FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Grady will always be known for his statement in 2006, when asked why his deputies shot a suspected cop killer 68 times, he responded "That's all the bullets we had". (Over 110 shots were fired by the deputies.)
Maybe you could post the entire story about this case instead of a clip of the quote.

Maybe you could post the entire story about this case instead of a clip of the quote.
I don't have the video where that quote came from but here is a newspaper article from a different news conference where he stated "That's all the bullets we had, or we would have shot him more". SWAT teams shot suspect with 68 bullets

7064232_fbs.jpg

KEVEN'S OBITUARY
Keven Michael Springfield, 30

Keven M. Springfield, 30 of Frostproof, Florida passed Friday, July 17, 2020.

He was born November 1, 1989 in Bartow, Florida to James Edward and Patsy Ann ( Mannis) Springfield and he has been a lifelong resident of this area. He was an Automotive Mechanic.

He is preceded in death by his mother, Patsy Springfield.

He is survived by his wife, Sarah Springfield; 8 children; father, James Springfield of Frostproof; sisters, Angela Michelle Smith ( Michael) of Okeechobee, Janice Mesey ( Chris) of Midland City, Alabama; brother, Tommy Springfield (Janeth) of Winter Haven.

Family will receive friends on Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:00 am until the funeral service at 11:00 am at the Marion Nelson Funeral Home of Frostproof with Pastor Sam Haag officiating. Interment will be held at the Silver Hill Cemetery.

Obituary for Keven M. Springfield at Marion Nelson Funeral Home Inc.
Is this correct that he did indeed have 8 children? OMG how will family survive? God Bless them.

That looks like every other central Florida low-income rural house. A lot of these folks are basically transient because their criminal records and lack of stable income mean they can't rent from traditional places. I'm sure TJ bounced around a lot.
I was thinking the same thing. TJ wouldn’t want to be under scrutiny because he was too busy with his criminal activities. JMO

Indeed - so many questions. Sounds like the community has been living with this guy for far too long and I hope one outcome is that his enablers are exposed.

He (TJ) is currently out on bond for breaking a man's arm with a crowbar. He's living in a trailer with no power or running water, but he was able to post bond? And the assault didn't violate any parole restrictions?

Re: TJ's younger brother, RJ. There's six years difference in age and TJ apparently started really going off the rails when he was 12. That's a critical age difference and I'd bet that RJ has idolized his older brother from a very young age. Couple that admiration with an awareness of how TJ treats those who try to stand up to him and TJ's apparent ability to duck or minimize punishment for his actions - no wonder little brother just goes along.

I do wonder about their parents and siblings.
Is he currently out on bond? If so I am speechless. There is a reason we keep some monsters locked up!

Glad this awful crime was solved, and so quickly. It’s a relief to see justice in action without delay.

So Keven worked on cars for a living & crazy 230-crime TJ sold car & motorcycle parts on FB. Not hard to imagine the two might’ve had a disagreement or even just an interaction at some point. Presume that’s what TJ had in mind with the accusation that Keven stole the motor out of his truck.

Can someone post the FB link where TJ was saying he wondered what happened? How absurd. What a sick & rotten nut.

He’s effective & popular with his Constituents- the best way to judge a Sheriff’s successfulness.
I have never in my life seen a press conference like the one Sheriff Judd conducted in this case. I'm still a bit speechless, but wanted to say bravo!!!

If I were a criminal, I'd think twice about committing it in his jurisdiction!!

I have never in my life seen a press conference like the one Sheriff Judd conducted in this case. I'm still a bit speechless, but wanted to say bravo!!!

And only 2 unresolved homicides in Polk County in his 15 years as Sheriff --which Judd believes could be solved if the family would cooperate. Wow.

I've been reading TJ's court records from previous cases. Bad dude. Click to the side of docket entries to read more. Shows his bond was $6000 ($5000/$1000) on his last charges. Another case was in January of this year.

Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

Wow. I fear Frostproof May have to lay off some police officers with these people off the street for a lack of work for them to do. The sheriff was right when he was talking about how mean Wiggins can be. The incident of him hitting and choking another girl should have put him up for a while. It’s the same crap here in SC, they seem to treat domestic violence with velvet gloves.

And only 2 unresolved homicides in Polk County in his 15 years as Sheriff --which Judd believes could be solved if the family would cooperate. Wow.
He's clearly passionate, but there is also an old-fashioned sincerity that you just don't see in LE anymore. I have to say it's refreshing.

I have no doubt TJ Wiggins won't have the opportunity to commit felony number 234~

Last edited:

I'm not a seasoned vet like some on here but that press conference was CRAZY! Can you imagine if Grady Judd instead lived in Rexburg!

Can someone post the FB link where TJ was saying he wondered what happened? How absurd. What a sick & rotten nut.

On his FB page go to the post on April 25th 2019, a few people have posted a screenshot of the conversation - most recently M L Jr about 45 minutes ago.

Tj Wiggins

Last edited:
https://people.com/crime/suspects-arrest-fla-fishing-trip-murders/

a few details in this story

Before Damion [Tillman] shows up, he decides to buy a Mountain Dew," says Judd. "He goes into the store and as he is standing in line to leave, TJ walks up behind him. Behind him is his brother Robert, and Mary is also in the store. TJ and Damion are having a conversation and it is not animated at all.”

Judd says Tillman at one point told the store clerk he was going fishing with Springfield at Lake Streety.

“TJ heads out and gets in a car with Robert and Mary and ... tells Robert to follow him,” Judd alleges. “The three suspects [were] in the store with one of the three victims 10 minutes before the shooting.”

According to the sheriff, the suspects then followed the truck to Frostproof, where Tillman met his friends.

Judd says TJ got out of his vehicle and ran up to Tillman, but was actually looking for Springfield, who was sitting with Rollins in a truck.

TJ then allegedly confronted Springfield in the vehicle, punching him and accusing him of selling the engine out of his truck.

“[Springfield] says ‘I don’t know what you are talking about....I don’t know anything about your truck,'” says Judd. “TJ starts shooting into the truck where Keven and Brandon are sitting -- nine or 10 times, point blank. He then spins around and shoots Damion in his truck several more times.”
image (1).jpg image (2).jpg image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member