FL FL - Amy Billig, 17, Coconut Grove, 5 March 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she was hitchhiking, maybe the gallery was her 2nd destination and she went somewhere further away first. That opens up the possibility that she wasn't kidnapped and something actually happened at the 2nd location.

Construction workers saw a girl hitchhiking, and it was later deemed Amy based on a fairly common appearance at the time. Unless one of them knew her, or saw her face long enough to (accurately) ID her we don't know it was her.

But if she did get a ride for even a short distance it would make sense she knew the driver or other occupant/s or both and as @Friday Fan said, took it as an opportunity to catch up (pre texts, etc). It would seem easy enough to verify with her friends if she indeed had lunch plans. If not, but she was going to the gallery for money, there are a lot of potential endings. It would interesting to know how often she walked in general, and to the gallery (for money or not) to the gallery.

If she was hitchhiking, maybe the gallery was her 2nd destination and she went somewhere further away first. That opens up the possibility that she wasn't kidnapped and something actually happened at the 2nd location.

Construction workers saw a girl hitchhiking, and it was later deemed Amy based on a fairly common appearance at the time. Unless one of them knew her, or saw her face long enough to (accurately) ID her we don't know it was her.

But if she did get a ride for even a short distance it would make sense she knew the driver or other occupant/s or both and as @Friday Fan said, took it as an opportunity to catch up (pre texts, etc). It would seem easy enough to verify with her friends if she indeed had lunch plans. If not, but she was going to the gallery for money, there are a lot of potential endings. It would interesting to know how often she walked in general, and to the gallery (for money or not) to the gallery.
I'm pretty sure she walked the route alot. If her and any of her friends wanted to get ice cream or hang out at the park or anything, that would be the direction she would go. There is a memorial garden that her brother created for her at one of the parks. The marina is also there. Any shopping would be near her dad's gallery. The main road to downtown Miami is just north of her dad's gallery.

This road she walked along appeared very quiet and secluded. It probably felt safe and was safe 99.9% of the time. Quiet and secluded provides good cover. Plus there is lots of vegetation. There were three boarding schools between her house and her father's gallery. Maybe a perp had a habit of spying on students at those schools. Screenshot Capture - 2024-06-21 - 18-38-15.png

This would be near where here father's office was in 1974. (Downtown Coconut Grove)
lums.jpg

Pic from this blog: Coconut Grove Grapevine: Reminiscing

There are tons of pics of Coconut Grove in the 1970's. There is even a FB group about growing up in Coconut Grove. It's always been a hipster place. It evolved into an LGBT hangout, so there are lots of pics because so many have old connections.

There's even an article about Amy's brother and his stonework. (He's mentioned in several blogs) Everything seems connected and organic. Sorta Margaritaville meets hippies.

Last edited:
I believe Amy had been found in 1974 and it was covered up. I don’t want to get into every detail about what happened because it appears to be rather murky, but that it should be under investigation.

I can say that there is very little doubt that Hank Johnson was involved in a deliberate attempt to sabotage the investigation, most likely because he was trying to obscure and discredit any credible information from the body that was found from making its way into the Billig household.

If you believe that the Pagans were involved then I will sell you a schedule for the Turnip Truck transportation company, and you can wait patiently for 50 years to make your way back home.

There was a very clear objective from both Hank Blair and “David” that wasn’t a coincidence.
My guess, and it’s just a guess, is that Amy’s dad and mother may have escaped from the crime in New York under special circumstances and that it was never disclosed to the public. Mr Billig passed away and then they got Hank. I don’t think Hank killed Amy but he set it up.

Reminds me of RH (Lisk) imo, rbbm.
1720015461169.png

Henry johnson Blair​

By Mireya Navarro Dec. 3, 1995

''But her disappearance in itself was only one cause for their grief. Another was the telephone calls that came at night, from a man who claimed to be the abductor and who described the things he was doing to their child.
Those calls continued, off and on, for 21 years.''

''Mr. Blair, married and the father of two children, is a decorated 24-year veteran of the United States Customs Service, a special agent who oversees drug interdiction at the Port of Miami and on the Miami River.''

''Throughout the ordeal, the one constant in their lives was the caller -- Mrs. Billig describes his voice as "low, threatening" -- from whom they began hearing within weeks of the disappearance. In one call, according to court documents filed in the case against Mr. Blair, the man told Mrs. Billig that "she would be abducted like her daughter and sold into a slave trade." In another, he told her she only had two weeks to live.
The caller never demanded ransom. Mrs. Billig, who took most of the calls and taped some of them, said that "he wanted a mother and daughter sex thing."
Often she would hang up on him. But sometimes she would talk to him for a couple of minutes, begging him to "have a heart." Once, when she asked him to put her daughter on the phone, he said he had cut out Amy's tongue.''

''The Customs Service office here has placed Mr. Blair on paid administrative leave while the case against him is pending. His colleagues, who know him as Hank, are disbelieving. They describe him as honest, hard-working and affable.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herr_indoors
Back