FL - Collin Griffith, 17, stabs mother to death 1 year after fatally shooting father - Sep. 11, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score
Murdering both parents is just so extreme that I wonder what he was like as a child and preteen and what kinds of evaluations and diagnoses he received over the years.

Did his mother and grandmother believe he was innocent of murdering his father, or did they live in fear of him?

Had Oklahoma LE placed him behind bars a year ago, this gorgeous woman would be alive today.
I hope that LE will resume the investigation into the murder of his father as well.
Poor mom.
Ugh.
She bailed him out.
Misplaced loyalty ?
Or did she question if the murder of the father was self-defense ?
We'll most likely never know now.
Awful awful awful......
This is one of those cases where I believe there may be no chance of rehabilitation.
This perp is evil (imo) to the core and will never be safe to be out amongst the rest of us !!
Omo.

Last edited:
Other posts appear to show the mom-and-son as a picture-perfect family, enjoying cruise vacations and trips to Disney and Universal Studios.

While in May, she gifted the teen a brand new $26,000 2024 VW Jetta as an early graduation present.

He told deputies he would 'kill my mother' rather than be reunited with her but they handed him to Florida's Department for Children and Families who returned him to the home in Charlotte County, a year to the day after his father's death.

Can't say she didn't appear to be trying to be good to her son.
A case of nature over nurture.
Omo.

Last edited:
Oh my. I have no words.

I hope he never sees the light of day again.

Patricide/Matricide.

Wow!

Witnesses told detectives that Collin and his mother were shouting at each other outside the residence when they saw the boy grab his mother by the hair and drag her inside as she repeatedly pleaded, “Let me go.”
“He opens up the door and there’s a few arguments.
Don’t know exactly what the words were because I was sitting on my front porch.
Next thing I know, he grabs her and pulls her inside the house,” Nancy K. Jones, who lives across the street, told WFLA. “He just grabbed her — looked like he grabbed her by the hair.”
Griffith was a recent graduate of The Academy, an alternative high school located in Port Charlotte.

Specialized schooling, possibly meds, who knows what else the now-deceased parents had tried ?

Some people are beyond help.
Was this recent or had he been troubled for years ?
Was he on any anti-psychotics or anti-depressants ?

Was he a sociopath or a psychopath ?

From the link :

"The defendant stated he had been cornered in the bedroom by his father where he picked up a gun and shot Charles twice."
Investigators soon questioned Griffth's version of events after arriving at the scene and probing the matter, but attempts to interview the then-15-year-old
proved fruitless after he continually invoked his Fifth Amendment right to counsel."

Rbm.

Already law-savvy and stone-cold.
Some kids at 15 years old would not know this.
Imo.
In the article the perp claimed that the dad had pulled a knife and chased him through the house.
Only two people know the truth about this and one of them is dead.
This was after the parents had separated/divorced and the dad lived in OK.

The shooting death of the perp's father needs to be re-examined; imo !
Omo.

Last edited:
A 2023 affidavit obtained from a Lincoln County, Oklahoma news outlet shows that when the boy was 15 years old, he shot and killed his father, Charles Robert Griffith during an altercation at a home on Valentine’s Day, claiming self-defense. A special agent said the teen shot his dad once in the chest, and once in the head.
On Feb. 14, 2024, a year after killing his dad, the teen was reunited with his mom through the Department of Children and Families in Florida. Officials said that’s when he threatened his mom, saying he’d kill her, making this the second verbal threat against her before killing her over the weekend.

“A violent predator— he has now killed both his father and his mother,”

Shot his dad twice.
Smh.
Said he'd kill his own mom and he wasn't removed ?
My .02 is that DCFS has some 'splainin' to do.

Not ruling out that the mom may have thought he'd changed, and said he could stay at home.
Seemed like she fought for him and tried to get him help.
Just so cold and chilling.

From the above link, it sounds like he'd had an appointment or ongoing interaction with a probation officer ?

Wishing they could lock CG up until he passes away; but as he's 17 that may not be possible ?
I cannot imagine anyone being safe around him, ever.
Omo.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanDortmunder