Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per FDLE, Diana is currently listed as a 'runaway'.

http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/person/viewMissingPerson-120459661.a

attachment.php
So she just turned 9 years old. Really sad.

[video=twitter;738513079995125760]https://twitter.com/kimpowellWINK/status/738513079995125760[/video]

Kim Powell ‏@kimpowellWINK 22m minutes ago
Emotional prayer vigil for #DianaAlvares' mother and stepfather. @winknews #AmberAlert

Hmmmmm.....well, if LE considered her to be a runaway, then why did they spend the first three days of this week poking around in the tall grass with sticks and diving into shallow ponds ?

They of course were doing that while we were all here on Websleuths discussing what role the ex roommate might have in all of this.

The thing on his FB that disturbed me the most was pictures of two different babies, tears on their cheeks. What about that interests him? It gives me the creeps.

I agree. Even most of his pictures with saying on them are of babies or younger kids.

Mother is on Nancy Grace right now

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I've been at work all day but was thrilled to hear an AA was finally called for Diana.

Phones buzzed in pockets, and the first co-worker to look said "AA", I couldn't get my phone out quick enough and blurted out "Is it for Diana Alvarez?" and the response was "Fort Myers", I responded that it had to be for her, as I fumbled for phone and seen the confirmation that it was, in fact, for her.

This was a teaching lesson for me. One co-worker was rather annoyed. Saying how an AA on the phone should only be for the immediate area. I snapped back with the knowledge that I had. She could anywhere in the State. Her Dad has ties to Okeechobee and the person she's suspect of being with is, or was, in Orlando.

People just don't know this stuff!

Anyway, WOW! So, the car has been found abandoned and they are on the move! It sickens me that this grown man took a liking to a child. He was probably grooming her the whole time he lived with the family. She probably went willingly with him, as he promised he'd come back for her after he left a week or so ago.

She's just a child and doesn't know any better. She probably put her shoes on, grabbed her blanket, and walked right outside to meet him.

I hope this sick twist is found quickly now that the AA is out. I can't imagine what he's already done to her and I hope she lives to tell.

I'm still perplexed, like most, I reckon, about the oil on the stove. But, whatever the plan was with that, if there was one, it didn't pan out, so...

Hmmmmm.....well, if LE considered her to be a runaway, then why did they spend the first three days of this week poking around in the tall grass with sticks and diving into shallow ponds ?

They of course were doing that while we were all here on Websleuths discussing what role the ex roommate might have in all of this.

Well, we are SUPER smart!!!

I'm beginning to think that LE is hearing the information as we are hearing it, as the mother and step-father reveal bit by bit the real story. JMO

Since the Malibu was found I'm interested in if the brother has been located. If the white van is his and he hasn't been located then he could be with Jorge and Diana.

Do they put our AA for runaways? It doesn't match the criteria listed.

If they think they are endangered I think they would.

I do believe LE thinks Jorge lured her and she went willingly but it still bothers me greatly that they list her as a runaway even though I somewhat understand why. She is just a very immature child who doesn't even know what it means to runaway. Truthfully, imo, she has been lured away by a mature adult who is a pedophile. You can bet if this creep is caught he will be facing abduction/kidnapping charges.

A little 9 year old doesn't have the mental maturity to even make those decisions on her own. I wish they would change it because it may cause others to not be interested in seeing she is returned to her family.:(

IMO

I'm beginning to think that LE is hearing the information as we are hearing it, as the mother and step-father reveal bit by bit the real story. JMO

Bit by bit. That's the part that bothers me. They were able to release an Amber Alert now because they had a person and a vehicle. That took days to come out! I am going to bet that they held nothing back in the interviews. They didn't tell the police something and then hide it from us. The police are working with what they know. And the bits they get every day. Its time for her to be found.

I will say if they know a car, the license plate readers are more places than they might know. I know Louisiana knows every car that passes through. I am hoping that will help.

