FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good therapist can ask a 4-year-old questions in a way that's not too probing. If it hasn't already been done, I hope LE is considering this option.

I hope they already have. Remember Jessie Davis (is that her name?) in Ohio whose little boy (who I think was 2 at the time) said "Mommy's in the rug"? Children can be very helpful witnesses.

I can't find them....only thing to click on is the box with the red X..
and there's nothing. I don't have a myspace account...Could that
be my problem?

That could be! I was signed onto my MySpace account when I looked at them. She may have changed her privacy settings.

I'm from S.C., by the way. This is a totally unscientific observation, but I saw a replay of the girlfriend's interview on Nancy Grace, and shades of Susan Smith! It was eerie, her tone of voice was similar and she closed her eyes when she was answering questions. Even my husband noticed it.

Yes. My heart sank when I saw it. 99.999% of me thinks Misty is directly responsible for harming Haleigh. It looks like more and more of us are coming to this conclusion. Very sad.

*EDITED* Ok, I am changing my belief in this case. I am now convinced the dad and girlfriend are responsible. She is just doing what he is telling her to do.

If dad and Misty are sleeping in a tent right now, (according to the NG show), where is the little boy?

I'm from S.C., by the way. This is a totally unscientific observation, but I saw a replay of the girlfriend's interview on Nancy Grace, and shades of Susan Smith! It was eerie, her tone of voice was similar and she closed her eyes when she was answering questions. Even my husband noticed it.

You are not the first person who has said this very thing today! I didn't feel that when I watched, but the fact that so many here are saying this gives me the chills.

I'm really worried that she could have been abducted by a predator. Has it been released yet if any windows were open? Were all of the windows locked? Screens are so easy to pop off in trailers, and windows can be very easily jarred open. I wonder if the perp could have gone to the screen door, put a cinder block to prop it open, then went to a window to sneak inside, he/she could have picked up Haleigh and carried her right out the door that was deadbolted. Something just doesn't make sense to me...I'm just trying to play different scenarios. I won't be able to sleep tonight!
That's a very good theory! Still, just because he (says) locked it when he left, doesn't mean it wasn't opened after that. I just don't buy a young girl staying inside all early afternoon/evening for the duration. Maybe she went outside and forgot to lock it when she came back in. Maybe that's why she was nervous on TV. I don't think she's handling the storytelling well, and the truth will out shortly.

This is a list of Who's Who in this case:

MOTHER

Mother of Haleigh is Crystal Diane Sheffield – age 24

Her mother is: Nancy Marie Griffis – age 43 (second marrige to Bruce A. Griffis in 2002 in Putnum County, Florida)

Her father is: Johnny Marcus Sheffield – age 46 – Satsuma and MacClenny

Siblings are: Sarah Lavon, Marcus, Savannah

Step-father: Bruce A. Griffis – age 46 – Glen St. Mary, Lake City, Sanderson, Lawstoy

Boyfriend: Chad Griffis – age 29 (may be son of step-father or step-uncle)

Possible relationship: son of Victor Griffis – age 52; Deborah Lynn – age 48; Jill – age 25

FATHER

Father of Haleigh is Ronald Cummings – age 25

His father: Jack Cummings

His mother: Theresa Neves

His girlfriend: Misty Croslin – age 17

GIRLFRIEND

Misty Croslin

Her father: Hank Thomas Croslin – age 40

Her mother: Lisa Croslin – age 39

Her siblings: Lindsey and Chelsea

Father’s occupation: owns T&T Drywall Company – Hank Croslin, Inc.

Father’s relatives: Chester Leon – age 44; Adam Troy – age 43;
[FONT=&quot]June Marie – age 63; Timothy A. – age 21; Michael – (no age given)[/FONT] I think Timothy A. age 21 is Misty's older brother

Not to change the subject or divert the thread. But a suggestion to Tricia. It might be worth tacking up a new forum just fr this case. I has the feeling of somehing that is sadly going to have legs.

I haven't had a chance to read through the entire thread but.....

I really hate to say this, but I feel the same way. I hope to goodness we're wrong. I haven't ruled out that there is a good possibility Haleigh may have been abducted, but I feel like there was something odd/off about the 17 y/o GF. I hate feeling this way w/o more facts, but something is telling me that some thing happened to Haliegh earlier and gf paniced - why the hesitation to call 911? She called her bf first? Why? Seems wierd that she noticed that Haleigh was missing right about the time the BF was coming home and then called him right about the time he was driving up and he had to tell her to call 911.

The whole back door dead bolt thing is bugging me too. Could a perp been inside the trailer before anyone ever went to bed, or is that story just not correct? Or did the girl use the back door during that day and forget to lock it? ......so many questions! I just hope they find her and she is unharmed. I hoping another family member snatched her (less chance of her being hurt if this is the case)

Dad has said a few times that he himself deadbolted that door and checked it before he went to work.
That is why I'm confused about it. Especially being it is a deadbolt. :shrug:

This is a Who's Who in this case.................

MOTHER

Her mother is: Nancy Marie Griffis – age 43 (second marrige to Bruce A. Griffis in 2002 in Putnum County, Florida)

Step-father: Bruce A. Griffis – age 46 – Glen St. Mary, Lake City, Sanderson, Lawstoy

Possible relationship: son of Victor Griffis – age 52; Deborah Lynn – age 48; Jill – age 25

FATHER

GIRLFRIEND

Misty Croslin

Father’s relatives: Chester Leon – age 44; Adam Troy – age 43; June Marie - age 63, Timothy A. - age 21, Michael - not age given. I think Timothy A. - age 21 is Misty's brother
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I am glad LE is looking back to the 30 days prior to Haleigh disappearing. Just last night on either Greta or NG, the bio mom stated that she would see the kids every 2 weeks from 6PM on Friday evening to 6PM on Sunday evening. Wednesday night, the mom stated that she had not seen the kids in 2 weeks. Well, wouldn't this past weekend have been her time to see the kids? Wonder why she didn't?

As we all know, LE has to have evidence before implicating anyone. Hopefully they will have some evidence soon. Polygraphs may indicate lying to LE, but you can't arrest on that. Maybe some forensic evidence can be gleaned from the cinder block and/or the footprint. If it is a corrugated cinder block, then full fingerprints will not show up. LE is probably checking all cell phone records and computers. IMO, they will know something soon. I also would like to know about the Dad's work records.

What immediately struck me about the Dad's demeanor during the 911 call was his intense anger. It may be just me, but I think this is kind of off here. I can see him being angry, but not to that point. IMO, he should have been more upset than angry.

I think the Dad, GF, and the bio Mom are all acting strange. I honestly believe that Haleigh's disappearance is within the family somehow.

About the Mom - if she is in contempt of court and not in the courtroom, a bench warrant would be issued, IMO. The nolle prossed drug charge on the Dad would be if he cooperated with LE and led them to the supplier. Also, a lot of times the drug dealer will only carry a small amount of drugs with him/herself in case they get caught. If caught with a large amount, there would be an attempt to distribute charge tacked on.

I would like to see the Dad and the GF stay separated. I just see the Dad as having an inordinate amount of control over the GF. I think we are going to see some lawyering up tomorrow and less cooperation with LE.

All JMO. :eek:...go to dinner, take a nap, and a thousand new posts popped up.

I felt the same about the father! I didn't see the GF on TV, but maybe they both know what happened.

I agree LaLaw!
I found one video a while ago, and can't seem to locate it again darnit, where the maternal grandmother was talking about the control dad had over her daughter (bio mom) was talking about how he kept close watch on her, wouldn't let her have a job, and took her car that she had given her daughter..
If this is true, then chances are, he hasn't changed at all..I can't help but wonder if gf is lying because she is afraid, or either she did something so he would make her leave..

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/021309/news_021309_018.shtml

This is a good article on today's clues, for those who need an update.

Leila, THANK YOU! I've bookmarked so many of your posts! You deserve a special sleuthster award!

first_place_ribbon.jpg

Wow, Leila, thank you. :blowkiss: I have had to think hard to keep all the peeps straight. :waitasec:

This is a Who's Who in this case.................

MOTHER

FATHER

GIRLFRIEND

Misty Croslin

Father’s relatives: Chester Leon – age 44; Adam Troy – age 43;
[FONT=&quot]June Marie – age 63; Timothy A. – age 21; Michael – (no age given) I think Timothy A. – age 21, is Misty’s brother[/FONT]

Dad has said a few times that he himself deadbolted that door and checked it before he went to work.
That is why I'm confused about it. Especially being it is a deadbolt. :shrug:
I heard him say that, so somebody had to unlock it from the inside (unless the lock was picked - but would a perp stand there and try to pick a lock on a trailer if people were IN the trailer? Wouldn't a window be easier? What time did the b/f go to work? Was g/f home the entire day with the children - from the time b/f went to work until the time the child went missing or was she out and about?

Ooops. That ribbon came out a lot bigger than I anticipated!

:blushing:

Leila, thanks for the cast of characters. One thing I noticed immediately is that Misty has no younger siblings. How would she know how to take care of a couple of little kids? Could be some carelessness involved here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor