Silver Alert FL - Carol Tormey, 81, air tags in her car lost signal, has dementia & may be disoriented, Fort Lauderdale, may be in Miramar area, 21 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People who wanted to commit insurance fraud would push their vehicles into canals. Then claim it was stolen, collect the money and LE would never find the vehicle. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of these vehicles were reported stolen years ago.
I wonder if LE would ever go back to track these cars
Prob a waste of their resources to do much

She looks barely 60 in those photos... it's a shame they didn't share/post a more recent one.

I wonder if LE would ever go back to track these cars
Prob a waste of their resources to do much
I don’t think LE would follow up. But I wouldn’t be surprised if an insurance company did. If it was worth prosecuting someone they were confident committed fraud of course.

I don’t think LE would follow up. But I wouldn’t be surprised if an insurance company did. If it was worth prosecuting someone they were confident committed fraud of course.
Curious, though. Even if no human remains were in those cars, they could be connected to missing persons cases so I’d hope they would look into them.

Curious, though. Even if no human remains were in those cars, they could be connected to missing persons cases so I’d hope they would look into them.
Me too. LE will run the tags, make, model I’m sure. If the vehicle is a link they’ll follow up. But I can’t imagine there’s enough resources financially to dig really deep. Particularly if there’s zero connection to anything or no license tag.

Some people bury their vehicles. In Florida, they sink them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back