Found Deceased FL - Carol Tormey, 81, air tags in her car lost signal, has dementia & may be disoriented, Fort Lauderdale, may be in Miramar area, 21 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
3d3429ea14aa37f5d6251c80ae23fae4

A Silver Alert has been issued for Carol Tormey, an 81-year-old woman who went missing on Sunday evening. Carol was last seen around 8 p.m. in Fort Lauderdale.

More at https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article290332919.html

“Two years ago she was diagnosed with dementia, so we have taken her car away from her,” said John Tormey, Carol’s son. “Sunday, my dad took a nap and he woke up and the car was gone and she was gone.”

More at Fort Lauderdale elderly woman with Alzheimer’s, dementia goes missing

The distance is about 25.5 miles.

Google Maps

How can all 3 air tags stop working at the same time? Water? This doesn't sound good.

Her husband said when he woke up around midnight, he noticed Carol was missing and their black Chevy Colorado was gone as well.

The family said the AirTags in her purse and car are no longer working.

“I want everybody looking for her, not just the Fort Lauderdale Police Department,” John Tormey said. “I want the Miccosukee Police Department to be looking for her, I want MDPD to be looking for her.”

According to a CBS News report, Tormey was last seen driving a pickup truck that she had not used in two years.

Information from an air tag in Tormey's vehicle indicated movements from Fort Lauderdale to Deerfield Beach, then to Dania Beach and Miramar, where tracking ceased unexpectedly on Monday morning.

The vehicle associated with her disappearance is a 2018 black Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck with the Florida tag GYN M49.

Carol is believed to have left her Fort Lauderdale home along the 1500 block of South Ocean Lane.

License plate readers show she traveled north on US-1 to Deerfield Beach before turning around and heading back south, where the truck was last spotted near Sheridan Street and A1A, but relatives could still track her.

“We have air tags with her,” said John Tormey. “There is one in her purse, one in her keys and one in the truck, and those were spotted going west on Miramar (Parkway).”

It’s there the Apple air tags could no longer be traced.

“All three were destroyed at the same time, or the signal was lost at 12:44 a.m.,” said John Tormey.

They say information from the air tag in her vehicle shows that she drove around Fort Lauderdale and up to Deerfield Beach and then headed back south to Dania Beach before ending up in Miramar.

As he passed out flyers near S.E. 15th Ave. near the 17th St. Causeway, John Tormey spoke about his mother.

"My dad woke up around midnight Sunday and noticed the car was gone and so her called me and my sister and my sister called me. We tracked her vehicle from Fort Lauderdale to Deerfield Beach to Fort Lauderdale and back down to Dania Beach and Hallandale Beach and then to Miramar at Miramar Parkway and Southwest 172nd Avenue where we lost track off it at 12:44 when the air tags in her keys, vehicle and purse were somehow disabled," he said.

They say information from the air tag in her vehicle shows that she drove around Fort Lauderdale and up to Deerfield Beach and then headed back south to Dania Beach before ending up in Miramar.

As he passed out flyers near S.E. 15th Ave. near the 17th St. Causeway, John Tormey spoke about his mother.

"My dad woke up around midnight Sunday and noticed the car was gone and so her called me and my sister and my sister called me. We tracked her vehicle from Fort Lauderdale to Deerfield Beach to Fort Lauderdale and back down to Dania Beach and Hallandale Beach and then to Miramar at Miramar Parkway and Southwest 172nd Avenue where we lost track off it at 12:44 when the air tags in her keys, vehicle and purse were somehow disabled," he said.

I had to look....

ETA: There's water at the exit she would have taken towards & at her final destination fwiw

ETA2: based on the details of her direction of travel in the quoted post...

Last edited:
If her and the truck are not in the water, they could be in heavy brush. Depending on the speed when she hit dense foliage, it could have damaged & disabled the air tags.

I wonder if the McDonalds camera picked up the truck turning around.

Isn't this the area that the recovery team just five into looking for her?

Isn't this the area that the recovery team just five into looking for her?

Local 10 cameras were there Tuesday night when that group checked a body of water near Interstate 75 southbound near Miramar Parkway.

Sunshine State Sonar, the volunteer company hired by Tormey’s family, says they found a car with human remains inside, however, the remains did not belong to Tormey.

Sunshine State Sonar, the volunteer company hired by Tormey’s family, says they found a car with human remains inside, however, the remains did not belong to Tormey.
The article mentions the car found with the body inside matches descriptions of a vehicle missing with its occupant circa. 2018 in the local area.
Seems they have solved one missing persons case during their search, here’s hoping there’s still a chance Tormey is still out there alive.

he car found submerged in a Miramar canal on Wednesday night is the one that was being sought in the disappearance of an 81-year-old woman with Alzheimer's disease, Miramar police said.

The car's license plate matched that of Carol Tormey's 2018 black Chevy Colorado, police said. She was last seen on July 21 in Fort Lauderdale.

:(

People who wanted to commit insurance fraud would push their vehicles into canals. Then claim it was stolen, collect the money and LE would never find the vehicle. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of these vehicles were reported stolen years ago.
That soothes my soul a bit.

I hope none of them have human remains inside.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back