FL - Chad Oulson, 43, killed in Wesley Chapel theater shooting, 13 Jan 2014 *Former LE arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he hadn't been carrying a gun, would he really say he was in fear for his life because of a bag of popcorn? Too convenient of an excuse, if you ask me. If he was in fear for his life, he should have moved his seat or left. Why is everyone so angry?

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how far the defense gets with the use of a deadly weapon against a bag of popcorn.

Sorry, no disrespect intended but this made me :floorlaugh: .

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how far the defense gets with the use of a deadly weapon against a bag of popcorn.

exactly what i thought when reading about this,popcorn is hardly a deadly weapon.

Sorry, no disrespect intended but this made me :floorlaugh: .

Understood. I was worried my comment might come across snarky when, in all seriousness, if this goes to trial, I am very interested to see how the defense tries to spin this.

So glad I live in a place where there isn't a big gun culture. I mean seriously, if I lived in some of these concealed carry/gun culture places I'd be afraid to say boo to anyone for fear of getting shot. Who imagines that going to the movies you're gonna get shot? Or sitting in a parked car at a convenience store, like that young man who was with his friends (also in Florida).

And we are a loud mouthed people up here in the Boston area lol. We aren't known as mass holes for nothing - I'd hate to see what would happen if lots of people were packing. Highways for one would be pretty much a combat zone. :eek:

So glad I live in a place where there isn't a big gun culture. I mean seriously, if I lived in some of these concealed carry/gun culture places I'd be afraid to say boo to anyone for fear of getting shot. Who imagines that going to the movies you're gonna get shot? Or sitting in a parked car at a convenience store, like that young man who was with his friends (also in Florida).

And we are a loud mouthed people up here in the Boston area lol. We aren't known as mass holes for nothing - I'd hate to see what would happen if lots of people were packing. Highways for one would be pretty much a combat zone. :eek:

My state got CCL last year. In my city of 225,000 we've had a rash of road rage incidents this year featuring guess what???? You got it, guns!!!!! Yay progress…...:bang head:

The defendant left the theater to get a gun from his car?

Does that become first degree murder?

The family needs to sue him for wrongful death. His nice police captain pension should now go to support the family of the man he killed.

This is a deplorable story, and the shooter's son is a police officer. Can't imagine the feeling when he received the call his father killed someone in the movie theater. Wonder if they will also throw in alzheimer's defense? Senseless!

Ciao

New Year's Eve I had to text my daughter at the end of a movie- to let her know it wasn't over yet and we couldn't come get her for another 20 min. Less invasive than a phone call, and I didn't have to miss my movie. Thank Goodness this idiot wasn't around!!

http://tbo.com/news/crime/suspect-in-theater-shooting-goes-before-judge-today-20140114/

Apparently, the defendant has a bit of a history with getting riled up at texting movie-goers (per the article linked).

I don't see this going well for him.

This article states the shooter did speak to the manager so he did not go to car to retrieve the gun,he had it on him the whole time.I suspect this man has rage issues in his past,and I wonder if there is anything in his work file as a police officer.

The defendant left the theater to get a gun from his car?

Does that become first degree murder?

The family needs to sue him for wrongful death. His nice police captain pension should now go to support the family of the man he killed.

No herat I was just speculating that maybe he did not contact manager because a manager did not show up til after shooting,and went to his car for gun.He had gun on him.

"Man charged in Florida movie theater shooting over texting had praiseworthy police career"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/1...r-texting-had-praiseworthy/?intcmp=latestnews

"A Florida sheriff says a retired Tampa police officer's praiseworthy career doesn't offset the severity of the charge that he shot and killed another man after an argument at a movie theater over texting."

"Curtis Reeves, 71, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 43-year-old Chad Oulson on Monday. Reeves was ordered held without bond Tuesday pending another hearing."

"As a police officer for more than two decades until his retirement in 1993, Reeves regularly received outstanding evaluations and numerous letters of commendation for his leadership skills and training he led for other agencies on gun safety and other topics."

"Still, Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said Tuesday: "It didn't matter what he had done previously in his life. You don't shoot someone over a texting incident."

From above link.....

"However, early in his career, one supervisor noted: "Reeves has a tendency to be impatient in regards to legal matters and practices now in force ... and may be abrupt with complainants in some areas of the city."

"In 1968, he was reprimanded for carelessly handling a city weapon."

Prosecutors: This wasn't the first blow-up for Florida theater shooter Curtis Reeves

(CNN) -- A few weeks before a texting dispute turned deadly inside a Florida theater, the suspect Curtis Reeves had another run-in with a moviegoer, prosecutors said.

During Reeves' first court appearance on Tuesday, prosecutors said they have heard from another theater patron who said the 71-year-old former Tampa cop saw her texting and "glared at her the entire time throughout the movie" during a screening about three weeks ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/15/justice/florida-movie-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

From your link n/t.......creepy

"When the woman got up to use the restroom, Reeves followed her and "made her very uncomfortable," prosecutors said."

This man obviously has pet peeves. As we all do. Maybe he should of avoided movie theaters. Movies are suppose to be relaxing and enjoyable. Why keep going if it's just gonna be something that makes you angry. You can't control the people around you. So choose your battles and avoid the situation. If you need to go to the movies then be a man and ignore the texting. While texting during a movie is rude. I would rather that then the ones who decide to carry on an entire conversation while I am trying to watch a movie.

This man obviously has pet peeves. As we all do. Maybe he should of avoided movie theaters. Movies are suppose to be relaxing and enjoyable. Why keep going if it's just gonna be something that makes you angry. You can't control the people around you. So choose your battles and avoid the situation. If you need to go to the movies then be a man and ignore the texting. While texting during a movie is rude. I would rather that then the ones who decide to carry on an entire conversation while I am trying to watch a movie.

I agree...OMG. this story is insane! I almost do wonder if he has some dementia/alzheimers. I have a pet peeve of seeing people texting while driving..but yea..if they are going to do something annoying in the movie theater for me..texting is the least offensive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed
Back