Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry I misunderstood! I thought the person on the right was the missing person from 2002! They do look a lot alike, but I think the nose is different. It is worth reporting. I'm not sure if James Thomas Wiggins has been ruled out.

For what it's worth, I have found that James Wiggins' family is still pretty actively posting about him on their social media profiles. I haven't found a page on WebSleuths yet.

I can't find any better pictures, but recent (October 2018) replies to a Louisiana Missing Persons site can be seen here: James T. Wiggins – Unsolved Disappearance – Louisiana

Last edited:
But James Thomas has quite a few scars, some surgical, and the crowns on his teeth. I had my appendix removed at 9 years of age and at 49 the scar is still there, even detailed enough to show actual suture holes. I still have all of my childhood scars.

That's true but the only scar that denim has is on his abdomen that they listed anyway. They could have just listed what they thought was the only surgical scar. They could have thought he had the others from hiking and his family couldn't know those.

I am sorry I misunderstood! I thought the person on the right was the missing person from 2002! They do look a lot alike, but I think the nose is different. It is worth reporting. I'm not sure if James Thomas Wiggins has been ruled out.
Yes, the nose is different.

Don't want to sound disrepectful, but sorry.... I can't imagine James Thomas Wiggins is Denim/Ben/Mostly Harmless.
He has surgical scars on his right forearm and his abdomen and scars on his left ear, the inside of his left bicep, and the upper left side of his chest. Where MH has a very fainted scar on his abdomen. His hair is curly, where Ben's hair is straight, according to the PM sketch and his height is to far off. I think a 21 year old could grow a little more maybe but not that much. I couldn't find a thread on WS of J.T. Wiggins. Maybe somebody can make one.

Last edited:
I also feel like Denim was older than 38, which is what Mr. Wiggins would be. The similarities are definitely striking though. Could possibly be related.

I'd still go ahead and contact Ruston, LA Police.

5' 2" tall could be a clerical error. Or perhaps the conditions that could've led to stunted growth were removed, and he was able to gain another 5 or 6 inches in height. Not likely, but growth hormone therapy has produced some similar results.

As far as scaring is concerned, there is always the chance that LE is withholding information. Also, those scars may have visibly diminished or even disappeared over the course of 16 years.

Hair can change due to diet and disease. So, whether his hair is curly, straight or wavy isn't that big of a difference. JMHO

I do have a question...
When LE describes "perfect" teeth is this due to him having a great deal of dental care, (bonding, etc.) or due to the lack of gum disease or cavities, prevalent in people around MH's age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l