GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New story with really interesting details, including WA's boyfriend telling police he thought she was involved in his murder:

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...s-reveal-early-markel-investigation/87680046/

Thanks for posting, misterb!
From link..Rbbm.
One of the reports describes an investigation into Jeffrey Lacasse, a former boyfriend of Wendi Adelson.

Lacasse, an FSU professor, was cleared as a suspect a few days after Markel’s death.

Several weeks later, on Aug. 12, Lacasse contacted Tallahassee police investigators to tell them about text messages between him and Wendi Adelson he had been reviewing. He said he and Adelson made reservations to travel to California July 11 to 17.

She canceled plans on June 4 – two weeks before Rivera and Garcia traveled to Tallahassee during what investigators say was a botched first attempt to kill her ex-husband
Lacasse said Wendi and others had told him that three weeks after Markel was killed, her brother Charlie Adelson contacted her and asked her to go out and celebrate.

That dinner was memorable. Wendi Adelson vomited on the table. Lacasse found that highly suspicious.

“He believed that Wendi Adelson may be indirectly responsible for the murder of her ex-husband, Daniel Markel," the Dec. 4, 2014 TPD report says. “When I informed him that Wendi was not a suspect, he stated ‘well she should be.’”
Three days after Markel was killed, a judge signed a search warrant for information on Wendi Adelson’s phone and investigators began searching her Web browser and email records.

On her computer, investigators found Google Chrome keyword searches for Markel’s girlfriend Amy Adler, Adler's ex-husband and Adler's brother. They also found that Wendi Adelson had searched several *advertiser censored* sites for “teacher/student *advertiser censored*.”

From that same article above: When Dan was on the phone when he was shot... "Markel was asking a School of Arts and Sciences teacher about Wendi Adelson seeking to enroll their two young children without his knowledge." He told her, “hold on a second, there is someone in my driveway that is unfamiliar to me.” and then he was shot.

The new Democrat story is interesting, but I don't see how it moves the ball forward much in proving either Garcia/Rivera's or the As' involvement in the murder, beyond what we already know. For example, there's no indication that the witness who rented Garcia/Rivera the motel room told police that Garcia or Rivera had told him that they were in Tallahassee to kill Markel. Also, the WA emails and computer data that the article mentions don't link her directly to any murder plot (it's hard to imagine that she'd be dumb enough to put anything that incriminating in writing). And, notably, there's no mention of KM, who seems to be the key link between Garcia/Rivera and the As. Also of note, beyond the vomiting incident, there's no explanation for why WA's ex-BF actually believes she was involved.

I don't mean to suggest that we have seen all of the evidence that the cops and prosecutors have. Indeed, the 7/25 Democrat article (http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ines-evidence-witnesses-markel-case/87527408/) notes that the documents that are being released are redacted. But it seems to me that the state is going to need a lot more evidence than has been publicly released so far if they are going to be able to prove to a jury that Garcia and Rivera -- let alone KM and any of the As -- are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

The new Democrat story is interesting, but I don't see how it moves the ball forward much in proving either Garcia/Rivera's or the As' involvement in the murder, beyond what we already know. For example, there's no indication that the witness who rented Garcia/Rivera the motel room told police that Garcia or Rivera had told him that they were in Tallahassee to kill Markel. Also, the WA emails and computer data that the article mentions don't link her directly to any murder plot (it's hard to imagine that she'd be dumb enough to put anything that incriminating in writing). And, notably, there's no mention of KM, who seems to be the key link between Garcia/Rivera and the As. Also of note, beyond the vomiting incident, there's no explanation for why WA's ex-BF actually believes she was involved.

I don't mean to suggest that we have seen all of the evidence that the cops and prosecutors have. Indeed, the 7/25 Democrat article (http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ines-evidence-witnesses-markel-case/87527408/) notes that the documents that are being released are redacted. But it seems to me that the state is going to need a lot more evidence than has been publicly released so far if they are going to be able to prove to a jury that Garcia and Rivera -- let alone KM and any of the As -- are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

I don't think it will be difficult to convict Garcia and Rivera. They are on video following him around town, and there are witnesses seeing their vehicle fleeing the scene. There's no other reason for these two strangers who live hundreds of miles away to be following DM around, and then for him to end up dead at the "perfect" time (meaning, it lines up with the video evidence)? Might not be a literal smoking gun, but circumstantial evidence is still evidence.

I think we can safely assume that the DM look alike was not the man vomiting oops, I mean crying in WA's arms! Yikes!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Please, Garcia and Rivera will spill the beans soon. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see this. Are you a friend of the A's?

Celebrating Dan's death and Wendi googling teacher/student *advertiser censored*. Deplorable. What a lovely family and grandma bad-mouthed Dan to his kids! Laughable. Maybe Wendi threw up at the dinner when Charlie told her how it happened. JMO

Celebrating Dan's death and Wendi googling teacher/student *advertiser censored*. Deplorable. What a lovely family and grandma bad-mouthed Dan to his kids! Laughable. Maybe Wendi threw up at the dinner when Charlie told her how it happened. JMO

Link please. Lol. Where you get the googling info from. Lol

Edit. Okay. I just seen it on here. My phone has been acting up. Thanks though.

