FL - Baby, 9 mos, fatally struck after crawling from home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First, I just can't believe someone from DCF ran over a child! And it didn't seem to make the news! Second, why would DCF be there if there weren't "issues" to begin with?

Me, too RiverRat.

Do you think it's unusual that a google search for the older daughter does not bring up a news story from when she was run over?

Deb ~ I thought the same thing! How can a little girl get run over by DCF and NOT make it into the news?

Just want to make sure I am reading this right so far.

The older daughter who is deaf was run over by a Case Worker? from the Department of Childen & Family Services in November 2007 in the parent's home driveway.

Shawna at 9 months old crawled out of the house ACROSS THE STREET to a neighbor's house and got run over.

Is this correct??

Yes about the DCF worker.

Not sure about the across the street part. I read it that she was also run over in her own driveway...will read again to make sure.

Yes about the DCF worker.

Not sure about the across the street part. I read it that she was also run over in her own driveway...will read again to make sure.

The latest child to be hurt, apparently crawled out of her house, out of her gate, across the street and was under the van when the driver backed out.

From what I can get by reading the articles, the baby was run over by a neighbor, but in her own driveway. The same driveway in which the sister was run over by a DCF worker.

From the link above:

...went through a gate and beneath a parked van.

and

When the van's driver, family friend Joseph L. Wise, 47, went to move the van, the baby was run over and killed.

After they moved items at the back of the house, they came out to move the van.

----

I take that to mean Mr. Wise had driven to their house in a van and it was parked in their driveway.

From what I can get by reading the articles, the baby was run over by a neighbor, but in her own driveway. The same driveway in which the sister was run over by a DCF worker.

That's the way I read it too.

Then there is this from Tallahassee.com (first link in this thread):

ST. AUGUSTINE - A 9-month-old girl crawled out of her St. Augustine home and was fatally struck by a neighbor's van, according to authorities.

Police said the girl crawled out the front door of her home Sunday evening and made her way across the street to a neighbor's driveway.

Yet reading the original articles, it says it was a neighbor across the street. I would guess the newer articles would be more accurate.

In the article that mentions the sister, it says "In November 2007, her other daughter, Haley Runion, 6, was also run over by a car at that house."

Then there is this from Tallahassee.com (first link in this thread):

ST. AUGUSTINE - A 9-month-old girl crawled out of her St. Augustine home and was fatally struck by a neighbor's van, according to authorities.

Police said the girl crawled out the front door of her home Sunday evening and made her way across the street to a neighbor's driveway.

You all are right. Apparently Wise went to their house to help with something, so the little girl was in her own driveway. I wish the media would get things right or just not say until they're sure.

Jeana ~ If you can get the media to do that, you'll be my hero!

Jeana is already my hero................but she could be my idol if she got the media to get it right!!! LOL

So, both girls were run over by a vehicle in THEIR OWN DRIVEWAY.

Is that a fact?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back