Do they put our AA for runaways? It doesn't match the criteria listed.
I don't understand the "runaway" thing. There was no mention of anything else missing other than her blanket and shoes. I think Diana may have walked outside and maybe even left. But I think IMO she thought she would be coming right back home, before mom and dad woke up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think LE has known about Jorge before the family spoke to the media.

They seemed to have been working on this angle all along. I think that is why they located his car so quickly after they put out all the information about him and Diana. They were already looking for him and may have been for the last couple of days.

JMO

Bit by bit. That's the part that bothers me. They were able to release an Amber Alert now because they had a person and a vehicle. That took days to come out! I am going to bet that they held nothing back in the interviews. They didn't tell the police something and then hide it from us. The police are working with what they know. And the bits they get every day. Its time for her to be found.

I will say if they know a car, the license plate readers are more places than they might know. I know Louisiana knows every car that passes through. I am hoping that will help.

I am hoping they told LE right away. I wonder if the parent's started revealing more information because they interpret LE's silence toward them as LE not doing enough so therefore they will tell all to everyone so something gets done. I hope that made sense!

If they think they are endangered I think they would.

I do believe LE thinks Jorge lured her and she went willingly but it still bothers me greatly that they list her as a runaway even though I somewhat understand why. She is just a very immature child who doesn't even know what it means to runaway. Truthfully, imo, she has been lured away by a mature adult who is a pedophile. You can bet if this creep is caught he will be facing abduction/kidnapping charges.

A little 9 year old doesn't have the mental maturity to even make those decisions on her own. I wish they would change it because it may cause others to not be interested in seeing she is returned to her family.:(

IMO
I totally agree. Listing a nine yr old child is very misleading. It makes it seem like she made the decision to flee when in reality he groomed her in order to abduct her. This "run away" status is so wrong and should never be applied when a child is taken away by an adult.

<modsnip> was on NG tonight. The only thing I heard new was the vehicle has been located, and police don't want to alert the suspect to their presence by having lots of media show up where the car was found.

<modsnip> was on NG tonight. The only thing I heard new was the vehicle has been located, and police don't want to alert the suspect to their presence by having lots of media show up where the car was found.

And that's the smartest thing to do to be able to find the perp and Diana, no matter how many LE bashers think otherwise.

Here's my thing about the dropped off Malibu and the police not wanting to alert Jorge that they are close. Um. Jorge KNOWS where he dropped the car. So, if he knows you found it and you are close ot it, then he knows you are there. I think they don't want family brawls following them there. I think that's the real issue.

I really think this guy had planned all of this out very carefully before he went in. Surprisingly, I don't think he is an idiot like most offenders seem to be.

I think he carefully planned how he would set the house on fire. He didn't want to start the fire himself where the fire investigators would know it was arson. He wanted it to look like an accidental kitchen fire so that is why he left the stove on underneath the oil skillet. Kitchen fires are at the top for causes of fires in homes when someone left something cooking on the stove.

Also it is common knowledge that older mobile homes burnup very quickly. The chemicals in the older insulation/carpet/lumber were ignitors. Now they are made much safer and have to pass fire codes just like all site built homes. When I owned my real estate business I went to a class one time, and the instructor stated the older single wide had a burn rate of 8 minutes once started. The newer models have fire retardant materials.

Imo, he thought the home would catch fire once the oil began to sizzle hoping it would boil over and spread quickly. ... (snipped for focus)

Good point about the materials in an older trailer. And besides being flammable, many of those materials emit highly toxic fumes when they catch fire, so even if the entire trailer didn't burn, the occupants might have been killed. My niece had a friend who died (with her family) in a similar accident, when a kitchen towel apparently fell across a burner while the mother was cooking supper. The friend and the mother got out but the others were overwhelmed by the fumes before they could reach fresh air. Thank God nothing like that happened to Diana's family.

I totally agree. Listing a nine yr old child is very misleading. It makes it seem like she made the decision to flee when in reality he groomed her in order to abduct her. This "run away" status is so wrong and should never be applied when a child is taken away by an adult.

Thank God the local LE was smart enough and dedicated enough to know that just because she left the house on her own didn't mean she was safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje