GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does this witness need a moment when being addressed if something is written in the report to be read?

Granted she disagrees and instead of saying that she says 'that is what she wrote'.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive · 25s
Prosecutors are emphasizing Schenecker's intelligence. “Russian is not an easy language to learn, is it?” Udagawa asks #scheneckertrial

The sound was not back on when the DA asked part of his question about where/when JS said she tried to commit suicide twice.

The witness said she thought it was in the records before the objection from the defense when the State said it wasn't in the hospital records?

Anybody know if JS said this to anyone other than this witness?

Jeff Patterson ‏@WFLAJeff · 2m
We just found out #JulieSchenecker was able to learn Russian in one year and smart enough to skip a grade in elementary school

She didn't want to say that the doc would note if she went to her visit in her jammies. Said only if it were inappropriate.

I had my medical records when changing docs once after a doc moved out of town, I read them and every single visit entry from the doctor described what I was wearing, her opinion of the appropriateness of the dress and my general appearance, without fail.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 · 3m
Pros trying to show #JulieSchenecker is crazy smart and may have outwitted her doc into believing she was insane

she appears to be a stumbling block

Morning Sleuthers! :seeya:

I was out of town this weekend for a well needed break from life. Back now and spent this morning getting caught up on Friday's happenings in the trial.

My observations about Dr. O, is that he was fully invested in working on a successful treatment plan for her, and it's clear that his patient was not compliant.

The comments on the other threads suggesting he's not fit to practice were uncalled for. That's all I say about that.

Based on the witnesses presented by the defense so far, I'm starting to lean toward guilty at this point. This is not looking good for their case at all. :notgood:
The Doctor that is testifying this morning (Didn't catch her name...have been watching Friday's testimony on my computer, while having today's testimony on my tv..so doing double duty to catch up and keep track all the while reading posts on the past three threads :scared:) is hard to listen to and I don't see how she is helping the defense at all. I can't figure out if she is nervous, not feeling well, or if that is just her normal demeanor. Whatever it is, it makes whatever she says not believable.
This jury may feel the same I think.
:twocents:

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 · 2m
Pros trying to show #JulieSchenecker acts normal when she needs to ie: buying gun but can switch 2crazy in a heartbeat

Discuss the Trial and not each other please.

Thank you

Dr. S testimony Cross exam

Windmoor records - under treatment of Dr. Butler - diagnosis opiate dependent continuous. Alcohol dependence. Major depression, recurrent, severe. Drinking 10 drinks per day. Abusing pain pills. Morning drinking, morning shakes, black outs.
Non-psychotic with positive suicidal ideation. Minimized alcohol use. Indicated she was going to drink if she wanted to. In rehab because of husband. Denied suicidal thoughts. When discharged on Nov. 28, she denied suicidal and homicidal ideations. No indication that she was psychotic while at Windmoor. Not considered a risk for suicide during that time.

Met w/ JS at jail. She knew she was in the jail. Assented that JS learned Russian in 1 year, well enough to debrief Russian defectors.

State: isn't it true that there's no documented suicide attempts in the records?

Objection

Dr. S: I don't think so.

Answering yes to cross exam: Primarily in bed for 7 weeks prior to shooting. Not coherent during last weeks. Was able to drive her car. Saw Dr. Obregon in December. Not in her pajamas. During same time period saw Ms. Marsh (therapist) in Dec and on Jan 20. Participated in car pool. Able to concentrate while driving Bruce B Downs during construction period. Doesn't know if she was appropriately taking meds, although she got them filled. Able to drive from Tampa to Oldsmar, dressed appropriately at gun store. Made eye contact. Able to look at guns. Able to load gun.

Defendent said when she went into gun store she had already to kill herself and kill her children. Never told this to Ms. Marsh. Or Dr. Obregon.

Placed daughter in bed and put sheet over her. Put blanket over son. Put notes on door about going to NYC. Said it was so the car pool wouldn't be looking for the kids. Husband coming back the following Tuesday.

Took Lithium and Coumadin after killing children. Didn't really remember time period between buying gun and picking it up.

When she pulled the gun, Beau was upset. She told Beau it was a toy gun.

The prosecutor is getting to the heart of it: Parker would be the first one to find the bodies...

I don't know if I have ever heard of anything so depraved...:facepalm:

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive · 25s
Prosecutors are emphasizing Schenecker's intelligence. “Russian is not an easy language to learn, is it?” Udagawa asks #scheneckertrial

I see now see where the PT were going in that line of questioning, but when he asked this, I was like...."WTH does being able to learn and speak Russian have to do with being insane or not?"

Being mentally ill is not dependent on your IQ?!?!

Dr. S testimony, cross exam

Agreeing to State's questions:

Journal entries: Calyx said JS was ignorant, told mother she hates her, "you're not my Mom" Calyx called mother evil. JS said her daughter bullied her. Told her Dad to divorce her Mom (overheard phone conversation). JS wrote a letter to Calyx when about 14 - hoping for a dialog, but C never responded. CS showed letter to one of her girlfriends, which embarrassed JS. CS speaking to mother as little as possible. JS struck daughter 2 times. JS angry with daughter.

JS worried that Parker wanted to divorce her in the last several years before murders. She believed the email Parker sent to her family was that Parker wanted to divorce her.

I see now see where the PT were going in that line of questioning, but when he asked this, I was like...."WTH does being able to learn and speak Russian have to do with being insane or not?"

Being mentally ill is not dependent on your IQ?!?!

No, but intelligence is a factor in being able to manipulate psychologists and therapists.

It happens.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive · 56s
Julie told Solomon that she'd overheard a phone conv. in which Calyx asked her dad if he would divorce her mom #scheneckertrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required