FL FL - Citrus Co., WhtFem UP7272, 21-35, buried, metal wedding 18 karat gold, Feb'81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP 7272

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7272

Unidentified White Female

Found February 3
, 1981 in Citrus County, FL
Body Condition:
Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Probable year of death: to
Estimated postmortem interval: years

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 21-35
Approximate Height: 63 estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate.
Hair Color: None

Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: Right vertebral area of C1 shows spina bifida
Clothing & Accessories

Clothing:
No clothing found with body

Jewerly:
One thin, metal wedding type-band with 10 diamond chips- size "6" (marked 18 karat gold) ; One corroded ring around size "6"
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints:
Fingerprint information is currently not available
Dentals:
Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA:
Sample submitted - Tests complete

Case History:
Buried, fragmented skeletal remains in a construction site, not related to a cemetary. Bones were uncovered while dredging for a house foundation.

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/7272?nav
No recon or further updates. One does wonder, if a person with a (presumed) wedding band goes missing, surely there's a spouse out there wondering where she went?

Yes, one does wonder. Though I've known women working in bars, restaurants, and exotic entertainment who wear presumed wedding rings just to cut down on the amount of crap they have to deal with.

Citrus County is on Florida's west coast, north of Tampa and not really near anything. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

So I looked in Namus for women missing in that part of Florida long enough to have become skeletal by 1981. I went back to 1971. I was pretty loose with the age because dating old bones is so problematic to begin with.

Most likely: Patricia Action, The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) *was going through divorce, blood-spattered car found in Tarpon Springs about an hour away from where body was found. She lived in the Clearwater area so if somebody drove to Citrus County to bury the body, Tarpon Springs would have been on a plausible route back.

Sharon Harrer, The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Suzanne Schultz, The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Leanne Huffman, The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Kay Folk-Hine The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Older than the estimate but was wearing a wedding ring when she disappeared

Delores Stanton The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

JoAnn Benner The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Yes, one does wonder. Though I've known women working in bars, restaurants, and exotic entertainment who wear presumed wedding rings just to cut down on the amount of crap they have to deal with.

True, but a ring with 10 diamonds (albeit chips) seems like it would be overkill in that situation; may even be dangerous if customers assume one has money.

Could've been the spouse's doing, unfortunately

Seems likely, doesn't it?

Patricia does look a good match @carbuff

Patricia is a white/Caucasian missing since 1978 - UID white/Caucasian found 1981 and PMI of 'years'
Patricia was 5'4" and 25 years old - UID est 5'4" 21-35yo (incomplete/fragmented skeleton found)
PA married (going through a divorce) - UID wearing a ring thought to be a wedding band; 18k gold with 10 diamond chips.

ugh, i hate that. they could at least update the rule-outs.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're probably still checking it out. I only sent it in around Christmas, and LE tends to move at a glacial pace at the best of times.

I wonder if when they say diamond chips they just mean it was a pavé setting? If so, it could have been an engagement ring and the wedding ring was either missing or hadn't been given yet. 18k is nice. I usually think of cheaper gold rings as being 10k.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back