FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. I was replying to a post that some posts suggest the father is lying.

I haven't read anything like "I think he is making up the fact that his son was speaking to him in his final moments" on here. Maybe it was deleted or edited.

Perhaps people mistook my posts as questioning the father's veracity. I don't. I posted about the sheriff saying Brandon was alive when his father arrived. He implied Brandon may provided information significant to the investigation to his father. The sheriff seemed to choose his words carefully. Therefore the ambiguity seemed intentional to me, part of an investigative strategy rather than an established fact.

BBM This is something LE does as an investigative strategy; part of putting the killer or killers on notice. JMO.

So i don't fish... Here in Colorado it seems that people go early in AM or in the earlier evening. Is fishing at night common?

Way back last century in Australia, my Dad and his best friend would sometimes go fishing together at night - being hardworking neighbouring farmers, they didn't have time during the day anyway. They would drive on various tracks to one of the nearest beaches a few miles away, to walk on reefs holding lanterns and spears, and nabbing fish who hadn't yet been washed out by the receding tide. So the timing was seldom the same, as it depended on the tides. They might head off anytime between about 10pm and 3am. - but catfish were safe, don't taste good!

Last edited:
That’s my thought too-selfishly as a parent I would have picked up my kid and put him in the car and headed out to the nearest place I thought I could get him help, and told police/medics about the others as soon as I got there.

But his son may have been twice his size, and also the dad may have thought that any movement might be immediately fatal.

Oh man this is so sad, what a heartbreaker.

Good PC. I’ve followed cases involving Sheriff Judd. He’s a good man, very capable..

Thanks, Blondie, that is useful.

The extreme violence in such a remote area in this case, seems either extremely personal and/or drug induced.

Regardless of any criminal past by the victim(s) - these murders were heinous and committed in rage.

I see the social media frenzy occurring with wild speculations, throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what will stick, and consuming any tidbit of personal information with assumptions.

The fact remains that there have not been any arrests, and the murderer(s) remain at large.

Time is of the essence, to be sure.

WG

Three friends shot dead on a night of fishing 'may have been boxed in' by cars before 'massacre' | Daily Mail Online

July 20, 2020

The three friends beaten and shot dead on a night of fishing in Florida 'may have been boxed in' by cars, police said Monday.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told WPCV: 'We don't know at this point...if someone flagged them down and boxed them up in the middle of the road.'

Damion Tillman, 23; Keven Springfield, 30; and Brandon Rollins, 27, all died in the Friday night massacre. They were found by Cyril Rollins, the father of Brandon, who managed to call for help just before he died. Sheriff Judd said the shock of finding his son dying alongside his two friends sent Cyril to hospital later in the day.

I’m guessing here that the “boxed in” theory is probably based on tire track study? I really hoped we would see some progress today based on the info reported by the Your Content outlet.

That doesn't make sense to me either. Was it only the first one beaten or all three of them? If all three that points to a number of perpetrators. Were they beating some information out of them? JMO

Wondering the same...if they all 3 were beaten it would seem the perp(s) weren't too concerned with time. If the Sheriff calls this a "massacre" I was assuming they all were beaten first before being shot, but I guess we'd need to wait on medical examiner on that question...that would be interesting regarding time line, maybe there are texts giving and idea of what time the two others arrived to scene as in planning when to meet, etc. Seems they had some time to get outta there before Dad showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leenaa