GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting. my guess is that there is some serious scrambling to liquify, hide, and protect assets going on right now to prepare for a possible future criminal (attorneys aren't cheap) and civil case (Markels). and maybe some thoughts about fleeing the country - although i'm sure his attorney would be strongly advising against it - assuring him that he can beat it if it goes to trial.

Asset protection must be done well before it is needed. 5 years or something. Otherwise the courts can retrieve the money/property to pay for whatever is rewarded in a lawsuit

Protecting assets from judgement is actually very complicated and never a sure thing.

Anyone worth less than 100 million could die a pauper. (As I understand it, 100 million "should" be able to take care of a few of the lawsuits, frivolous and otherwise, that are filed against people with assets. Attorney fees can easily be more than the judgement)

http://www.assetprotectionbook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1226

Asset protection must be done well before it is needed. 5 years or something. Otherwise the courts can retrieve the money/property to pay for whatever is rewarded in a lawsuit

oh i'm not saying they're going to get away with it, but i think they're sure as hell going to try. just like the alleged murder for hire plot. remember, these are people who think they're entitled and smarter than everyone else.

Welcome to Ws airhed4, thanks for the link!
"Many murder cases go forward on far less information that Tallahassee police have obtained in the Markel case," said Melissa Hamilton, visiting criminal law scholar at the University of Houston Law Center. "There is significant evidence against the [ex-wife's] brother and one of the parents to bring charges. A lot of it is circumstantial, but that is OK." ...
The combination of the phone records, the money going into Magbanua's account and the undercover surveillance work should be enough to press charges against Charlie and Donna Adelson, according to law scholar Hamilton. "There is no single piece of evidence that's a smoking gun, but all together there is plenty," she told me. "And now they have a confession [from Rivera] that connects the dots even further."

FL has the homestead law which protects the defendant's primary residence against civil judgments. ownership in LLCs with the old man could also be protected - especially since the old man doesn't seem to be exposed at this point. putting everything in a trust could also provide some protection. however, they might not be as rich (net worth) as many think. they could be leveraged to the hilt and using all available cash flow just to keep up their grandiose lifestyles/appearances and speculate/gamble on highly leveraged real estate. this is a two man dental shop - the old man is/was sick and the son is relatively young/new with possible delusions of grandeur. it's not some huge practice.

Agree in regards to the actual cash that they may have is probably not that much.

But I'm sure they all have unlimited limit credit cards in their own names plus good enough credit and income to garner big loans if needed.

But we all know that their lawyers will want atleast 2 million for the case since several family members will have separate trials.

Because I doubt they want Donna to be tried with Charlie. Especially since Charlie was more vocal to several people about hitmen and murder pertaining to Dan and the undercover officer in the sting.

Plus Donna seemed to do what Charlie advised her to do when Donna was worried about the blackmailing attempt.

So I definitely think that the lawyers will milk this and bleed the Adelsons dry from all of their money.

But as far as hiding assets; I think they can do it with their trusted lawyers.

Example. The lawyer wants 2 million. But they agree to say 4 million in order for you to hide the other 2 million.

Or give us 4million now and we will return any leftovers to the other son in NY.

I don't know.

Did we already discuss that the wife of the only innocent Adelson (well, so far anyway) won nearly 60K on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Means absolutely nothing, just thought it was interesting. I was doing some digging today just to see who they are (the other brother/family). Absolutely stunning woman (and children, too).

Did we already discuss that the wife of the only innocent Adelson (well, so far anyway) won nearly 60K on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Means absolutely nothing, just thought it was interesting. I was doing some digging today just to see who they are (the other brother/family). Absolutely stunning woman (and children, too).

I googled this and could not find it. Is there a link?

I googled this and could not find it. Is there a link?

IIRC, Wendi Adelson was a contestant on The Weakest Link in 2003. Mrs. Robert Adelson, known professionally as Dr. Haritha Challapalli, was a candidate on Who Wants to be a Millionaire ten years later. I think they both took home some cash from these appearances. I'm a bit floored that a physician would have any familiarity with game shows at all. I doubt there was any connection between the two appearances other than one inspiring the other. Perhaps the sisters-in-law are competitive.

I think a certain pattern in 3-child families is quite common: two siblings close and the 3d out in the cold to a degree. I've certainly seen that pattern.

I imagine Dr. Adelson and Dr. Challapalli regard this whole business with dismay, like a crew in the lifeboat watching the Titanic go down, and keep themselves as busy as possible so they don't have to think about it.

Posted by: Art Deco | Oct 19, 2016 8:23:32 AM

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_...ing-adelson-family-to-dan-markels-murder.html

http://blog.timesunion.com/television/latham-doctor-to-appear-on-millionaire/4986/

IIRC, Wendi Adelson was a contestant on The Weakest Link in 2003. Mrs. Robert Adelson, known professionally as Dr. Haritha Challapalli, was a candidate on Who Wants to be a Millionaire ten years later. I think they both took home some cash from these appearances. I'm a bit floored that a physician would have any familiarity with game shows at all. I doubt there was any connection between the two appearances other than one inspiring the other. Perhaps the sisters-in-law are competitive.

I think a certain pattern in 3-child families is quite common: two siblings close and the 3d out in the cold to a degree. I've certainly seen that pattern.

I imagine Dr. Adelson and Dr. Challapalli regard this whole business with dismay, like a crew in the lifeboat watching the Titanic go down, and keep themselves as busy as possible so they don't have to think about it.

Posted by: Art Deco | Oct 19, 2016 8:23:32 AM

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_...ing-adelson-family-to-dan-markels-murder.html

http://blog.timesunion.com/television/latham-doctor-to-appear-on-millionaire/4986/

Thanks. I'll try googling that.

Just curious. The Adelson Institute website states that Donna is the mother of three...is there another Adelson child?

Just curious. The Adelson Institute website states that Donna is the mother of three...is there another Adelson child?
Yes. He is a doctor in NY.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oh, Garcia's new lawyer Mutaquee Akbar went to University of Miami law at the same time as Wendi Adelson.

Wendi was quoted somewhere are saying her and Dan met at a mixer in DC. Possibly a cover as some people don't like to admit they met online.

Wow. That's an explosive article giving us a view inside the family.

Garcia is about to get outted by Luis and KM.

So he could be represented by Barack Obama and still be found guilty.

Jmo .

Some interesting tidbits in this Above the Law post, including that the other brother (the doctor in Albany, NY) is apparently estranged from the rest of the family, and had an engagement end "in part due to Donna’s interference."

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/11/the-...n-and-about-wendis-mother-donna-adelson/?rf=1

OH MY GOSH, If this is true, the brother said his mother is a dangerous person, that explains her narcissistic need to have everyone around her. That's got to be a mental illness. Noone else acts like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck