Deceased/Not Found FL - Brandy Hall, 32, Palm Bay, 17 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just saw this for the third time. It is so obvious. RR and his wife did it.

This case sticks with me the most, because I was a fire fighter for many years. It is also why IMO, RR & his wife did it. I have come across wives of some of the firemen I worked with who were down right psycho. All because I was the only woman working there amongst a bunch of men. It was crazy. So I wonder if RR was pressured or threatened to do something to Brandy because of a very mad wife?! It wouldn't be the first time in history that something like that has happened.

Brandy's family needs peace. She needs to be brought home.

I find it unusual that RR isn't even a person of interest, being that he was the last person to talk to her, his truck was seen in the area her truck was found on the night she went missing, they were having an affair, and his wife knew about it. how on earth could he NOT be a person of interest? I just don't understand that one little bit.

I can't either. The only thing I can figure is he has friends looking out for him. He just oozes creepy.

I agree completely. he does in person, too. I met him at a public event, and I didn't realize who he was until after the fact, but at the time, I felt very put off by him. I'm not really a big fan of "touching" (hand shaking and the like) but usually I suck it up when necessary to avoid being rude. When I met him, I had to wipe my hand off on my pants, right in his face. He was just very vibey unpleasant. it wasn't until after I was home and commenting that he had a creeper vibe that it was pointed out to me who he was. I was annoyed I didn't place his name (I tend to gloss over people in social situations) so I could give him The Eye.

I had never heard of this case until watching Disappeared, but I agree with the last few posts above.

MomofBoys, I was also confused by the show's editing and the comment about her medication. If her medication was not in her backpack, doesn't that point to her having it with her? I couldn't understand why the missing medication would support her being dead.

That said, I think she is deceased and I think Randall and/or his wife are most likely responsible. Randall was/is a fire chief, right? So he probably knows a lot about crime scenes, evidence, and how to cover up a crime.

I like the show, and watch it every day, but I think that they just try too hard to give a little piece of every possibility, and spread themselves too thin.

I think they put the part about the medicine being missing in to highlight the possibility that she DID leave on her own, just like they put in the comments about Brandy having the knowledge to be able to draw her own blood to stage her truck to look like a crime scene. I don't think they meant to imply that the medicine had an implication in her death.

You and I are a lot alike. I can't stand my private space invaded..lol Though I have been known to accidentally trip creepy folks..:)

How far away is Port Richey from there? I have a close friend who is a retired detective from there I might be able to get her to do some digging/etc..

You and I are a lot alike. I can't stand my private space invaded..lol Though I have been known to accidentally trip creepy folks..:)

How far away is Port Richey from there? I have a close friend who is a retired detective from there I might be able to get her to do some digging/etc..

bahaha. whoops! you fell! so sorry. :D

according to google, it is 2 hours and 49 minutes, almost straight across the state.

BY KIMBERLY C. MOORE
and J.D. - http://www.floridatoday.com

MELBOURNE - Her nickname growing up in Holopaw was "Redneck," and to friends, Brandy Hall was always one of the "Bull Creek Girls" -- as comfortable flying down the St. Johns River on an airboat as others might be driving a car on the interstate.

<SNIP>

Was it suicide, murder or did Brandy Hall choose to leave behind her problems?

Whatever the answer, detectives and loved ones are continuing efforts to find her. But now police are saying they are
empty-handed.

"The trail has gone cold," said Palm Bay Police spokeswoman Yvonne Martinez. "It's not only a who-done-it. It's a what happened?"

One telling moment in the case came when Osceola County Sheriff's Deputy Justin Boutilier pulled Hall aside during a July 2005 search of her airboat-building business in Melbourne.

"I asked Brandy if I could talk to her about her involvement in the grow operation," Boutilier wrote in a report. "She stated, 'I don't want to talk to you guys, people will do anything to get even.' "

<SNIP>

By all accounts, Brandy's life began unraveling in July 2005, when her husband -- the former Osceola County fire chief -- and onetime firefighter and partner Paul Hirsch were arrested.

The two were charged with growing marijuana on the Halls' 13-acre Holopaw property.

The sophisticated operation used diesel-fueled generators to power grow lights inside a mobile home and barn for four years.

Investigators said the pair sold about 40 pounds of "Crippy," a particularly potent strain of marijuana, to one buyer every two months, easily clearing a $30,000 profit, investigators said.

The buyer was not named in police documents.

Investigators were tipped off to the operation by an anonymous caller, prompting four deputies to hike through the woods and climb over a fence onto the property without a search warrant.

Nothing could be seen from the air or from any side of the heavily wooded compound.

The deputies were met with the scent of drying marijuana as they neared the Halls' mobile home and barn.

They left and returned with the required search warrant.

Deputies also found $70,000 in equipment, some of which they said was bought through Brandy's airboat business in Melbourne.

"Brandy Hall told me that she knew that her husband was manufacturing cannabis, but she just looked the other way," Deputy Boutilier wrote in a report.

"Jeffrey Hall told Sgt. Devlin that his wife had warned him that he would eventually be caught by law enforcement for manufacturing the cannabis," he wrote

Brandy was arrested several days after her husband and Hirsch, but the charges were dropped this past July 11.

Her mother, Debbie Rogge, said Brandy believed her husband when he told her the mobile home had been rented out, and Brandy never visited the property.

"I asked her and she told me that she would never jeopardize her job or her kids for anything, and I believe her," her mother said.

But the Palm Bay Fire Department didn't believe Brandy and fired the 10-year veteran in December 2005, despite a decade's worth of exemplary performance reviews.

<SNIP>

Investigators say whatever happened to Brandy Hall took place sometime after 10:45 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 17, the night before her husband's sentencing hearing, when she left the Malabar Volunteer Fire Department for the last time.

Brandy broke away from doing inventory and said she needed to travel to Kissimmee the next day for her husband's sentencing, Malabar Volunteer Fire Chief Joe Gianatonio said.

Although she was scheduled to work until the next morning, she said she was going home.

A surveillance video released by the Palm Bay Police Department shows Brandy standing in the fire-house living room, talking with colleagues and looking relaxed before walking out the door and driving away.

The next day, a fisherman found her firefighting gear in a bag bobbing in a hidden pond off Treeland Boulevard.

Police arrived at the pond about 3:30 p.m. and spotted a fuel slick on the water.

The cooler Brandy kept in the back of her truck was floating a few feet away. The soda and beer inside was still cold to the touch, records show.

A police dog sniffed the west side of the pond, but found nothing.

Once Brandy's Chevy pickup was pulled out of the pond, investigators, their shoes crusted with mud and dirt from the pond's embankment, had more to work with, but little to go on.

For 30 hours, detectives refused to release any information on Hall, including her name or photo, saying that this was no ordinary missing person case.

"This entire situation is odd. When you step back and look at it, there are so many things that could have happened to her," Palm Bay Detective Jess Suelter said.

"But until we find Brandy Hall, you don't know," he said.

Suelter added that once detectives learned Brandy's history -- the marijuana operation, her husband's conviction, her numerous platonic relationships with fellow firefighters -- "it did raise suspicions.

"But there are also times when people just get up and leave," Suelter said. "Until you get evidence that there's foul play, it's treated as a missing persons case."

That evidence came when "substantial amounts of blood" found in the cab of the truck were identified by the lab as being Brandy's.

Investigators eventually drained part of the pond to search for clues, but it failed to yield Brandy's body.

During another search, a well-worn cell phone was recovered. But it may not be hers, officials said.

In the first few days, investigators pieced together Brandy's last contacts, even her moods, from friends and family.

Police said Jeffrey Hall was at home with his children the night Brandy disappeared. He has custody of the boy and girl.

"The last thing she told me was that Jeff (messed) up her life," said Stacey Jellison, 30, the youngest of the Bull Creek Girls. "She held a huge grudge about him. It grabbed her job right out from under her."

Detectives subpoenaed bank records, phone transactions, even e-mail records.

So far, nothing has surfaced -- no withdrawals, no phone messages, no hints Brandy is alive.

Her last phone calls were made to two people, including a Palm Bay firefighter investigators say remains one of several "persons of interest" in the case.

"(The firefighter) did speak to her the night she disappeared. We did talk to him, but he has since gotten a lawyer," Suelter said of the unnamed Palm Bay firefighter.

The firefighter's department-issued sport utility vehicle was turned over to forensics investigators. No preliminary connections to Brandy were found.

He has not spoken to FLORIDA TODAY.

~ BBM. I was under the impression that she didn't know about the MJ growing operation, but this certainly states differently. not that it matters one way or the other, since the police have ruled out any link in that direction, I just wanted to add it to the information in the thread.

Thanks, this helps a lot. I'm going to give my friend a call and see what she can do. Her husband is also a retired fire chief so maybe I can get both of them busy.

I think at the very least she is within a 30-40 mile radius. Just a feeling.

I agree. I don't think there was time to take her further, and frankly I don't think the person really thought they needed to make too much of an effort. There are so, so many places around here you could dispose of a person without fear of them ever being found, if no one knew to look in that exact location. Hopefully your friend can help. Thanks for asking them!

I got a msg back from my friend and she said , she would check out the info and do some research. She did tell me she is active on another site for retired LE professionals, so maybe she will check on there also. Sorry I didn't check back in sooner, between class work and following the Heather Elvis case I have lost track of time.

Couple of questions.

Is there anyone who can do a map for us showing the area were she was last seen and where her truck, helmet etc...were found?

I think very much that RR & wife did this. Brandy needs to be found and LE needs to apply pressure to RR and his wife. Brandy needs to be brought home.

I think that they did, as well. I'm back and forth on whether the wife knew about it before or after, but I think she knows NOW. We can only hope that when two people know a secret, one will be overcome and give it up...though hate can be a strong motivator, and the wife apparently had a lot of that.

I'm in the process of making a map...I've never made a map before. my lines are drunk, but hopefully still useful.

I think that they did, as well. I'm back and forth on whether the wife knew about it before or after, but I think she knows NOW. We can only hope that when two people know a secret, one will be overcome and give it up...though hate can be a strong motivator, and the wife apparently had a lot of that.

Personally, One of them did it and the other was either there when it happened or after the fact. Either way I feel they are both guilty.

I would have loved to hear the fight she had with Brandy. Was it on the phone, in person? I think it could be very telling how the wife acted.

Personally, One of them did it and the other was either there when it happened or after the fact. Either way I feel they are both guilty.

I would have loved to hear the fight she had with Brandy. Was it on the phone, in person? I think it could be very telling how the wife acted.

it was in public, at a festival. there were witnesses.

the only thing about the gator thing...it isn't like we have them every 5 feet here. I'm sure if they came upon a body, they would eat it, but that would have to be a BIG gator, to leave nothing behind, not even bones, you know? and typically around here, if a gator reaches a certain size (it is either 5 or 6 feet) it is considered a "nuisance gator" and is removed and relocated, because it is considered a danger to the public.

obviously I'm talking about more public areas, parks, ponds, canals and sanctuaries, or anywhere people report seeing a gator of that size. one that size could be anywhere undetected.

I agree that RR left her in a place where he hoped that gators would dispose of her body, but I think there are still remains to be found.

I read a quote from a detective on another case that said 90% of all homicide victims are found within 5 miles of where they went missing. every time I think about that quote, I think about Brandy. I live within that 5 miles. I hope we can find her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75
Back