeared:

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060723/NEWS01/607230314&theme=GILMORE

But sometime after 11 p.m. Feb. 2, a stormy night, Ali disappeared.

Police found no evidence of foul play. No blood. No signs of a struggle in her house. Nothing seemed stolen. Her car was in the driveway. Her purse was in the car, but her house keys and car keys were missing.

She had vanished.

After six months, more than 1,600 hours of investigating by police, a media campaign and numerous searches, the question still remains: Where is Ali Gilmore?
----------------------------
Some time after the separation, Ali began dating a man she met at FAMU's homecoming, Attalah said. Family members said his name was Dwight.

Ali's neighbor, Gary Merone, who described himself as being close to Ali, said the man Ali was dating was a truck driver, but the relationship wasn't serious.

Friends described him as light-skinned and muscular, with curly hair. Neighbors said they would see him washing Ali's car.

But Ali seemed to be determined to make her marriage work.

In January, Ali told her sister she wanted to reconcile with James.
-------------------------------
Neither Ali nor James attended the counseling session that Friday morning.

James said he overslept and woke up at about 11 a.m. He left a message at Ali's day job, apologizing for missing the counseling session.

Ali didn't show up at the Department of Health that day, nor did she call in to say she wouldn't be there. Co-workers knew about the counseling session set for 9 a.m., and they figured she'd be in later. Freeman, her supervisor and confidante, was out sick and did not know Ali wasn't there.

James called Ali's home Saturday morning. He went over there that afternoon, saw her car in the driveway and knocked on her door, but no one answered, he said.

"I'm thinking, she's really mad," James said.

On Monday, Denson and Freeman went to Ali's house, knocked on her door and window, but got no answer. They said her bedroom light and the front floodlight were on.

They called police.

It sounds like someone was waiting for her as she returned home from work. I say that because of her purse being left in the car. If she had gotten into the house wouldn't she have taken her purse with her?

There is no way this gal left home on her own. With everything that was going on in her life she had every reason to stay right there and prepare for her baby.

It doesn't sound like the boyfriend or friend was anyone that would have been a threat unless he cared more for Ali then she did about him. You never know what someone else might think or feel though. I wonder if LE questioned him and if he had an alibi. He is one that they would need a solid alibi for.

With Ali being so worried about the property taxes that had gone up wouldn't she have talked to James about that? It sounds like their problem was her having to work two jobs while he wasn't carrying his weight financially. I remember him saying that the reason they seperated was because Ali said she needed her space. That is a world apart from financial problems.

I wonder if he had talked to her at work and then showed up at her house when she got home. She might have gotten really upset because she didn't have the money for the property taxes and he wasn't financially able to help pay the taxes....kind of the same old story which led to their seperation. Maybe things got out of hand and something happened. Whoever did something to Ali had a 4 day lead on LE. I wonder if they will ever find her?

Thanks so much for posting that article. It does give more insight into what could have happened doesn't it?

I haven't heard of anything new in the case. I do think they will solve this case. Lets hope it is soon.

If she was going for a short drive with someone - someplace she didn't feel she needed a purse, such as a dinner date or movie where she knew the other person was paying - she might have only taken the keys.

I've left my wallet in the car on numerous occassions and only taken my keys when I thought it was a short trip. This person would have met her in her driveway, though, not picked her up from the house. This happens when two people are going somewhere and decide to only take one car.

Maybe the boyfriend didn't want her going back to her husband?

Bobbisangel, glad you liked the article. I was glad to read more background on Ali's life and the timeline of what happened before and after she disappeared.

GlitchWizard, I'm also starting to think that way regarding the boyfriend. Just because someone else says the relationship was not serious does not mean that's how this person really felt. He may have been very upset that Ali wanted to return to her husband. The husband's account of what happened when he missed the appointment and trying to contact her after, but thinking she was mad, sounded more believeable.

I'm thinking she was not going on a planned date/outing that night, remembering about her bringing the 2 pizzas home with her. I can see that she may have taken the pizzas in first, carrying her keys but leaving her purse in the car for the moment.

With the lights that were on, it seems to me she turned on the outside lights as she came in, or had left them on before. I think someone was already in the house and surprised her, maybe by turning on the bedroom light? The boyfriend could very well have had his own key to the house. With his being a truck driver, if he was the one, he could have taken her anywhere before she was missed. A cabin in a big truck would be a very easy place to hide someone.

It would be interesting to know if someone saw his truck in the area at the
time or if he has another vehicle. Just throwing this out, since the police have probably verified he was out of the area, but what I think happened when Ali came home could still apply to someone else also.

Yes I agree, the male friend could have cared a lot more then she even knew. He may have been really upset when she said she wanted to try again with her husband. But she told her sister in January that she wanted to try again with James and it was Feb when she disappeared. Almost a month after she told her sister. You would think that she would have told the male friend before the time she disappeared. Maybe he showed up and told her he wanted to talk and why don't they go for a ride or go grab something to eat.

It could have also been her husband. It seems to me that their financial situation hadn't bettered itself since they seperated. She was already working two jobs and still didn't have the money for the taxes. Maybe it was James that showed up and wanted to talk. Maybe Ali told him that she didn't see any sense in them trying to make it. Nothing had changed and it didn't look like anything would. She was probably pretty upset about not being able to pay the taxes....she could lose her home. Maybe James didn't like her attitude and lost it. I don't think it means anything that he called her at work and at home. If he is guilty that was a smart move on his part. I remember that Scott Peterson made calls to Laci after he knew exactly where she was...he was taking her there or had just dropped her off. I wonder what kind of temprement James has? I can't remember what the family has said.

Bobbisangel, some good points you made about the problems with the husband. No, I haven't taken him off my list either. Agree, the calls could have just been to cover himself.

In fact, I think I read that there were 4 POIs, so I wonder who the other 2 are?

That story's information just make me think more about the BF being involved. As far as Ali telling him anything, maybe he had been off on a trip? Maybe she was waiting to see how the counseling went? The fact that he is a trucker would make it very easy for him to take Ali far away, and all the searches locally have not found anything, that we've heard about.

A good point about the money problems and Ali's worry over the taxes. I wonder if, as you said, the husband came over or she called him to come over and discuss this and if she asked him, or demanded, that he pay this bill or help pay it? He had lived there before and if they were getting back together, it should have been some of his responsibility also. This might have angered him. Now that he has moved back in the house, the taxes must have been paid somehow.

It is also still suspicious that the husband missed that appointment, since he professed to want the reconciliation also. Seems that would be a very important date to keep in mind and set your clock for. What was he doing so late the night before that he slept until 11am?

I wish we could hear something else from the investigators on what is going on.

I wonder who the other 2 POI's are too. I wonder if that number has been narrowed down by now.

I wish we knew more about the marriage and what kind of temprement the husband has. It bothers me that he said they split because "she wanted some space." In reality it sounds like they split because of financial problems which is a world apart from a person wanting their space.

The daughter that I lost...was murdered...left her abusive husband when things started getting really bad in the marriage. To make a long story short she came home and almost right off the bat she realized that she was pregnant. She talked herself into going back to him and that everything would be different because she believed that a child needed a mom and a dad. He told her he would go to counseling with her, etc,etc. He didn't of course. Nothing changed. She stayed with him until their daughter was 4 1/2.
She filed for divorce and got it and a few weeks after that he murdered her. Altogether she lived 7 months after she left him.

I hope that this isn't what happened to Ali. I don't know if her mother and father were divorced when she was young or what her home life was like when she was growing up. I divorced my ex when my daughter was almost 5 and her brother and sisters were 9, 8, and 7. That is why she felt like a child needed a mom and a dad. She didn't understand that a bad dad is worse then no dad.

Ali and her husband split and then she finds out that she is pregnant. Maybe she felt the same way and wanted to try and make the marriage work. It's just a guess of course but it would be understandable. Maybe she already knew that it wasn't going to work before that first counseling session. Maybe she told him that and he lost it.

I'd like to know if the police have cleared that truck driver. When my two oldest kids were young I met a guy that I looked at as a friend. He was just so nice and good with my kids. He didn't appeal to me in the least but I liked talking to him and having him as a friend. He was kind of quiet and seemed like a good guy. One night we were at my apt and the kids were in bed. We were just sitting there talking and all of a sudden he grabbed me and carried me to the bedroom. He tried to rape me and to this day I don't know how I got away from him. He was on top of me and all I remember is saying "you son of a " and trying to push myself up. The next thing I knew I was outside of my apartment and I ran and hid. I was so scared. My little kids were upstairs. I didn't worry about him hurting them for some reason and thank God he didn't. After what seemed to be forever I heard his car start.
I never would have believed in a million years that he would do that. So much for nice quiet friendly guys! I wonder if that truck driver was one of those nice guys that really aren't nice guys. I know that it is possible for women to have male friends and that is all it is. But didn't we read that he would be out there washing her car, etc? You are right, if it was him she could be anywhere. If his route was through different states it is hard to tell where she would be. We would probably never know.

I wish we would hear something new on her case. I also wonder about Leslie Adams. Do you remember her? She disappeared around the same time that Tara did. Her husband or boyfriend had been abusive and she had just gotten a protection order. I've never heard that she has been found.

There are so many missing people that just vanished into thin air. People of all ages. It just breaks my heart.

Good post, Bobbisangel, so many questions about what could have happened in this case, who is responsible and what is going on with the investigation.

It's possible that Ali wanted the family back together mainly due to her pregnancy, as you said for your daughter. Seems that getting pregnant and filing for protection orders are 2 of the most dangerous things a girlfriend/wife of an abuser can do. I'm very sorry about your daughter and glad they were able to get the one who did it and have a trial. I wish the same for Ali and others who are missing. I feel sorry for her mother, sisters and friends because the worst has to be not knowing what has happened or where she is.

That was a terrible experience you went through with your so-called friend, and you are lucky not to be hurt worse. Sometimes people can really fool you about who they are and how they feel about you.

Yes, I remember Leslie Adams but have not seen anything new on her for a while. I think there is a thread on her in missing persons. The last I read, the husband had been arrested for violating the protection order, because they verified that he had called her.

Agree, I never knew so many children/adults went missing before looking into forums about it, because you only hear about certain ones in the news. But, they have not vanished, they are still on this earth somewhere and somebody knows where they are and what happened. It seems that sometimes it takes years for these people to come forward and tell the truth, or for some evidence to be found that leads to the answer. Hopefully, there will be an answer for Ali and her family one day.

cdt0283 said:
This may or may not be related. Let's hope it is not.
I'm trying to see if there are any other women missing in the area.

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061008/BREAKINGNEWS/610080345

I wish they had said what shape the body was in. By now there probably isn't much left of Ali but bones. If they could tell that it was a woman it probably isn't her. I wonder how many other women are missing in that area?

I still think the key here is Ali's husband. I wonder what hours he worked the night she disappeared. If he worked all night then he might not have had much time to go to far away. I would imagine that LE has all of that info though. I just wish she would be found.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back