Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever mentioned if he had any scars? I know he didn’t have any tattoos.

This is a copy/paste from page 1 of this thread. There really doesn't seem to be any clear identifying marks about him, except the perfect teeth.

-Possible indistinct fine linear scar across abdomen. Very faint.
Thanks! Every time I come into this thread I go down a rabbit hole. Came across someone with a scar above their right eye, but it was such an unlikely match that I won’t even bother posting it.

I am thinking they did not post all marks like they did not post all equipment/belongings found with him. It is clear in one of the photos that he has a mole right below his neck...
It doesn't look like he has a mole in that spot in this picture.

I am thinking they did not post all marks like they did not post all equipment/belongings found with him. It is clear in one of the photos that he has a mole right below his neck...

He's outdoors. Maybe that's a tick?

Perhaps the shirt collar is pulled down more in the photo I posted and the one you posted is in shadow...If you look closely you will see a darker spot by the collar...As you can see in this photo the neckline of the shirt is higher and not stretched as it is in the photo I posted...The tan line is showing a lot more in the that one
Harmless 3.png

Last edited:
I keep thinking about this possibility, so thought I would throw this one out there and let you guys tell me I'm crazy (lol :p). Sometimes it seems like I see Denim's face everywhere. :oops: Read this thread: IN - IN - Christopher Scot Scarrette, 23, Terra Haute, 25 May 2017

IMO, at first glance he's too young and too overweight and he might not even be missing anymore (his mom claimed on SM that Chris was found safe after 3 months but he is still in NAMUS and there has been no MSM coverage). I think his nose and ears look very much like Denim's. MOO. I'm trying to look past the major weight differences-- hard to visualize, but Denim did claim he lost a lot of weight. Also, Chris drove from IN to Louisiana (one hiker who met Denim said he had a LA connection of some sort) and then later ended up declaring bankruptcy from an address in Virginia. That VA address happens to be a horse farm not far from the AT. Some farms along the AT take in hikers and let them do work in exchange for room and board (although I have not found any evidence this farm ever advertised doing that). 3 months (when Chris' mom said he was found safe) is about the time frame when Denim would have been hiking in Virginia in Aug 2017. I wonder if he did call home at that time from this farm and perhaps also filed for bankruptcy from Virginia? The bankruptcy made me wonder if he could have taken out a large loan/cash advance and just not paid it back (explaining Denim's bundle of cash). Perhaps he instead took the money and continued hiking on the AT? MOO.

Anyone care to contact NAMUS and ask them if CSS is still missing? TIA. :)

I keep thinking about this possibility, so thought I would throw this one out there and let you guys tell me I'm crazy (lol :p). Sometimes it seems like I see Denim's face everywhere. :oops: Read this thread: IN - IN - Christopher Scot Scarrette, 23, Terra Haute, 25 May 2017

IMO, at first glance he's too young and too overweight and he might not even be missing anymore (his mom claimed on SM that Chris was found safe after 3 months but he is still in NAMUS and there has been no MSM coverage). I think his nose and ears look very much like Denim's. MOO. I'm trying to look past the major weight differences-- hard to visualize, but Denim did claim he lost a lot of weight. Also, Chris drove from IN to Louisiana (one hiker who met Denim said he had a LA connection of some sort) and then later ended up declaring bankruptcy from an address in Virginia. That VA address happens to be a horse farm not far from the AT. Some farms along the AT take in hikers and let them do work in exchange for room and board (although I have not found any evidence this farm ever advertised doing that). 3 months (when Chris' mom said he was found safe) is about the time frame when Denim would have been hiking in Virginia in Aug 2017. I wonder if he did call home at that time from this farm and perhaps also filed for bankruptcy from Virginia? The bankruptcy made me wonder if he could have taken out a large loan/cash advance and just not paid it back (explaining Denim's bundle of cash). Perhaps he instead took the money and continued hiking on the AT? MOO.

I agree on seeing his face everywhere! I can see the resemblance between denim and this guy, but I notice his description specifically states that his facial hair when grown out will not be a full beard, but splotchy, which leads me to think it is not a match. Good work to all on digging up these possibilities. I really wish some NYC TV stations would cover this story as I tend to think he really was working in NYC in the tech/IT industry.

I like your thinking! But I don't think this is the right guy. Too tall, too young, hair not yet graying, thinning hair (Denim is well known now for his full head of hair and ability to grow a full beard). Chris also wears glasses and Denim did not

Gone over this all morning....can't let it go. Could Mostly Harmless be Matthew John Ferris? Matthew Ferris

According to NamUs, dental information/charting is available and will be entered later. NamUs also indicated that fingerprint information is available elsewhere. (This as of NamUs report dated Feb. 27, 2018.)

So you're thinking Ferris traveled randomly for 25 years? Possible I suppose. The age would be right. Quite a resemblance.

So you're thinking Ferris traveled randomly for 25 years? Possible I suppose. The age would be right. Quite a resemblance.

It's hard to believe and Ferris is probably no longer with us, but it's not impossible. I thought of him also because, being without identifiers an easy match or rule out for MH is not possible. LE wouldn't "run into" Ferris by just putting MH through "the system".

I had a long reply typed out and I lost it. I'll just say this-- I don't think Denim is anyone who has been missing for a long time (i.e. decades) because of his knowledge of computer programming (enough to write code for a game) and because he knew about social media. MOO.

I had a long reply typed out and I lost it. I'll just say this-- I don't think Denim is anyone who has been missing for a long time (i.e. decades) because of his knowledge of computer programming (enough to write code for a game) and because he knew about social media. MOO.

Good point. You are probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member