FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, elle1919....it's the term "is not actually a bluff at all".....as per my sis....whom I quoted as giving me this info originally...yeah, that's it....I'll blame her!!
At any rate...."Buffalo Bluff" isn't ACTUALLY a "bluff" at all.....but as mentioned in TUBA's post....it's really "low lying ground with lots of growth"

lol....gotcha

I doubt she was home for any of it; she came home realized Haleigh missing, didn't call 911 right away, waited a half hour. If she had just woke up and realized it could potentially mean a predator still in the house, so first thing you'd think she'd do is call 911. So it sounds more like she walked upon the situation rather than woke up to it

REALLY good point!

Also...does anyone think it possible that a family member thought Haleigh in potential danger, and removed her from the home? I only bring this up because of the recent story of the grandfather that took his 2 grandkids 20 years ago, and moved to Ca. The other reason is (in one of the threads or news stories) it was said that Child Protective were at the residence previously for unknown reasons. Sometimes a family member might feel that CPS isn't doing what needs to be done. Take matters into their own hands.

We could have news by the end of the day. If so, they will move forward with the investigation to declare it moved to Homicide case or keep it as a missing person case.

Evidence has been in the possession of LE for over 72 hours now and they should have some preliminary results to follow up on. They are not going to name POIs, Suspects, or make any arrests until they have some clear cut evidence pointing to the person/persons involved so the clock doesn't start running and they lawyer up.

SS is there a timeline in these types of cases where they make a declaration as you mentioned? I'm not familiar and was curious to know when they make the determinations to declare homicide or missing persons, and do you know what type of timeline would be used to decide when to scale back operations if she isn't found? TIA

REALLY good point!

Also...does anyone think it possible that a family member thought Haleigh in potential danger, and removed her from the home? I only bring this up because of the recent story of the grandfather that took his 2 grandkids 20 years ago, and moved to Ca. The other reason is (in one of the threads or news stories) it was said that Child Protective were at the residence previously for unknown reasons. Sometimes a family member might feel that CPS isn't doing what needs to be done. Take matters into their own hands.
Why wouldn't they also take her little brother? :waitasec:

Just bumping my request...
Does anyone have the link to the twitter site that is following thiscase? TIA.

Whoever was asking about the "plastic lock" on the previous thread - I was watching NG the first night this was mentioned by the dad.. I believe he misunderstood NG's question and was talking about the lock on the screen door. He said something to the effect of "like a normal lock on any screen door".

The girlfriend's story doesn't seem that far-fetched. I could imagine waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Seeing the kitchen light on - going in there and then seeing the door open. The first thing I would do was look out the window or out the door. Then I would check on my kid. If he wasn't there, I'd look around - maybe I would call my husband just to check before I called the police. See him coming down the road. See him get out of his truck by himself. And then I'd start to freak out.

I'd still like to know how many times the father contacted the home between 3pm and 10pm on the night in question. it would seem to me normal check-in patterns would exist. no one has mentioned any conversations that may have took place between 3pm and 10pm. this guy knew he was trusting his children to a 17 y.o live in girlfriend. how many times did he regularly check in at night. was the traffic any different the night Haleigh went missing?

Has anyone googled the g/f's uncles address to see how close and compare it to Haleighs home? Just wondering if its behind them or what?

Commenting on someone's post about a 17-yo getting up to go to the bathroom. It is not unusual at all. Not everyone has the same bladder capacity or control of their bladder. My granddaughter wet the bed until she was about 10, if her mom didn't get her up to go to b/r at least once, and sometimes did anyway. I don't recall sleeping through the night without having to get up to go to the b/r at least once myself. So, I don't think it was unusual... she could have drank beer or soft drinks just before going to bed, too.
As to having the general discussion threads, I like them, and was disappointed when they were discontinued in the CA forum. It's nice to have a central place where you can talk about anything without being bashed for being off topic. The only problem is, I miss so much because I can't stay logged in 24/7 and the threads move so fast, I can't keep up!! So if a subject gets repeated a lot, that's okay, it means some of us don't miss as much!

Anyone know the condition of the trailer?
Clean not clean. Lots of trash, overflowing ashtrays, garbage?
OR, clean as can be expected with 4 people living there?
Only reason I'm asking, I have been thinking Misty may have ran around disposing of things before calling 911. (drug proofing the place, etc.)
I think it's hard sometimes for people to call in LE, even in an emergency.
Just asking, not pointing a finger......:waitasec:
IMO

Why wouldn't they also take her little brother? :waitasec:

Maybe they couldn't get to him (sleeping too close to GF). OR maybe just Haleigh because she has a medical issue that may not be taken care of the way they feel it should.

I know it's far fetched, but just throwing everything out there.

Don't know if this was posted, apologies if it has been...

The Cummings are getting help from another family.

George and Cindy Anthony visited Satsuma Thursday to not only help with the search, but to comfort them.

“They need to be in support of each other. They need to be there no matter what. They need to be out there when things get tough, and there are tough days. There's tough hours. There's tough minutes. They need to know they can reach out to me, to Josh (Duckett), to my wife Cindy, to my son, to other families that understand. We've become members of a unique club, and that unique club is there to help you,” said George Anthony.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/13/amber_alert__day_4_in_search_for_haleigh.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch