GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been posted but all I can say is good for this woman, she had more restraint then I would have:

SNIPPED..................................

At his arraignment Wednesday afternoon, Desa King, a habitual traffic offender leaving the courtroom after appearing on a hit-and-run charge, spit in Smith's face as he sat waiting for his case to be called.

The other inmates in the courtroom gasped, but Smith had almost no reaction.

Judge Emmett Ferguson, who missed it, asked a police officer what happened, then addressed King.

"Let the system take care of him," Ferguson said. "I know everyone in this courtroom has feelings about it. You'll get yourselves in trouble."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/donald...attery/-/475880/20825298/-/vhklc/-/index.html

I am starting to wonder how planned this was. If he buried her that meant he had a shovel, but then if he was still at burial sight after sun up it truly makes me wonder.
To me the cause of death, is this normal for a planned murder or just an afterthought. (Sorry).

Good call re: the shovel! It got my wheels turning:

I've read so many articles about this case I can't remember which one said that she was, in fact, buried and even after they had the tip about where the van was spotted, they still had a hard time locating Cherish's body at the scene. That to me says she wasn't just under a few twigs. So there had to be a shovel.
-Now, RP said that seats were removed from the van. As I speculated in the first few days of this case, this van could very well have been a work van, which wouldn't make the missing second row of seats unusual. However, she also said it had carpet. Now, does that mean that it was "carpeted" or "had a rolled up carpet" in the back? My point is, if it was "carpeted" it's not a work van, the seats should have been there, and a shovel clanging around in the back should have been noticeable when RP dumped her 3 little girls on the floor of that van in the back, and that sounds to me where the "premeditation" could have come in.
-We know now that DS isn't a carpenter, so if RP meant he was driving around with a rolled-up carpet in the back, what was he going to do with that carpet? Maybe that proves the premeditation?
-If there was no shovel in the van on the way to Wamart, he had to have returned home to get the shovel after he killed her, so he may have dumped the stroller at home when picking the shovel up?

Just brainstorming

Good call re: the shovel! It got my wheels turning:

I've read so many articles about this case I can't remember which one said that she was, in fact, buried and even after they had the tip about where the van was spotted, they still had a hard time locating Cherish's body at the scene. That to me says she wasn't just under a few twigs. So there had to be a shovel.
-Now, RP said that seats were removed from the van. As I speculated in the first few days of this case, this van could very well have been a work van, which wouldn't make the missing second row of seats unusual. However, she also said it had carpet. Now, does that mean that it was "carpeted" or "had a rolled up carpet" in the back? My point is, if it was "carpeted" it's not a work van, the seats should have been there, and a shovel clanging around in the back should have been noticeable when RP dumped her 3 little girls on the floor of that van in the back, and that sounds to me where the "premeditation" could have come in.
-We know now that DS isn't a carpenter, so if RP meant he was driving around with a rolled-up carpet in the back, what was he going to do with that carpet? Maybe that proves the premeditation?
-If there was no shovel in the van on the way to Wamart, he had to have returned home to get the shovel after he killed her, so he may have dumped the stroller at home when picking the shovel up?

Just brainstorming
He could've had the shovel under the laid out carpet, especially if here was other work" clutter" back there a lump wouldn't necessarily be noticeable. But, he had been out only 3 weeks and I haven't heard any evidence that he actually had been working. It would make sense for seats to be removed for a painter, especially a painter that is self employed and buys 5 gallon buckets of paint and transports to site along with rollers, lights, drop cloths. But would he have carpet in said work van,MOO, no. I once ran into a painter at Home Depot that had just dumped an entire 5 gallon in the back of his truck after someone cut him off.
MOO, he hadn't been working yet, he removed those seats for other reasons. The question is when, and where. Personally, I think with his history of peeping/lurking and masturbating in public places makes me think he probably used that area for things he didn't do around his 80+ yr old mother. Probably removed for a time before this incident. I am just brainstorming here. Wonder if they found seats on premises.
I just keep going back to thinking this was started as his cat and mouse game (I think he likes the chase) but when the opportunity came up, he took it- against everything that told him him he would get caught.
What scares me is that these animals, they can't bury that urge, no matter how detrimental it will be to them.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...s-mom-speaks-on-key-facts-in-daughters-murder

This info came from RP's interview. LE may not have wanted the public to know.

Well, we know that LE didn't want the cause of death released either, but Rayne and her agenda had an open casket and an open public gawking at her murdered daughter's body. I knew about five days ago that it was her neck, and I'm 1,000 miles away. Maybe LE isn't telling Rayne much and she's just gonna say whatever she feels like saying that may stifle the case against ones that are charged now or may be in the future.

Just my opinion.

This may have been posted but all I can say is good for this woman, she had more restraint then I would have:

SNIPPED..................................

At his arraignment Wednesday afternoon, Desa King, a habitual traffic offender leaving the courtroom after appearing on a hit-and-run charge, spit in Smith's face as he sat waiting for his case to be called.

The other inmates in the courtroom gasped, but Smith had almost no reaction.

Judge Emmett Ferguson, who missed it, asked a police officer what happened, then addressed King.

"Let the system take care of him," Ferguson said. "I know everyone in this courtroom has feelings about it. You'll get yourselves in trouble."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/donald...attery/-/475880/20825298/-/vhklc/-/index.html

Well, she has also been charged with child abuse, drug offenses, and hit and run. I don't want to say good for her, because she's a loser herself. Not exactly an example of class or competence, you know?

Well, she has also been charged with child abuse, drug offenses, and hit and run. I don't want to say good for her, because she's a loser herself. Not exactly an example of class or competence, you know?

Good for her for spitting on him was my point, not that she is neighbor of the year. At least she had nads enough to do what everyone sitting in that room wanted to do or worse..... imhoo

So I've been reading a lot about this case, both here and at other sources. Most of the comments, it seems, are about the mom, which is surprising to me in a way, as what happened to Cherish is clearly the fault of a very, very bad man. And I've been trying to decide how I feel about what I know about her, which really isn't much, but this old adage comes to mind, "There is no law against stupidity." What if she simply didn't know any better? I'm not implying she's stupid, because I really have no way to know, but what if she is? What if she honestly just didn't have the mental acuity to suss out the danger she and her children were in?

Shouldn't our anger rather be directed at the man who did this?

So I've been reading a lot about this case, both here and at other sources. Most of the comments, it seems, are about the mom, which is surprising to me in a way, as what happened to Cherish is clearly the fault of a very, very bad man. And I've been trying to decide how I feel about what I know about her, which really isn't much, but this old adage comes to mind, "There is no law against stupidity." What if she simply didn't know any better? I'm not implying she's stupid, because I really have no way to know, but what if she is? What if she honestly just didn't have the mental acuity to suss out the danger she and her children were in?

I'm angry at both of them. Donald Smith acted exactly like you expect a sexual predator to act. He saw an opportunity and went for it. I think most people are upset with RP because she didn't act like we expect a mother to act. Cherish's rape and murder was preventable, IMO. However, I do think if not Cherish Perrywinkle on the top of this thread it would have been another child eventually. Donald Smith has shown that be will not stop trying to get a child with his lengthy criminal record.

Ive pondered this. In my mind, it all comes down to her initially sayingCP followed him for a cheeseburger... a day later she says, err, no, i didnt, its not like people are saying... i didbt know she went!... days later she claims she told CP she/rp/ wanted a cheeseburger... must have forgotten her earlier denial?! if she honestly didnt perceive danger i do.t think she would ave diffrrent stories, ya know? i have plenty of anger for the sick perv, but he did what sick petvs do. . she did NOT do what moms do... protect her young to her dying breath...

excuuuse typos, I'm on my phone

I'm angry at both of them. Donald Smith acted exactly like you expect a sexual predator to act. He saw an opportunity and went for it. I think most people are upset with RP because she didn't act like we expect a mother to act. Cherish's rape and murder was preventable, IMO. However, I do think if not Cherish Perrywinkle on the top of this thread it would have been another child eventually. Donald Smith has shown that be will not stop trying to get a child with his lengthy criminal record.

great minds think alike :seeya:

Ive pondered this. In my mind, it all comes down to her initially sayingCP followed him for a cheeseburger... a day later she says, err, no, i didnt, its not like people are saying... i didbt know she went!... days later she claims she told CP she/rp/ wanted a cheeseburger... must have forgotten her earlier denial?! if she honestly didnt perceive danger i do.t think she would ave diffrrent stories, ya know? i have plenty of anger for the sick perv, but he did what sick petvs do. . she did NOT do what moms do... protect her young to her dying breath...

excuuuse typos, I'm on my phone

I hear what you're saying, but that could also be evidence of her being none too smart, couldn't it? She can't even craft a sophisticated story and follow it? Again, I've got no evidence about her intellectual abilities. Just pondering, and trying to make sense of her actions.

I've got plenty of anger for DS, the system that let him out over and over, and for her.
Somewhere earlier in the thread, I remember stating that he is evil. We know this just from his past crimes. And we expect evil acts from evil people. She was Cherish's mother. We expect all parents to do anything and everything to protect their children. She not only didn't protect Cherish, it seems she put her in directly in the path of pure evil for several hours that night, along with her 2 younger children.
If she isn't "all there", I would be more forgiving. But she has stated several times that DS gave her the creeps. But she still climbed into that van, put her 3 children in there, noticed the back seats were missing, let him take Cherish to the dressing room twice, noticed that he wanted to buy Cherish high-heels, and after all of that, she (I believe) let Cherish walk off with him to McD's after telling them she wanted a cheeseburger.
All for $100 worth of stuff.

:moo:

She does have two small children, and now Cherish's child support is gone (appears that was a large part of this family's support). Does either she or her boyfriend have jobs? How are they going to support these two children, and what is CPS doing?

Please don't bring the facebook discussion here. This is not the place for it.

Thanks,

Salem

I've been following this case as its in my own backyard, but the similarities to Somer's murder have made it hard to post. Reading all the articles, seeing the way the mother is being crucified make me ill. Yes, she made terrible choices that resulted in her daughters death, but please don't forget she is also a victim of this monster.

I joined websleuths because i want to be able to help give people peace of mind about their loved ones, some who have been missing for years. Where has compassion & empathy gone? We dont have to agree with others behaviours. Its not for us to crucify others clearly poor decisions that they have to face alone for the rest of their lives long after we move onto the next case. We have the opportunity here to help change rules for CPS visits, state/federal laws etc by all joining together in a common goal. We all want to protect people from predators and sadly sometimes themselves thats why we are here. My question is this....what can we all do moving forward to give a voice to Cherish into the future & possibly help prevent something like this happening again?

R.I.P Cherish xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members