GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe WA blurted out the information about her brother and the hitman to the police because she knew they would talk to her ex boyfriend Lacasse, to whom she had apparently already divulged that her bother looked into hiring a hitman a year earlier. Maybe WA was trying to distance herself. Just my speculation and one of many possibilities...

'You better kill him' - chilling calls made by slain Florida professor's in-laws after undercover agent posed as hit man's brother in sting operation to investigate murder-for-hire plot

ETA: 'State sources tell us that they are in negotiations with Rivera for a plea deal in exchange for his cooperation,' said Gutman."

"That plea deal could have something to do with the ongoing investigation into some members of the Adelson family, and whether or not they paid Garcia and Rivera to carry out Markel's murder. "

"The Tallahassee Police Department released probable cause affidavits in the case earlier this month which they believe provided enough evidence to warrant the arrest of Donna and Charlie for the murder of Markel, along with Magbanua."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vestigate-murder-hire-plot.html#ixzz4KTcFogQd

I was a bit confused by this article, specifically where it states that soon after the undercover agent confronts DA, authorities allege her son, CA, called KM and told her "You better kill him..." Dan was already dead by the time the agent confronted DA. I feel like the article is trying to make it sound like CA is referring to killing Dan Markel but maybe I am misinterpreting it. Could CA be referring to Rivera and the need to eliminate him b/c he is asking for more money? (well, the undercover agent is, but the Adelsons don't know that)

I was a bit confused by this article, specifically where it states that soon after the undercover agent confronts DA, authorities allege her son, CA, called KM and told her "You better kill him..." Dan was already dead by the time the agent confronted DA. I feel like the article is trying to make it sound like CA is referring to killing Dan Markel but maybe I am misinterpreting it. Could CA be referring to Rivera and the need to eliminate him b/c he is asking for more money? (well, the undercover agent is, but the Adelsons don't know that)

I took the "you better kill him" as Charlie A telling Katherine M that they might need to have Rivera killed. Because the agent who approached Donna A was claiming to be Rivera's brother.

Does anyone find it odd why the hit man are not rolling over? If I am not mistaken this is a death penalty case, and the evidence in tallahassee against the hit men is pretty strong. I don't seem why they are not rolling over, given we are a month away from trial. Maybe there is a deal in the works, but it just seems so odd why they don't plea to say 20 years in exchange to giving up the person who hired them.

Also the girlfriend - why not arrest her and put pressure on her to roll over? She could plead to accessory or perhaps get off scott free if she gave away the true murderer.

Would Rivera feel any allegiance to the girlfriend? (I know she's not his girlfriend/baby mama) Could a deal be held up because he's wanting her to receive immunity or something?

Would Rivera feel any allegiance to the girlfriend? (I know she's not his girlfriend/baby mama) Could a deal be held up because he's wanting her to receive immunity or something?
According to 20/20, he's in the process of making a deal. I wonder if investigators have played for him CA'S threats. Maybe that's why no one knows exactly where he is. Rivera's not going to get whacked by his fellow gang members but by CA and co. (a much more ruthless gang!)

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Two thoughts on WA:

1. The changing of the boys' names, IMO, so blatantly points to the motive for the murder-- to erase Dan Markel from the earth, and then to erase his memory from the children's lives, so they could be wholly Adelsons. I think I read her excuse to Dan's family was that it was done for the children's safety. But anyone out to get them could easily find out that their mother's name was Adelson and where she lived.

2. I'm struck, by among many bizarre things she said in that 2015 podcast about her "story", that she indicated her Latex Husband was done in by a professional hitman. Why would she say that? Couldn't she think maybe it was a robbery or burglary gone wrong? Just like that was the first thing she jumped to in her police interview.

I have read quite a bit about this case but I know I don't know every detail.

What would have been the motive for these guys to kill the professor barring the hitman theory?

Also if the murderers are saying they were hired hitman, then why haven't the people who hired them been charged yet. Usually there is evidence linking the hit. If there is no evidence of a hit again what was the guys motive?

I talked about this with some friends yesterday. Personally, I don't think so. This is a death penalty case. She's a other man's woman. She also got a lot more of the "fruit" of the labor than he did. I'm not the only one calling it - he's about to flip.

I get really annoyed when WA keeps on saying "Danny hurt me." Danny is the one who ended up dead. There is no evidence from anyone - not even from her even - that Danny ever "hurt" her. I actually know Dan as an acquaintance from law school. I think when she says "hurt" she means she feels "hurt" because she was not Dan's intellectual equal. I read in one of the affidavits that she had internet searched Dan's new girlfriend - an NYU prof who was his intellectual equal as they list her name in the affidavit and she is very accomplished. Even WA having that job at FSU- it is known that in academia there is often a "trailing spouse" where one spouse gets the main, tenure track job and they give the other spouse some lesser job in order to keep the main spouse happy. I don't think she liked being the "trailing spouse." She was use to be in the spotlight and in their life at FSU Dan was the star. I don't know what she knew about the murder, and think it is a hard case to prove beyond a reasonable doubt for anyone alleged in the media to have been the hirer of the hitman. One of the hitman need to roll; really, the 2 hitman and the girlfriend all need to roll to have a case against CA.

I think the FSU ex-boyfriend would unfortunately have been a bigger suspect if he had not been in atlanta. Maybe someone planned it like that? Boyfriend gets dumped a few days before murder, everyone knows he hates the ex-husband (who knows what he was told about him). Guy was super lucky he had a rock solid alibi since someone intentionally may have tried to pin this on him.

Not quite sure why, maybe it is because the "baby mama" appears to be fresh-faced in the photo. usually seen, but- after seeing her on video, the hair practically stood up on the back of my neck.
SG ( in particular) and LR, might make one nervous to run into in a dark alley, tempered by an almost comedic and bumbling quality about them, the b.mama, on the other hand, straight up scary.
Was CA genuinely attracted to her, and she to him?
Strictly speculation, imo, fwiw.
I wonder if anyone did a thorough research of "Garcia's Solutions" where KM was the secretary. I thought it was funny how the name of the business could have suggested solutions=killing. But now I'm not so sure.

I took the "you better kill him" as Charlie A telling Katherine M that they might need to have Rivera killed. Because the agent who approached Donna A was claiming to be Rivera's brother.

I actually took it as they might need to kill the "brother," the special agent, because as Charlie said, he might become a problem. The guy had just confronted his mother on the street. They also said CA actually did talk with KM about making this $5000 payment.

Either way it is interpreted, it is damning evidence, as it shows CA once again brought up the idea of having someone who was considered a problem killed.

I wonder if anyone did a thorough research of "Garcia's Solutions" where KM was the secretary. I thought it was funny how the name of the business could have suggested solutions=killing. But now I'm not so sure.

G Solutions part actually made me chicken out and remove that post, but now that it is baack, thinking that the funniest jokes are often based on truth!
imo.
http://www.metronews.ca/news/canada...killing-of-canadian-professor-in-florida.html
Police also allege Markel's killing was arranged through a woman named Katherine Magbanua, who had been romantically involved with both Garcia and Adelson.

"Investigators further believe Magbanua enlisted the father of her two children, Sigfredo Garcia, and his close associate, Luis Rivera, to carry out this murder, and they were all compensated for their actions," one of the probable cause affidavits said.

"Magbanua is the only tie between Markel and the shooters, Garcia and Rivera. Further, Magbanua's only tie to Daniel Markel is Charlie Adelson."

I have read quite a bit about this case but I know I don't know every detail.

What would have been the motive for these guys to kill the professor barring the hitman theory?

Also if the murderers are saying they were hired hitman, then why haven't the people who hired them been charged yet. Usually there is evidence linking the hit. If there is no evidence of a hit again what was the guys motive?

So far they've been pleading not guilty, and will continue to do so until they get the best deal they can from prosecutors in exchange for revealing who hired them.

Above the Law casts doubt on 20/20's claim that Rivera is cooperating:

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/09/the-abc-news-2020-segment-on-the-dan-markel-murder-case/
Let’s start with the bombshell that ABC News saved for the very end: the claim that Luis Rivera, one of the two alleged hitmen, is cooperating with the police and negotiating a plea deal. If true, this would constitute a major break in the case.

Alas, it appears not to be true. After the broadcast aired, a source close to the case told me that Rivera is not cooperating and that law enforcement floated the claim to 20/20 to see if it might shake anyone. To follow up, I reached out to Rivera’s lawyer, Chuck Collins. He denied the report to me: “While plea negotiations are always discussed, my client has never spoken to law enforcement or the State Attorney. We are preparing for our October 24th trial.”

Even so, this doesn't mean that Rivera won't end up making a deal. Note that Collins says "my client" -- i.e., Rivera -- "has never spoken to law enforcement or the State Attorney." But Collins didn't deny that he (Collins) had been discussing a plea, or the terms under which Rivera would cooperate and talk with LE.

Assuming that's true and this was a Law Enforcement strategy, why would David Lat interfere with it by running this blog post immediately?
Why would he want to interfere with an active police investigation?

Assuming that's true and this was a Law Enforcement strategy, why would David Lat interfere with it by running this blog post immediately?

Totally wild guess, but maybe RL would prefer if people did not think he was cooperating with LE, especially his present and future roommates, imo.

It was one of his best and most comprehensive posts. He nailed LaCasse. I am surprised he didn't mention the other "character" though. Garcia's attorney was a hoot. "So, where do you think he (Garcia) got the money for all those vehicles?" The attorney (paraphrasing), "You know how things are in North Miami. Money floats". I don't doubt he's probably pretty slick. (I mean that as a compliment.) Sort of.

I got 2 things re the Markels. Their 1st priority are their grandsons. But.... they won't rest until those responsible for murdering his son is are held respondsible. I'm hoping if all else fails, they'll file a civil suit and take the A's for all they're worth.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Nort...bm=isch&q=+Money+floats&imgrc=OHyecEHBvgRYyM:
attachment.php

Attachments

• money-pool-float-3.jpg
    money-pool-float-3.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 177
But late Friday, just hours before “20/20” was set to broadcast the undercover video, Meggs issued a new statement on the Markel case, calling it “… an ongoing criminal investigation that will continue until all avenues have been exhausted and all those involved are held responsible. No statement by this office should be misunderstood as communicating anything to the contrary.”
http://www.wtvq.com/2016/09/17/undercover-agent-confronts-slain-professors-ex-mother-in-law/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth