Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day one and all. Whilst this is a baffling case, I do believe that this mans true identity will tell more about his chosen alias than the alias tells us about him! I do apologise in advance if this young man has been ruled out, otherwise it looks promising. Investigators found notes in this MP journals that seem to fit with MH and his then situation and it should be looked into IMO.

I am not sure if this MP has been explored, but wow! It is like looking at a young MH.

That MP is 5’6. MH is 5’8

also, he went missing in 2000.

I saw the height discrepancy, but theoretically if MP was 23 when he disappeared, lets say maybe it could've been a couple years since he had a physical. It is entirely possible for a boy to grow 2 inches, between the ages 18-20, for example.

MP was a gamer who played online D&D so maybe it could relate to MH's notebook codes.

There could've been some mental illness involved with MP and he just decided to go off the grid and live a transient, loner lifestyle.

It is a stretch & most likely it is not MH but given the physical similarity, I think it is worth looking into. IMO

I can see what you mean about the resemblance when I look at the photos from this post - good find:
FL - FL - Big Cypress National Preserve, Male hiker, "Denim" and "Mostly Harmless", 23 July 2018 #2I get what you're saying. However, here we have a deceased man who it has been said, would work for food along the trail, before starving to his death.. and with ample funds to feed 500. That in itself makes no sense, but couple that with the alias, the lack of identification- I doubt very much that he had earned any sort of legitimate salary in the last couple of years of his life. He must have had It in his possession the whole time that we know of.. From that 1st photograph of him eating a free meal. Bizarre! X

It seems unlikely that someone could live off the grid for 18 yrs and still make a decent salary, etc. I still suspect Denim is not in a reported missing persons database.

As a side note, I hope I don't have to see the reconstructed photo of him too many more times.

Me too. That reconstructed photo is obviously a photo of MH postmortem with doctored eyes and color adjustment to lessen the appearance of decomposition. You can see how skinny he eventually became. Sometimes I fall asleep wondering what happened in the time the last pictures were taken of him and the time he was found. Did he make it to the Keys? Did he stay in Noble's camp for a while? It's a nice chunk of time thats missing. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him.

The most apparent feature that rules out Pendergrast is the presence of dimples, which would have been noted in 'identifying features' from CCSO. Pendergrast also had a notebook in his abandoned vehicle that discussed 'walking into water and becoming one with nature again' according to his Charley page. Though the circumstances of his disappearance are suspicious, I think his case points to a carjacking or suicide. Good find though

That MP is 5’6. MH is 5’8

also, he went missing in 2000.

With missing persons and unidentified cases, we usually take measurements as +/- two to three inches. Even somebody standing versus slouching can make that much difference. And measurements of deceased remains can be even more uncertain.

66" to 68" is practically a match :D

Has any of you guys recently checked if there are any new additions to the rule out list on NamUs? Maybe it would tell us whether they are still actively working on the case.

(Unfortunately, I cannot create a NamUs account because I'm from Europe.)

Attachments

• B326AD49-0264-4B29-97F3-800B650FCC80.png
    B326AD49-0264-4B29-97F3-800B650FCC80.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 56
<modsnip: removed duplicate quote>
The most apparent feature that rules out Pendergrast is the presence of dimples, which would have been noted in 'identifying features' from CCSO. Pendergrast also had a notebook in his abandoned vehicle that discussed 'walking into water and becoming one with nature again' according to his Charley page. Though the circumstances of his disappearance are suspicious, I think his case points to a carjacking or suicide. Good find though
Pendergrast notebook was full of poems, reflections, personal observations of life and death and quotes from 'The Silver Elves: Elven tree of life and death- which leads visitors on a journey of 'S'elf discovery and the means to obtaining immortality. Also in the notebook, MP had written down numbers in sequence, which authorities believed were somehow connected to an online virtual reality game he had been playing. It has to be said that MP friends and Peers took great offence to LE when they seemingly took creative words and turned them into the 'dark thoughts' of their missing loved one. As it is, LE are still baffled by and looking for answers as to Where did David Pendergrast go to?.. He had spent his Summer volunteering with Orphanage Outreach in the Dominican Republic which Rhodes had set up for him. He sounds really lovely. It is very sad X

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day one and all. Whilst this is a baffling case, I do believe that this mans true identity will tell more about his chosen alias than the alias tells us about him! I do apologise in advance if this young man has been ruled out, otherwise it looks promising. Investigators found notes in this MP journals that seem to fit with MH and his then situation and it should be looked into IMO.

