FL FL - Angela Ramsey, 16, Deland, 21 June 1977

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think she could be one the unidentified bodies of Billy Mansfield Jr. that was found buried at his family home in Weeki Wachee Acres in 1981. I've been researching him and he said one of the bodies was a hitchhiker from 1977. He also gave descriptions that matched up to Sandra Graham and Elaine Zeigler and they were identified quickly so I believe him. It is a little over two hours from Deland to Weeki Wachee. http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=22014446 Should this get submitted?

It's been some time since anyone has posted. Does anyone recall a male rapist/murderer with a missing eye, and a large scar across his face? I ask because these missing girls are close to the Daytona Beach area, where a attempted abduction took place in 1978. The man would be in his 50's now.

Does anyone have the picture taken of her at that pool? I wonder if it's the same motel as where Rodney Alcala took two pictures of a 20 something woman in bikini.

A rapist with a scar across his face and a missing eye? Sounds straight out of central casting. I doubt anyone could forget him. Wonder if he attacked Pamela Del Ray

I find it odd that according to Charley Project, the mystery dinner date man "found" her motel room key and turned it over to authorities. How could he have found her key if she wasn't with him? That isn't something that one would be likely to just leave somewhere.

There was another serial killer in Florida around that time who isn't as well known as the others - his name was James Winkles. Some of the circumstances don't fit (all Winkles crimes I know of were in the Tampa area, and he scoped them out at their workplaces, the victims cars were found in parking lots 4 days after they disappeared, etc). But I wanted to mention it because someone mentioned Patricia Action upthread. I do believe Winkles was responsible for Patricia Action, Barbara Barkley, possibly LeeAnn Huffman and possibly Florence Coker. I suppose he could have been responsible for Angela as well, but it would mean a bit of deviating from his signature MO.

FL – Angela “Angie” Sigrid Ramsey, W/F, 16, Deland, Volusia Co, 21 Jun 1977

Angela “Angie” Sigrid Ramsey

Capture.JPG ramsey_angela_ap.jpg

Missing From: Deland, Volusia County, Florida

Physical/Clothing/Medical
Race:
White
Sex: Female
DOB: 05/16/61
Height: 5’3” (63”)
Weight: 115 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Clothing:
Jewelry:
Characteristics
/Medical/Scars: Small scar on left side of face, canine teeth overlap front teeth (anterior crossbite)
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status
: Not Available
Dental Status: Available
DNA Status: Available

Circumstances:
Angie had hitchhiked from Columbia, South Carolina to Florida in June 1977 to visit friends in Florida. Angie stayed with her friends for two days June 17-18th they had offered her money, however Angie refused and left. On June 19th Angie checked into the Boulevard Motel at 1349 N Woodland Boulevard Deland, Florida. It was June 21st after not attending a scheduled dinner date with a man she had met in DeLand that Angie was reported missing.

The man whom reported Angie found her motel key and turned it over to LE. LE searched her motel room all personal belongings including jewelry, clothing was inside along with a photo of Angie by the motel pool and a letter written to her best friend in South Carolina. The photo had been taken by the man whom reported Angie missing, the letter had not yet been mailed however stated Angie missed her mother.

LE interviewed witnesses including the man whom reported her missing that is now a corrections officer in Brevard County whom was cleared by LE as a suspect. All leads were followed however Angie was never found.

In 1981 Angie's family reached out to the community asking for help to find Angie, requesting that she contact her relatives or the Volusia County Sheriff’s Department due to a family illness.

For several years missing advertisements were posted however Angie has never been located.

Investigating Agencies:
Volusia County Sheriff’s Office
123 W Indiana Avenue
Deland, FL 32720
Tele: 386.248.1777 / 386.248.1770
MP Case # 93001275
Web: About Us

NCIC # M-617760981

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case #6556: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Carrie Sutherland
Tele: 817.202.5931
E-Mail: Carrie.Sutherland@unthsc.edu

NCMEC # NCMC604083 - Have you seen this child? ANGELA RAMSEY

The Doe Network 49DFFL - The Doe Network: Case File 49DFFL

The Charley Project - Angela Sigrid Ramsey – The Charley Project

Dean Marie Pyle Peters & Cold Cases Blog Spot - Dean Marie Pyle Peters & Cold Cases: Angela Sigrid Ramsey-Missing 37 Years

News/Blogs:
03/10/81 – The Orlando Sentinel
12/23/93 – South Florida Sun Sentinel
01/13/94 – The Orlando Sentinel
01/14/94 – The Orlando Sentinel - Police Investigate Suspect's Link To Volusia Teen's Disappearance
08/11/94 – South Florida Sun Sentinel
01/14/94 – The Orlando Sentinel
04/20/95 – South Florida Sun Sentinel
07/16/07 – Daytona Beach News Journal
06/28/13 – Hometown News - Firefighters and Volusia County Sheriff's Office invest

this case baffles me. i think:
1. the guy knows more than he is saying
2. she hitch hiked and it went bad
3. something with the military ( i can't help but wonder)
4. she left to go somewhere else, but something went wrong.
whatever happened to her, it cant be good

I think 1 and 4 are the strongest theories for sure.