For the record, I have no connection with the As or anyone else in this case. Based on the evidence that has been publicly revealed, I believe that Garcia and Rivera did it. And I believe that at least one of the As was in on it (though there has been virtually nothing revealed about which one(s) specifically). But there is a big difference between what I personally believe, and whether all 12 jurors will be convinced that a particular defendant is guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, based on admissible evidence. Again, I suspect that the cops and prosecutors have a lot more evidence that has not yet been publicly released. For example, there have been references to, but very little revealed about, audio recordings and email and text message evidence. I'm sure there will be a lot more revealed in coming months.

Hmmm....could the student/teacher *advertiser censored* search hold a clue as to the identity of the beautiful man crying in WA's arms? :thinking:

A few additional takeaways from the last couple of Democrat articles:

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...s-reveal-early-markel-investigation/87680046/
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ines-evidence-witnesses-markel-case/87527408/

1. Sounds like LE had zeroed in on the A's after a few days, linked the alleged hit men to the crime in a couple of months, and found a witness placing the alleged hit men in Tallahassee after eight months. Eight months after the murder was also the time that WA's new boyfriend/ex bf was invited back for questioning. A year after the murder LE released the photo of the Prius. Then several months later, the undercover officers taped DA, and a month after that the alleged hit men were arrested. LE has known that SG and LR were in Tallahassee and linked to the crime for a long time!
2. I agree with one of the previous posters that the evidence that has been released so far is probably not enough to convict any of the A's, even CA. But it sounds like LE does have a lot more information that we haven't seen.
3. Whether or not they were involved, how could the A's possibly think it was a good idea to organize or attend a dinner to "celebrate" Dan's murder, and then tell people about it. They had to know that they were still on LE's radar. Even if they were all completely innocent, what a terrible idea. That's of course aside from how macabre it is.
4. Would WA have been aware that LE was reading her emails and search history? Would she have needed to surrender her phone and computer for that?
5. It wasn't clear to me whether the undercover officers actually had a conversation with DA or were otherwise surveilling her. It would be interesting to know if they somehow got her talking.
6. I wonder if WA knew before today that her bf/ex bf had been talking to LE, and what he said........
7. What's next?

A few additional takeaways from the last couple of Democrat articles:

6. I wonder if WA knew before today that her bf/ex bf had been talking to LE, and what he said........

I wonder too That was very incriminating.

I am waiting for the next arrest...

In this case involving gangsters, I bet LE is withholding most of their evidence. They are dealing with the devil and need to be exempt from the Florida law of disclosing information before trial. I don't remember the legal name!

This could also be why the A's have not been arrested - LE does not want them to get too lawyered up before the trial. The unknown is more likely to make one of them slip-up.

My opinions only.

Hmmm....could the student/teacher *advertiser censored* search hold a clue as to the identity of the beautiful man crying in WA's arms? :thinking:

Thinking now that the s/t *advertiser censored* search must be important to the case, why else would information like that be released?
You might be right about the beautiful man.
imo, speculation.

Thinking now that the s/t *advertiser censored* search must be important to the case, why else would information like that be released?
You might be right about the beautiful man.
imo, speculation.
I'm confused. Why does her search of the *advertiser censored* sight have anything to do with the crying man or his identity?

Why would she have canceled the trip to Calif. 2 weeks before Rivera and Garcia were set to kill Markel? ( the first time) Did she know what was coming down the pike and thought it would be inappropriate to travel so soon after Dan's death? Did she figure she'd need to be around for the kids after the violent death of their Dad. If the answer is yes to both of those questions, she knew.

I'm confused. Why does her search of the *advertiser censored* sight have anything to do with the crying man or his identity?

Why would she have canceled the trip to Calif. 2 weeks before Rivera and Garcia were set to kill Markel? ( the first time) Did she know what was coming down the pike and thought it would be inappropriate to travel so soon after Dan's death? Did she figure she'd need to be around for the kids after the violent death of their Dad. If the answer is yes to both of those questions, she knew.

Idk. Maybe the new boyfriend wasn't having as much sexual moments that he wanted with her. Jmo

So maybe he decided to tell all. Idk.

But if he knew Dan while still sleeping with Dan's wife.

Then imo. Maybe he is only talking because things didn't work out between him and Wendis relationship. Jmo

I am waiting for the next arrest...

This could also be why the A's have not been arrested - LE does not want them to get too lawyered up before the trial. The unknown is more likely to make one of them slip-up.

My opinions only.

I agree with everything your are saying, but I bet they are as lawyered up as one can be. Like white on rice. This is a family, circle of friends, community of lawyers, professional and academia of law professionals ---with big bucks to boot! Oh yeah they are lawyered up to the hilt.

Seems to me the *advertiser censored* search is a bit of a red herring. Just because it was included in the discovery provided to the defense (which was the document dump that the Democrat reported on) doesn't mean that the prosecutors plan to refer to it at trial. And even if WA (as opposed to someone else using her computer) did that search, what possible relevance is there to DM's murder?

And I agree with Russian Blue that the As are certainly fully lawyered-up, and probably have been for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper