GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that WA seemed to hint that people close to her, just might consider murder due to a desire to protect her from the big bad ex, why on earth would she be " afraid for the children"?
Why would an accomplished, highly educated woman with the chutzpah required to leave a husband, empty the family safe and home, rebound with a new b.f. and job, need sooo many people to " look after" and protect her?
Could that be why, as she herself publicly stated, DM " did not see her as an equal"?
This lady is very capable of taking care of " big girl " business.
imo, all speculation. rbbm.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_...-dan-markels-murder-she-says-her-brother.html
And I was talking to him about whether it made sense to pay to fix it or I should get a new one,” she said. “And it was always his joke that, like,
he knew that Danny treated me badly
, and it was always his joke, he said, I looked into hiring a hit man but it was cheaper to get you this TV.” “[H]e’s my big brother, and he’s been taking care of me since I was little,”

“But even
my family who felt like I had been mistreated
would never do something like this

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fsu-law-pr...aims-brother-talked-killing/story?id=42065242
Lacasse also told police Wendi Adelson said she wanted to take a break from their relationship just days before Markel’s murder.

https://gma.yahoo.com/police-tracke...d-hit-men-172906320--abc-news-topstories.html
While on the hunt for the suspected getaway car, investigators also dug into every aspect of Markel’s life for theories into who could have killed him and why.

During her interview, Adelson told police about Jeffrey Lacasse, who was a fellow FSU professor and had been dating Adelson for nine months at the time. She said Lacasse “didn’t like Danny because Danny hurt me.”

"And narcissists have victim mentalities — big time. They play the victim to garner support/narcissistic supply from those in their circle. It’s also a tactic used to bring the other person — usually an empath — over to “their side”." - "John Smith" on Quora

https://www.quora.com/Do-sociopaths-have-victim-mentality

WA would have to think that LE would check on her whereabouts the day of the murder. After she informed LE that a tv repairman was at her house the morning of the murder and and also informed LE that she told the repairman about her brother's hitman joke, wouldn't she expect LE would want to know who the repairman was and then go talk to him? Did LE follow-up on this? Strange.

WA would have to think that LE would check on her whereabouts the day of the murder. After she informed LE that a tv repairman was at her house the morning of the murder and and also informed LE that she told the repairman about her brother's hitman joke, wouldn't she expect LE would want to know who the repairman was and then go talk to him? Did LE follow-up on this? Strange.
I remember thinking it may have been Garcia and/or Rivera that had visited her place that morning and to cover his/their visit, she referred to him as a TV repairman. However, Rivera never mentioned this as happening.

Someone suggested it was a cover for a boyfriend she did want to involve. But, she had already broken up w/ Lacasse.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Interesting. I too wondered if WA had a few drinks at lunch, I thought she seemed to be on something during the interview.

IMO she would certainly need "liquid courage" for what was about to go down. Maybe she had a little bit too much because she did seem to be on something as you suggest and it affected her ability to put on a credible act and ad lib her lies in the interview.

I remember thinking it may have been Garcia and/or Rivera that had visited her place that morning and to cover his/their visit, she referred to him as a TV repairman. However, Rivera never mentioned this as happening.

Someone suggested it was a cover for a boyfriend she did want to involve. But, she had already broken up w/ Lacasse.

Wonder if LE found out if CA really did buy a new (but defective) t.v. and gave it go the contortionist. If he says he bought it off a friend and paid cash or if he says a patient gave it to him in lieu of payment wouldn't LE demand to know who the friend or patient was? Someone help me out here since this t.v. repairman business costing more than a hitman remark by CA is tied to this so called new t.v. and mysterious t.v. repairman who as far as I know has not been identified. BTW, my fairly new t.v. went on the fritz recently.....quoted repair cost was $400 for a tiny little chip. We trashed it and bought a new one for a little more than that. TIA and as always, just MO!

1. weird coincidence that DA also made a "TV" reference when allegedly communicating in code to CA about how much the undercover cop/faux-extortionist wanted - i think she said something like "This TV is going to cost $5K" when CA asked how much he asked her for.
2. i'd like to know if LE has talked to the TV repair guy if he actually exists and what he has to say.
3. this statement continues to baffle me. WHY say this???? -

Adelson also admitted to a conversation she had with her brother, Charlie, in which they discussed a TV he had bought her that had recently broken. Wendi told ABC News, “… I was talking to him about whether it made sense to pay to fix it or I should get a new one. And it was always his joke that, like, he knew that Danny treated me badly, and it was always his joke, he said, I looked into hiring a hit man but it was cheaper to get you this TV.” Wendi urged police that despite the ‘joke’, her brother “would never”.
Well, it sure shows that she was always an academic and never a trial lawyer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes. Particularly Market Square Liquors - literally in the same shopping center where she was heading to lunch. It's a well-known Tallahassee liquor store. But as I said before...what adult woman brings a bottle of rye whiskey to a summer party? And who buys liquor on their way to meet friends for lunch? And not in the evening on their way to the party? I believe she needed the liquor for other reasons...to take the edge off her nerves before her impending police interview. Which, in my opinion, she bombed.

Is Wendi Adelson's TPD interview an example of why Dan Markel said what he said about Wendi?

"Danny used to tell me everyone thought I was such a nice person and such a good person, but he was the only one that knew the truth about what a bad person I was. He was convinced I had deluded everyone but him."

"And narcissists have victim mentalities — big time. They play the victim to garner support/narcissistic supply from those in their circle. It’s also a tactic used to bring the other person — usually an empath — over to “their side”." - "John Smith" on Quorahttps://www.quora.com/Do-sociopaths-have-victim-mentality
Agreed - I wonder how that childhood friend of hers that appeared on 20/20 is reacting to all this. Some people continue to befriend evil.

So it seems that "TV repairman" is code for "hitman" in the Adelson family. Think about it, when is the last time you had a "TV repairman" in your household? I'm thinking it might have been the 12th of...never?

So it seems that "TV repairman" is code for "hitman" in the Adelson family. Think about it, when is the last time you had a "TV repairman" in your household? I'm thinking it might have been the 12th of...never?

i was thinking the same thing. in this day and age, and in 2014, with LCD/LED/flat screen solid state TVs being all that's sold anymore, it's very, very rare that TVs need repaired unless you literally crack the screen - which is cost prohibitive to fix anyway. the "TV repairman" was a thing back in the days of the old tube (CRT) TVs and even older vacuum tube TVs. this TV repairman thing really jumped out at me as being a strange anachronism - just as if she said she was talking to the "milkman" that morning. when's the last time you saw a TV repairmen or a milkman? LE surely has checked out the story though but for now seems to be holding the results close to the vest.

I realize our interpretations of the "tv repairman" are colored by our own experiences. As someone who has frequently enlisted the Best Buy Geek Squad/Magnolia Home Theater guys to come to my house to fix various tvs, I don't find it at all odd. I've had motherboards and hdmi inputs replaced, etc. -- and although pricey, still cheaper than spending $1500-2000 on a large wall-mounted flatscreen. So to me, this isn't an anachronism. Further, WA is smart enough to know that LE would immediately ask her for the name of the tv repairman -- which is why I think she did have an actual repair guy at her house that morning -- to provide an alibi.

But I hear you that the apparent use of tvs as code words is eyebrow-raising. And while for months I thought WA couldn't have known in advance -- simply because CA and DA would have wanted to protect her from culpability -- I've changed my mind about that thanks to the podcast, her interview with LE, and LR's testimony.....

Like all of you, I look forward to more info from LE.

LR might be telling the truth with regard to Princess's involvement as he remembers it - but it might not be reality. to play devil's advocate - consider -

1. you have two coked up bumbling hitmen paranoid about everything around them - especially LR.
2. LR gleaned and interpreted information third hand and now is trying to remember it from 2+ years ago.
3. if Princess sees two suspicious looking/acting minorities casing her kid's white bread neighborhood - it would not surprise me if she looked at them hard - if it was even her. but maybe she didn't or maybe it wasn't even her - maybe it was just LR's faulty interpretation or recollection. the coke and the stress of the situation had them paranoid and less than sharp.

“We have to answer all of the questions, because if we don’t, the defense attorney will ask them at closing argument.” – Prosecuting Attorney

New blog post.https://jonathanturley.org/2016/10/...-raises-questions-over-role-of-wendi-adelson/Another thought is that if Wendi saw the car drive by and was eyeing it as Rivera said, and she was in the dark on the whole thing, then why did she not come forward when photos of the car were released by the TPD shortly after the murder? They asked anyone who had seen such a car that was connected to the shooting to come forward as they were seeking information. Wendi did not come forward to say she saw that car driving by the day before the murder. If she was so concerned about her children's safety as she claimed, wouldn't she contact TPD with the information. Just another thought.

New blog post.https://jonathanturley.org/2016/10/...-raises-questions-over-role-of-wendi-adelson/Another thought is that if Wendi saw the car drive by and was eyeing it as Rivera said, and she was in the dark on the whole thing, then why did she not come forward when photos of the car were released by the TPD shortly after the murder? They asked anyone who had seen such a car that was connected to the shooting to come forward as they were seeking information. Wendi did not come forward to say she saw that car driving by the day before the murder. If she was so concerned about her children's safety as she claimed, wouldn't she contact TPD with the information. Just another thought.
Turley and Caron are doing a good job at reporting, unlike David Lat at Above the Law who comes across as a foolish follower with the mindset of an Adelson defense attorney.

But didn't Garcia know who "that woman" was. And how did he know it was WA?

LR might be telling the truth with regard to Princess's involvement as he remembers it - but it might not be reality. to play devil's advocate - consider -

1. you have two coked up bumbling hitmen paranoid about everything around them - especially LR.
2. LR gleaned and interpreted information third hand and now is trying to remember it from 2+ years ago.
3. if Princess sees two suspicious looking/acting minorities casing her kid's white bread neighborhood - it would not surprise me if she looked at them hard - if it was even her. but maybe she didn't or maybe it wasn't even her - maybe it was just LR's faulty interpretation or recollection. the coke and the stress of the situation had them paranoid and less than sharp.

“We have to answer all of the questions, because if we don’t, the defense attorney will ask them at closing argument.” – Prosecuting Attorney
Then again... if SG and LR were placed there via cell phone pings, and if WA had her cell phone with her ...

Ping, ping, ping...

If they both are pinging same time, same place, that would be pretty significant collaborating evidence.

Then again... if SG and LR were placed there via cell phone pings, and if WA had her cell phone with her ...

Ping, ping, ping...

If they both are pinging same time, same place, that would be pretty significant collaborating evidence.

agreed that it would put her there. but LE hasn't released that info to my knowledge. and even if she was there and it was her, was it so odd for her to be looking at them casing the neighborhood? and maybe a paranoid LR felt she recognized them in paranoia only to have SG lie and say no it's OK just to calm him down? i'm just playing devil's advocate. what i will say is it's very weird for her to be in the neighborhood within the hour of both the botched hit and the actual hit if that was the case. hell of a coincidence. but as Nancy Grace likes to say - "There are no coincidences in criminal law."

Guys - don't forget the SA / LE have been playing the long con with releasing evidence. There's a good reason we haven't seen location data and other info for certain folks of interest. IMO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3