FL FL - Collier Co., WhtFem UP#1277, 16-22, Dismembered & "Drug" Carved in Back, Jun'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Migmuu

Reaction score
UP#1277 / HC819

DEMOGRAPHICS
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5'0 (DoeNetwork), 5'3 (NamUs)
Weight: 120 pounds (DoeNetwork), N/A (NamUs)
Postmortem Interval: 2 days to 2 weeks

CIRCUMSTANCES
Found: June 13, 1982
Located in canal 200 feet east of the 37-mile marker Alligator Alley rest area. Her head, arms, legs, and breasts were removed; there was a stab wound in her abdomen; and the word "drug" had been carved into her back with a knife. It is believed she was killed and mutilated in a separate location before being dumped in the canal. Land & air searches failed to turn up further body parts or personal items.

PHYSICAL/MEDICAL
Pulmonary emphysema.
Spina bifida occulta found in her sacrum.

CLOTHING/ACCESSORIES
N/A

IDENTIFIERS
Dentals: N/A
Fingerprints: N/A
DNA: Tests complete - Insufficient DNA for profiling

Ft. Myers News-Press 7/15/82

Ft. Myers News-Press 7/16/82

Note that it puts her age as being between 20 and 30 years old, although they were planning on seeking a more precise age range.

Interesting that she had pulmonary emphysema. Isn't that super rare for someone so young?

I'm currently looking through NamUs to see if other parts of her have been found but not yet linked to this crime.

Appears to of had medical issues. First thing that popped in my head is anger.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

A quick search on NAMUS found these two women:

Andrea Allen, 23, missing from Palm Beach County, 5'0", 105-115 lbs.
She disappeared on May 24, 1982 which is about three weeks before the torso was found.

Deborah Green, 20, also missing from Palm Beach County, 5'9" (I doubt they would be off 9 inches, but if it would happen I would imagine it would occur in a case with no head and missing legs), 120 lbs.
She disappeared on May 30th, 1982 which is a more reasonable time frame based on the 2 day to 2 week time frame of death given by authorities.

A quick search on NAMUS found these two women:

Andrea Allen, 23, missing from Palm Beach County, 5'0", 105-115 lbs.
She disappeared on May 24, 1982 which is about three weeks before the torso was found.

Deborah Green, 20, also missing from Palm Beach County, 5'9" (I doubt they would be off 9 inches, but if it would happen I would imagine it would occur in a case with no head and missing legs), 120 lbs.
She disappeared on May 30th, 1982 which is a more reasonable time frame based on the 2 day to 2 week time frame of death given by authorities.
Submit them please

Her DoeNetwork page:

1434UFFL

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Date of Discovery: June 13, 1982
Location of Discovery: Collier County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 2 days to 2 weeks prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 16-22 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'0" to 5'6"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Pulmonary emphysema. Spina bifida occulta in the sacrum.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Insufficient DNA for profiling.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None.
Jewelry: None.
Additional Personal Items: None.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's torso was located floating in a canal, 200 yards east of the 37 mile marker rest area of Alligator Alley, about 37 miles east of Naples.

The head, legs, arms and breasts had been removed, and the word "drug" was carved into the back. Law enforcement officials said they thought the torso had been dumped in the canal after the woman had been murdered in another location.

An extensive ground and air search was conducted for several miles in all directions from the scene where the victim was located, with negative results.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: District 20 Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Dr. Marta Coburn
Agency Phone Number: 239-434-5020
Agency E-Mail: naplesme(at)d20me.net
Agency Case Number: 1982-00113

Agency Name: Collier County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Kim Cherney
Agency Phone Number: 239-252-0050 or 239-793-9300
Agency E-Mail: kim.cherney(at)colliersheriff.org or homicide(at)colliersheriff.org
Agency Case Number: 82-25602

Agency Name: SW FL Crime Stoppers
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 1-800-780-TIPS (1-800-780-8477)
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 1277
Former Hot Case Number: 819

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Collier County Sheriff
FLUIDDB

Just had a thought while reading this. I wonder if this woman had a drug overdose in the company of someone who got upset that she did and that is why she got the word Drug carved into her.. and then did not know what to do with her so dimembered her in order not to be identified. Maybe she had breast implants and maybe she had tattoos on the missing limbs. Anyway just some thoughts

Just had a thought while reading this. I wonder if this woman had a drug overdose in the company of someone who got upset that she did and that is why she got the word Drug carved into her.. and then did not know what to do with her so dimembered her in order not to be identified. Maybe she had breast implants and maybe she had tattoos on the missing limbs. Anyway just some thoughts

I think it’s much more likely that she was murdered because she was involved in the drug trade and pissed off the wrong people. Maybe a drug mule, or someone suspected that she was going to snitch on them.

The early 80s was an extremely bloody time in Miami, mainly due to the drug trade/drug war. There were 621 murders in 1981 *alone*. They literally had so many bodies coming in that they had to rent freezer trucks because the morgues didn’t have enough space for all of them. There were multiple cartels operating in the area and I would not be shocked to hear that she was killed by one.

Both of these diseases have a genetic beginning from what I’ve read. I’m curious to know if this lady had siblings with the same diseases. Particularly the pulmonary emphysema. It would definitely cause obvious symptoms like shortness of breath or asthma. The spina bifida occulta isn’t always obvious.

Pulmonary emphysema.
Spina bifida occulta found in her sacrum.

The removal of the breasts goes beyond dismemberment. It reeks of anger, control and makes me wonder if she had a pimp. If she refused to comply and he used her as a drug mule of some sort, that could explain the body carving too.

"Police Seek Identity: Body Found in Canal along Alligator Alley," Naples Daily News, 15 June 1982, 3A.
Police Seek Identity_.jpg
A fisherman discovered the body and drove to the sheriff's station in East Naples to file a report. Investigators from the East Naples and Immokalee sheriff's substations borrowed a boat and retrieved the body. The sheriff's department did not release information on the discovery until late Monday afternoon.

It appears the body was transported to the Alligator Alley location and tossed in the canal, according to a sheriff's press release. Preliminary investigation by Collier County Medical Examiner Dr. Heinrich Schmid indicates the body had been in the canal from two days to two weeks.

The dead woman is believed to be between 20 and 30 years of age. Legs and arms were severed. The exact cause of death has not yet been determined, but one stab wound was found in the body.

Steve Kaskovich, "Authorities seek missing parts of body found in Collier canal," News-Press [Fort Myers, FL], 16 June 1982, 2B.
Authorities seek missing parts of body found in Collier canal_.jpg
Only the torso of the body was found. Arms, legs, breasts and the head were severed, officials said, and the word "drug" had been carved into the victim's back.

Sheriff's Deputy Chief E.G. "Chuck" Whidden said lawmen had conducted a land and air search of the area surrounding the canal where the torso was found, but had found nothing else by Tuesday evening. Sheriff's divers searched the canal Tuesday afternoon but found nothing.

"All I can say is that the search will be extended," Whidden said.

[...]

Schmid said she had been stabbed once in the abdomen, but that the wound and the scrapes on her back were inflicted after she was killed.

Chuck Curry, "Missing Person Tales Sifted for Body ID," Naples Daily News, 31 June 1982, 3A.
Missing Person Tales Sifted for Body ID_.jpg
Schmid said the dismemberment of the body was apparently done with a razon [sic]-sharp knife of unknown size. He added the knife used could have been as small as a pocket-sized blade.

One theory Schmid presented is that the woman was cut up for the "ease of getting rid of the body."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back