Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I meant today. I've been up late packing and I forgot about being after midnight!

Edit: I just sent a message, with a photo, to the FindKarl FB page. I said that if they thought it was promising, there was more info available.

I understand, but I did explicitly choose to not contact the family directly with this possible shocking news.

I sent it in through FB private message to Collier County Sheriff at 5:47..and within minutes 5:52 I received a reply....Not the decedent..Thanks
I gave all the information height, eye, hair, etc and the article/fb page for him
I am not understanding how they can rule it out without doing a little investigating unless they know something we don't...What are they looking for and why won't they share it?

Thanks so much Classito. I was just about to do it myself. Interesting reply and so quick. Maybe they investigated it already?

Doubtful they have ventured past the databases yet....This is what they have done with every potential match I've seen reported so far..respond quickly with a "Not the decedent. Thanks"

There has got to be something more they are looking for that they have not shared..

I sent Karl Busch profile through FB private message to Collier County Sheriff at 5:47..and within minutes 5:52 I received a reply....Not the decedent..Thanks
I gave all the information height, eye, hair, etc and the article/fb page for him
I am not understanding how they can rule it out without doing a little investigating unless they know something we don't...What are they looking for and why won't they share it?

Huh. How could they know that unless they have already looked into him? He is not in any missing person's databases. I still think it's worth someone calling Karl Busch in to the detective in charge of the case. JMO.

Thanks so much Classito. I was just about to do it myself. Interesting reply and so quick. Maybe they investigated it already?

It would be helpful, if you ask the public for help, that LE communicated a rule-out list. Or if there is indeed something specific where they are searching for made public.

Interestingly they have ran a comparison in NamUs on 3 missing persons--2 do not fit the description of what we know and both have tattoos

Valentino Luigi Malloggi
Missing Person Case

Hazel eyes-40 yrs old

Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Piercing
ear piercings.

Scar/mark
Scar on his right wrist. Scar on back of head.

Tattoo
Tattoo of cross on inside right ankle.

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Teeth are broken
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul Glova-17 yrs old
Missing Person Case

Green eyes
Strawberry blonde hair

Tattoo
Skulls on right hand

Interestingly they have ran a comparison in NamUs on 3 missing persons--2 do not fit the description of what we know and both have tattoos

Valentino Luigi Malloggi
Missing Person Case

Hazel eyes-40 yrs old

Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Piercing
ear piercings.

Scar/mark
Scar on his right wrist. Scar on back of head.

Tattoo
Tattoo of cross on inside right ankle.

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Teeth are broken
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul Glova-17 yrs old
Missing Person Case

Green eyes
Strawberry blonde hair

Tattoo
Skulls on right hand

HUH!!!?? Maybe the family insisted on it....strange...I don't understand it. If you look at the recent photo's of Luigi a child can see that there is no match (receding hairline) What are they not telling us? Or better said what is the "game" they are playing?

Glova went missing in June 2018, if they believe the pictures on the trail are the deceased, that would be impossible.

I can "see" Glen Oldfield as a possible match..........they created the file, rule out, to help the family and a distressed girlfriend.

Last edited:
Most likely it doesn't mean anything. Namus will scan for matches based on parameters that LE enters and suggest possibilities, which LE can then check out and verify or reject. So if the guy with the tattoos was suggested, the LE or ME reviewing it can just say nope, not him, and mark it no. It automatically shows up as a ruleout then.

If you register with NamUs you can see the comparisons

So far only 3 have been compared..the two listed above and Glen Oldfield
Missing Person Case

the others were ruled out on the Collier Sheriff fb page as people were posting them they were saying immediately not him

Well, there has to be going on something...it would be wise for them to communicate in the open. Just say....the family is thinking this could be their loved one and we want to help them...nothing wrong with that...

The other two....are that mugshots...or just a "screen" for getting the picture cleaner?

Maybe they did a check in de databases but it was to much work to put everybody in?

While the similarities are there, and it was a good idea to submit just in case, I also don’t believe this most recent match is him. There was a lot about his circumstances that matched though!

Karl’s nose was what bothered me the most. He had a strong straight bridge, almost romenseque, from brow to tip. While the UID had more of a rounded button nose. Also their eyes were similar color with similar creasing but the expression seemed overall, very different.

I wonder how Collier ruled him out so quick though.

Last edited:
While the similarities are there, and it was a good idea to submit just in case, I also don’t believe this most recent match is him. Their was a lot about his circumstances that matched though!

Karl’s nose was what bothered me the most. He had a strong straight bridge, almost romenseque, from brow to tip. While the UID had more of a rounded button nose. Also their eyes were similar color with similar creasing but the expression seemed overall, very different.

Actually I agree with you in some instances...nose is a thing..expression....my face has a thousand expressions, thousand color of eyes...comparing pictures of me you wouldn't even know it was the same person, and if you die it will change again...guts says....hmmmm just not right...I have the feeling that whenever I saw a picture of Mostly Harmless I would know immediately "this is him". But I felt the need to keep on searching and share my uncertainties with my fellow sleuthers....

It almost sounds like an automatic response. Maybe they aren’t taking suggestions via their facebook acount? Or they don’t take suggestions seriously unless they’re made by the family of the missing person or the police department investigating them?

OR there is something that they aren’t telling us. It would be strange if that were the case. Especially because they asked the people for help with identifying him. Why would they ask for help and not give all the information that could possibly identify him? Maybe they found something among his things which allows them to rule people out so quickly? A picture of a child for example?

While the similarities are there, and it was a good idea to submit just in case, I also don’t believe this most recent match is him. There was a lot about his circumstances that matched though!

I agree. The men are not same due to the noses. The structure of the noses are different. I see why it could have been a possible could fit tho!

Actually I agree with you in some instances...nose is a thing..expression....my face has a thousand expressions, thousand color of eyes...comparing pictures of me you wouldn't even know it was the same person, and if you die it will change again...guts says....hmmmm just not right...I have the feeling that whenever I saw a picture of Mostly Harmless I would know immediately "this is him". But I felt the need to keep on searching and share my uncertainties with my fellow sleuthers....
That was an amazing find Bit of Hope, disappointing that your suggestion was a rule out.
The mp suggested seemed to have a German sounding name, maybe "Ben" is also German?
Crazy thought, but wondered if there was any chance the uid was a former Orthodox Jewish man, perhaps explaining why he may not be recognized, or even something about Ben was specifically different from the mp, ie circumcised?
imo, speculation.
Not a missing person, just a story about a man leaving his religious past behind... fwiw, imo, speculation.
I Escaped Hasidic Judaism and Went From Living on the Streets to Being a Hollywood Actor | HuffPost
By Luzer Twersky
n-SPLIT-628x314.jpg

"After leaving the Hasidic world, I spent seven years in various stages of decay. I slept in a tent in Bushwick for several months, lived in a rented Volkswagen Jetta for as long as my credit card limit allowed and crashed with friends. I starved in the harsh street of New York City."

The automatic reply says they can't tell you anything about helicopters and police activities in the area and if an emergency to call 911...Not a canned response..In 6 months they have only eliminated 3 from NamUs...Of those 3-All had scars/tattoos, two did not fit the eye color they gave us of blue/gray

That was an amazing find Bit of Hope, disappointing that your suggestion was a rule out.
The mp suggested seemed to have a German sounding name, maybe "Ben" is also German?
Crazy thought, but wondered if there was any chance the uid was a former Orthodox Jewish man, perhaps explaining why he may not be recognized, or even something about Ben was specifically different from the mp, ie circumcised?
imo, speculation.
/snipped for focus by coffeeandacig

I think you may be on to something dotr. What if this guy, with kindness in his eyes, is a former religious? He may have been a Christian monastic brother or a cloistered Buddhist?

Sorry, I meant today. I've been up late packing and I forgot about being after midnight!

Edit: I just sent a message, with a photo, to the FindKarl FB page. I said that if they thought it was promising, there was more info available.

Did you hear back from them? Please let us know what they say. Thanks.

Some photos showing different views of Mostly Harmless/Denim. I find his nose to be the same shape as Karl's. The difference appears to be because Karl has more weight on his face in the 2012 photos. JMO.

If anything bothers me it is the ears. MH's ears appear attached or semi attached in the profile photo below-- but it is hard to tell and in other photos his facial hair blocks a clear view of the lobe. Karl's ears are detached lobes. And folds of the ears look very different. I still think someone needs to physically call the detective and speak to him about Karl. I don't trust that auto response on facebook on this possible match. JMO.
upload_2018-12-5_15-58-40.png upload_2018-12-5_15-58-59.png
upload_2018-12-5_15-59-54.png
upload_2018-12-5_16-0-30.png
Screen-Shot-2017-11-08-at-8.36.30-AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors