Found Safe FL - Braxton, 6, & Bri’ya Williams, 5, seen playing in yard, Jacksonville, 15 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This was one of those cases that I did not believe something nefarious happened. I really thought the chance that they truly were just missing in the woods. That is what I did when I was young and I did it for hours upon hours when it was acceptable to do such back in the 1960s.

I do sincerely hope, and have not seen thankfully, that the parents are not chastised for neglect.

Some people call it free range today, but that is how I grew up. But I don't think the father going inside was even gone long enough to be of a concern , and I believed the father from the beginning.

MOO other folks I know are different as to how children should be supervised 100% when they are outside, but it's perhaps all about how we grew up and what we believe in life to think about how safe it is for our children?

Oh my gosh, just caught up with this wonderful news, I am so relieved!!! I hope they are ok after their big adventure and not harmed in any way!

As dixiegirl said, I believe the parents were innocent on this one and I hope they are not done for neglect or anything. My daughter is a similar age and they can disappear in the blink of an eye. I am very paranoid about watching my daughter all the time but you simply cannot have your eyes on them 24/7. I once lost my daughter for a few minutes in a large play park where they have had a big fort structure where she could go out of sight at times. My heart was in my mouth and felt sick to the stomach with panic! Luckily I found her shortly after, but it can happen so easily!

MOO other folks I know are different as to how children should be supervised 100% when they are outside, but it's perhaps all about how we grew up and what we believe in life to think about how safe it is for our children?
I don’t think it’s all about how we were raised and what we believe. You can believe your child is safe all you want to but that doesn’t make it so. There are far too many cases (easily found here on Websleuths) that prove otherwise.

B & B are very lucky. This could have had a much worse outcome.

I don’t think basic supervision should be considered helicopter parenting.

I didn't see this thread before the happy outcome was announced, so I was happy they were found. They're so adorable, that picture of them made me want to have a child of my own LOL but I have to get my masters degree first, get a job... ugh (just some comic relief from me).

Awesome news. :)

(O/T, which case was it where there was a little boy who also got lost in the woods and said a bear kept him company or safe or something like that? :D Do you guys remember that? The crazy thing was it was a bear prone area too, iirc.)

I do! That was at least one year ago; maybe two.

This was one of those cases that I did not believe something nefarious happened. I really thought the chance that they truly were just missing in the woods. That is what I did when I was young and I did it for hours upon hours when it was acceptable to do such back in the 1960s.

I do sincerely hope, and have not seen thankfully, that the parents are not chastised for neglect.

Some people call it free range today, but that is how I grew up. But I don't think the father going inside was even gone long enough to be of a concern , and I believed the father from the beginning.

I certainly hope they are not chastised either. The dad ran in to get the meat for the barbecue. That's how fast little ones can get lost. And Braxton and his sister are the middle children of seven. They have their hands full. And I truly believe that this was just an accident.
Heard today on the morning show that it was swampy all around them. LE said the water was about two feet high in areas around them. The brush is very dense there also so I guess I'm not surprised that the dogs had difficulty. Also when the searchers heard children's voices, they stopped to listen and one yelled, "Hello." The rescuer said that Braxton's little face popped up and he waved and said "Hi guys!" The rescuer said that they all high-fived and were just jubilant.

When I read that they had been found safe I started to cry, immensely, like ugly cry with snot coming out of my nose.
When I first read that Braxton had (has) Asperger’s/High Functioning Autism I had to take a moment to pause to ask myself if I really wanted to go down this road again like I did with the Joey Peterson case.
As some of you already know I had a terrible time trying to cope with his case. I really have a soft spot for other autistics & I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go down that awful road again. But God being who He is made a way for me to get my mojo back (ty, you know who are) & so I started to read this case. I wasn’t half way through when I looked up & realized the header changed to “found safe”. This is when the ugly cry began.
I love how God can & does take awful situations & works them out for good for those who are called according to His purpose. I believe He not only did this for Braxton & Bri’ya & their parents/family but He ALSO reminded us of His great & mighty power, blessings us by restoring our hope.
Even if we having nothing to be grateful for this holiday season, even if some of us don’t believe in God, we can be a little grateful for this holiday season miracle!

Sorry I can't keep up very well. Lots to do... busy, busy. Lol.

I'm trying to get a sense of the best way to find children who get lost, as in lost in the woods. Can someone please post the following?
1) Where were the kids found?
2) In a shelter or in the open?
3) How far away from home?
4) Any clues to lead searchers there?
5) Did canines aid in the search?
6) Who found them?

Scroll through if you've read this from me before:
The National Association for Search and Rescue has a program called “Hug-a-Tree.” Basically, teach children from a young age to stop and hug a tree (or lamp post or whatever) when they are lost to keep them from wandering aimlessly. Please pass the word!
Hug-a-Tree - NASAR

I certainly hope they are not chastised either. The dad ran in to get the meat for the barbecue. That's how fast little ones can get lost. And Braxton and his sister are the middle children of seven. They have their hands full. And I truly believe that this was just an accident.
Heard today on the morning show that it was swampy all around them. LE said the water was about two feet high in areas around them. The brush is very dense there also so I guess I'm not surprised that the dogs had difficulty. Also when the searchers heard children's voices, they stopped to listen and one yelled, "Hello." The rescuer said that Braxton's little face popped up and he waved and said "Hi guys!" The rescuer said that they all high-fived and were just jubilant.

Can you imagine that the swampy areas could have had pythons etc.....God's grace indeed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back