Matthew's WS thread: TN - TN - Matthew Pendergrast, 23, Memphis, 1 Dec 2000

I do apologise, I was meant to also include, and this is going to sound mad since I have never seen an image of a clean shaven MH but I do believe he does have dimples. It is 1 feature that I looked out for when looking up MPs. Also, I'm not sure on how prominent dimples would be on the emaciated, sunken face of a 40+ year old deceased person. But I defo picture MH with having dimples. Does nobody else think so too?? X

I do apologise, I was meant to also include, and this is going to sound mad since I have never seen an image of a clean shaven MH but I do believe he does have dimples. It is 1 feature that I looked out for when looking up MPs. Also, I'm not sure on how prominent dimples would be on the emaciated, sunken face of a 40+ year old deceased person. But I defo picture MH with having dimples. Does nobody else think so too?? X

I agree about dimples likely being indeterminable on an emaciated, bearded corpse. I also agree that MP's resemblance to MH is quite striking, particularly the eyes. Also MP's teeth appear to have been in excellent shape before he went missing. It is difficult to imagine this young man going off grid for over 15 years before MH was found, but if he were determined to disappear, and resourceful, it's certainly possible.

I think this potential match is a matter for CCSO to determine.

ETA: in post #4 of MP's thread, the poster observes that he is described as 5'6" and 110 pounds, and that this is a very low weight. This may tie into MH's emaciation at death and his very skinny look in many previous photos. Perhaps there was a longstanding eating disorder or a pattern of low weight.

Last edited:

Have you submitted his name, Victoria? I think it is worth a try.

Has Daniel Lambert been suggested?
NAT_30209_1.jpg

Missing since 2015. 43 years old. Blue eyes. Height is within range (5'10").
This is the only photo I can find. I don't see a thread for him. Charley Project says he left behind a suicide note and his truck was later found at a campsite.

Daniel Dale Lambert – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Daniel Dale Lambert - Missouri Missing Person Directory
Active Missing Persons

(If anyone thinks he's possibility feel free to submit-- I'm only suggesting here. Thanks.)

Unfortunately, he doesn't look anything like MH.

Has Daniel Lambert been suggested?
NAT_30209_1.jpg

Missing since 2015. 43 years old. Blue eyes. Height is within range (5'10").
This is the only photo I can find. I don't see a thread for him. Charley Project says he left behind a suicide note and his truck was later found at a campsite.

Daniel Dale Lambert – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Daniel Dale Lambert - Missouri Missing Person Directory
Active Missing Persons

(If anyone thinks he's possibility feel free to submit-- I'm only suggesting here. Thanks.)

I agree about dimples likely being indeterminable on an emaciated, bearded corpse. I also agree that MP's resemblance to MH is quite striking, particularly the eyes. Also MP's teeth appear to have been in excellent shape before he went missing. It is difficult to imagine this young man going off grid for over 15 years before MH was found, but if he were determined to disappear, and resourceful, it's certainly possible.

I think this potential match is a matter for CCSO to determine.

ETA: in post #4 of MP's thread, the poster observes that he is described as 5'6" and 110 pounds, and that this is a very low weight. This may tie into MH's emaciation at death and his very skinny look in many previous photos. Perhaps there was a longstanding eating disorder or a pattern of low weight.
Yes, MPs given weight on that thread was even questioned in the comments by a seemingly shocked group member. And it had crossed my mind before now that perhaps MH suffered with Bulimia. I do agree with everything you are saying X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke