GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure they will reopen that case.
I think these 2 will be in prison for a long time.

I don't think there would be much point in reopening Duane's case. The ME ruled the death natural and there is no means to re-examine the body, as Duane was cremated. Unless KB or JW makes some kind of admission that one of them killed Duane, I think that case is dead in the water.

Details about JW. Interesting. Just as we said, here goes the "he said, she said" and I'm sure it'll get uglier as things progress.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/30339368/details-of-joseph-walshs-past-surface

This is classic though. Man gets arrested for some heinous crime and all the neighbors and his great aunt Pearl come out with comments like "he was such a nice man" or "kept to himself mostly, nothing seemed out of line" or "he struggled, but he was really getting his act together".

For the most part, I think it's that most people just cannot fathom that they actually knew someone who could do something SO horrendous. It doesn't really matter what people say, what will matter is the evidence LE has. Whatever the charges end up being for both KB and JW, I don't think either of them will see the light of freedom for a VERY long time.

I'd say that abusing their mother is a pretty violent thing to do to kids even if he never put a hand on them. But, I suspect, he did. Maybe he didn't kill them, but most abusers don't just stop with their partner -- they abuse their kids, too. (jmo, speculation).

And often the abuse of the children is to make the mother feel worse -- abusing her through the abuse of the children -- but in this case, ahhh, not so much, IMO.

She apparently didn't give a dayam about Chance. I have wondered all along how often she gave him a bottle -- I think that sweet -- not even up to ten pounds -- soul was starving to death, day by day. His crying probably got weaker each day. It takes energy to give a good loud cry -- and in my head, without ever hearing something like that, I can hear what I think it would sound like.... just little sounds... OMG

I agree. I think it's just as likely KB killed him as it is that JW killed him. At this point JW is being the proactive one, seeking discovery, which means he really wants to know what KB said in her statements to police. Friends and family warned JW repeatedly that KB was bad news and to stay away from her, but he just couldn't. KBs story is full of finger pointing at him - HE beat the baby, HE stuffed the baby in garbage bags and put him in the closet - HE dug the grave and buried the body. I think KB is in major CYA mode and JW is in for a shock when he sees the discovery documents. He's also already demanding a jury trial. KB has not requested discovery or a trial because I think she sincerely thinks there will be no trial - not for her, anyway. I think KB actually believes that her story of JW being the sole culprit is going to get her off with nothing more than accessory after the fact.

But it's already looking like JW is going to fight back, and fight back like hell.

Personally, I think they were both involved (speculation and opinion only). I think they both had a hand and a fist in it. I think she may be more responsible for whatever was done with the baby wipe -- muffling his cries, maybe? Even if only one got in the final blow, they were both morally responsible for his death and probably legally responsible (not a lawyer -- speculation only).

I don't think there would be much point in reopening Duane's case. The ME ruled the death natural and there is no means to re-examine the body, as Duane was cremated. Unless KB or JW makes some kind of admission that one of them killed Duane, I think that case is dead in the water.

In one of the MSM I read (cannot recall which one now) LE did make a statement about re-opening Duane's case. The way it was worded was it all hinges on the ME's report on Chance, if they're going to see cause to re-visit Duane's case. Although, since he was cremated I'm not sure what they'd have as far as physical evidence goes.

I wonder what the ME will find and when we will know.

I know it really hasn't been very long, but it feels like an eternity.

"A little more than a year later, Chance Walsh was born in July.

"The baby was born. And I hadn't heard from them in months. And then the next time I heard from them was on October 3rd," said Kallas.

then from the man that hadn't seen them in months

Kallas also shared that he wishes he would have done more to get involved.

"The conditions of the home with a baby in it. I was gonna call DCF and I didn't. Maybe I'm sorry now that I didn't. They had a lot of dogs running around. It just seemed to my standards to be unfit.

Which baby is he talking about? If he hadn't seen KW and JW in months until October 3rd how would he know the condition of the house?

Or maybe he was aware of the conditions of the house before the baby was born? I didn't think that they had dogs anymore? So maybe Duane? Or maybe just in general, he thought the house/conditions/etc wasn't healthy for a baby. Such a shame.

thing is....

His kids all survived till he met her and the children she had with him are dead.
I have not seen any violence yet to his children.
I cant wait to hear what happened here She scares me.

I'm sure he is very guilty but I'm wondering if KB Killed the baby.

She is scary. No lie. I can't find the link to see the Florida cases/arrest history (where you put in their names and do a search). Does anyone have that handy? I keep looking through the old thread, but I always run out of time before I find it! TIA

I wonder if Duane got a kidney infection from neglect, and they just got "lucky" that he had it at the time when he died. When my daughter was a toddler, she put toys in her pullup for safekeeping (like on Rugrats, lol). It drove me nuts! But, from having toys floating around in her pullup (and all the outside germies they had), she got urinary tract infections a few times. I know kids can get UTIs without neglect (or toys in their pullups), but I wonder if Duane's living conditions and care (lack of care) created the perfect storm for him to end up with this kidney infection that just happened to coincide with the actual unnoticed cause of death. ?? Just speculation.

I wonder if Duane got a kidney infection from neglect, and they just got "lucky" that he had it at the time when he died. When my daughter was a toddler, she put toys in her pullup for safekeeping (like on Rugrats, lol). It drove me nuts! But, from having toys floating around in her pullup (and all the outside germies they had), she got urinary tract infections a few times. I know kids can get UTIs without neglect (or toys in their pullups), but I wonder if Duane's living conditions and care (lack of care) created the perfect storm for him to end up with this kidney infection that just happened to coincide with the actual unnoticed cause of death. ?? Just speculation.

That was my guess. They had him circumcised. They didn't care for it at all, so it got infected. Hense, her mentioning botched circumcision. The infection traveled up into the kidneys.

And you will wonder for the rest of your life if you could have done something to save this innocent, beautiful little boy. SMH. Big, big regrets and disappointment in yourself. SMH.

How could anyone have known it would get this bad? I think so many people could have stepped in and one more, but I don't think anyone ever thinks "If I don't do something they're going to torture, abuse, and beat that baby to death."

IMO I think he got the infection from her not cleaning him after he was circumcised.
Can u get this kind of infection from that?

That was my guess. They had him circumcised. They didn't care for it at all, so it got infected. Hense, her mentioning botched circumcision. The infection traveled up into the kidneys.

I wonder why the doctor didn't circumcise Duane in the hospital. She called it a 'blotched circumcision'..........2 weeks old, did she do it herself? Sure would like to know more about little Duane, like his weight etc. IMO, now his case (Xrays? Lab etc) should be looked at. Maybe ME took photos on file...........hope so.

IMO I think he got the infection from her not cleaning him after he was circumcised.
Can u get this kind of infection from that?

You can absolutely get a very serious infection from a circumcision. I have four boys. All four were circumcised. You get very specific instructions for care.

Not sure if a kidney infection is related.

ETA: just thinking about the kidney infection and OF COURSE it is related. If the baby is not cared for. Not changed regularly. Not clean. He can develop a UTI which can lead to kidney infection.

I wonder why the doctor didn't circumcise Duane in the hospital. She called it a 'blotched circumcision'..........2 weeks old, did she do it herself? Sure would like to know more about little Duane, like his weight etc. IMO, now his case (Xrays? Lab etc) should be looked at. Maybe ME took photos on file...........hope so.
There's this statement:

"The Medical Examiner ruled Duane's death natural and attributed it to a kidney infection. Despite the autopsy that showed the child had deformed ribs, the ME noted it did not appear to be trauma related."

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/34173792-story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members