Satch

ARamsey.jpg
ARamsey1.jpg
ARamsey2.jpg

Left: Ramsey, circa 1977; Middle: Age-progressed image to age 45 (circa 2006); Right: Age-progressed to 50 years

Angela Sigrid Ramsey
Missing since June 21, 1977 from Deland, Volusia County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: May 16, 1961
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 115 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: Ramsey has a small scar on the left side of her face.
    • Dentals: Available
    • DNA: in CODIS
Circumstances of Disappearance

Angela Ramsey hitchhiked from Columbia, SC., to Florida in June, 1977 to visit friends in DeLand. She stayed at the Boulevard Motel on Woodland Boulevard for two days, then disappeared. A man who befriended Angie and took a picture of her by the motel pool later reported the girl missing, after she didn't meet him for dinner.

Investigators found the picture in Angie's room with her clothes, jewelry and a letter to her best friend back home. The letter said she missed Columbia and her mother.

Ramsey's father was an officer in the United States Army; as a result of the family's travels, she had many friends across the country. Ramsey's mother told authorities that her daughter had hitchhiked to Florida with truck drivers, then stayed at a friend's home in Florida before checking into the Boulevard Motel.

Ramsey's friend apparently offered her money before she left, but she refused to accept the offer. She has never been seen again and investigators suspect foul play.

Investigators

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Ramsey, please contact:
Volusia County Sheriff's Office
386-248-1777

Agency Case Number: 93001275
NCMEC #: NCMC604083
NCIC Number: M617760981
The Doe Network: Case File 49DFFL

LINK:
The Doe Network: Case File 49DFFL

Is the photo the man took of her available anywhere online? I'm curious as it would be the most recent one, and might offer some sort of clue--jewelry, clothing, etc.

Ok. JMO, but we should NEVER let anyone out of jail for "good behavior" who committed sex crimes against a 9 MONTH OLD?!???

(The link above, Mansfield's father....)

Can only imagine what horror went on at that property. Put him back in jail unless he tells all.

What evidence could rule him out? Where did he find the room key? How quickly did that photo get developed or what is one of the pop out the bottom of the camera Polaroid pictures?

Dean Marie Pyle Peters & Cold Cases: Angela Sigrid Ramsey-Missing 37 Years

Police searched her motel room and found her jewelry, clothes and a photo of Angela herself taken by the Boulevard Motel swimming pool. The photo was taken by the man who was going to take Angela out to dinner on June 21st, the day she went missing. The man also had found the motel room key, and handed it over to investigators. The man was questioned in Angela's disappearance and has been ruled out as a suspect. Investigators also discovered a letter Angela had written to her best friend in South Carolina, saying she missed Columbia and her mother.

Not quite sure what to make of this "forensic astrology" but if it helps, then I'm all for it. When you go to the blog spot for 2015, you have to scroll down quite a ways to find her listing.

Posted 3/28/2015
Forensic Astrology

New post on the blog tonight! Angela Ramsey, missing for 37 years. The charts were amazing on this one. See what they have to say at http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com.
Snip:
I have worked on this case on and off for about a year. At first, I could not make sense of what I was seeing based on what the reports say. But after giving it time and study it finally came together for me. I made the mistake of thinking she had to have been at the motel up to the time when her date was supposed to happen but I now know this is not how it went. When you see the charts you will be as shocked as I was but mostly impressed by the consistency of Astrology and how it just doesn't waiver from the truth. Instead of starting with the time of her "date" that evening, I backed up the charts and discovered something surprising. I ended up running charts backward to the apparent time of abduction as the charts revealed to me. Prepare to be amazed.

Does anyone have that picture?
I’ve never seen the picture of Angie. I think it’s a little odd since it’s about the only physical clue for her case. I didn’t think Alcala was ever confirmed to be in FL, but I also found those pictures reminiscent of Angie’s story. Unfortunately it makes sense that a creeper might look around a motel for vulnerable or transient victims given their temporary nature.

I’ve never seen the picture of Angie. I think it’s a little odd since it’s about the only physical clue for her case. I didn’t think Alcala was ever confirmed to be in FL, but I also found those pictures reminiscent of Angie’s story. Unfortunately it makes sense that a creeper might look around a motel for vulnerable or transient victims given their temporary nature.
If it was the boulevard motel in Deland, then it's not the one in the Alcala pics. That one had two stories.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back