GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to all new members to Ws.and to all the readers too!

:welcome:

Mr. Lat has managed to do one thing well. He has poked the bears here at WS.....including those who have been hibernating. Good luck with that Mr. L.
Nothing I enjoy more than having my cage rattled.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

:moo: imho disclaimers.etc..

And perhaps his primary focus is to get a call out to all those people who * live under the bridge* within his readership to sign up and/or post here .. and cause our moderators more work during the holiday season?

ETA... I have always wondered why blogs are allowed on this thread and not on any others .. I thought msm but I see blogs here are posted as is on the JonBenet thread.

ETA 2... I guess since right now is relevant to my question Can I ask..with respect of mods.. why two of these threads allowed bloggers that are not mainstream media.. I thought it was not allowed.

:moo: imho disclaimers.etc..

And perhaps his primary focus is to get a call out to all those people who * live under the bridge* within his readership to sign up and/or post here .. and cause our moderators more work during the holiday season?

ETA... I have always wondered why blogs are allowed on this thread and not on any others .. I thought msm but I see blogs here are posted as is on the JonBenet thread.

ETA 2... I guess since right now is relevant to my question Can I ask..with respect of mods.. why two of these threads allowed bloggers that are not mainstream media.. I thought it was not allowed.
Well, those who post here are a pretty amazing group. And for those "who live under the bridge"
and not "in the woods" probably won't enjoy themselves much here.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I've been following this case closely since the beginning and the one thing I still can`t figure out is why Wendi hated Dan so much. She told everyone that Dan treated her badly - what exactly did he do that was so terrible? I read portions of her self-published, autobiographical novel and all I got was that everything the husband did irritated and annoyed his wife - from giving her a silly-but-endearing pet name to not being tall enough.

The grandparents wanted grandchildren so a man was sought. It's obvious, jmo, that only one person took the marriage seriously.

Tip toeing because sometimes the apple cart is (conspicuously ) timed, to be knocked down...imo, speculation.
:computer:

Just noting that abbreviations are commonly used here, ie. LE, IMO, KWIM, ECT., it is not uncommon for a poster to pop on and ask what a particular abbreviation means. A writer's name may happen to look like an abbreviated word to someone who does not regularly follow the thread.
It probably was an earnest question with nothing deeper meant, or mean about it.
Imo,Speculation.

to me this article is just about semantics. maybe they were misquoted, but that doesn't prove that the prosecution things WA had nothing to do w it....

Semantics..
What a lawyer in a case says and what they believe, can be two very different things, imo.

to me this article is just about semantics. maybe they were misquoted, but that doesn't prove that the prosecution things WA had nothing to do w it....

I agree.

If Rivera was directly quoted, it needs to be considered that he may not know the difference between "on behalf of" and "on the part of".

Many people get the 2 phrases confused.
On the part of would mean WA herself placed the order.
On behalf of would mean someone else

This post goes out to all the readers and posters at Websleuths.

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/12/the-dan-markel-case-watch-your-words-about-wendi-adelson/[/QUOTE]

Following is a link to WA's interview on ABC on YouTube.
[video=youtube;JE_ZPziCyOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_ZPziCyOY[/video]
It has had 10,266 views. How many more watched it on TV?
YouTube has numerous videos about the case, WA mentioned in each one, watched by thousands of people. Multiple newspapers have written articles, published physically and online. Sooner or later the NYT will do a piece, since DM had a recent interim teaching position at NYU. Also NYT had published their wedding announcement years ago.
She has appeared on TV in the past on a game show and FSU is requiring all incoming (freshman or 1st year law students, I don't remember which) to read her book.

Would it be a long shot call her a public figure to some extent?

What about, in combination with the fact that she was the wife of the victim and sister and daughter to the suspects, which as I understand it, deprives the right of a person who is involved in a high profile crime to sue for defamation, even if their innocence is later established. In this case she would be considered an “involuntary” public figure, I think.
I did search for something more that would give a clear definition of public figure, but it seems nebulous, at best.

But if WA and her lawyer are itching to sue somebody their most important consideration should be in my opinion,
“The Streisand Effect” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

If WA's lawyer is truly concerned for his client’s welfare then he will have warned her about
The Streisand Effect.

If, in fact, notoriety as a result of her association with murder is her concern, and not just retribution, a lawsuit against non-professionals who are simply discussing and trying like hell to understand how people can commit such horrific crimes would only increase her exposure and she should expect that soon her ABC interview would have 1,000,000 viewers. Her name could easily be spread to Europe and Australia since many of WebSleuth’s members are in those locations.
There really is no limit to the negative publicity that would be generated

Instead, why doesn't she write a book and explain the many inconsistencies and "coincidences" that surround the case.
I do not have time to list them, but her boyfriend’s statement “that WA knew CA was looking for a hitman” stands out.
(If she wants to sue, why not him? Well then, I guess it is true.)

She is the one that said, "it is always the wife", not a member of WebSleuths.

You're right about semantics: believing something and having evidence are two very different things.

*LR stated he believed something;
*Prosecutor stated 'I have no evidence to confirm the truth of that belief';
*Prosecutor did NOT state 'I have evidence indicating the belief is false'.
Therefore it's an error to conclude "the prosecution does not believe it".

If WA had, from the beginning, been fully cooperating with LE in their investigation of the murder of her ex husband/father of her children, then one might expect a statement from the prosecution that they don't believe she is involved. But as long as she's apparently refusing to talk to LE, it's entirely natural to assume she's hiding something.

She also told LE that she will meet them the next day after the funeral. But then hits the road the next day and told them to contact her lawyer or something.

So of course speculation would soon follow.

That is why guilty people don't sue for slander !!

About Lat’s insistence that Wendi wouldn’t have written and podcasted about Dan’s death if she was involved - most people would have the grace and humanity not to joke about their ex-spouse’s brutal murder in a writing workshop, unless they were trying to outgame people and use it as some sort of defense.

I've been following this case closely since the beginning and the one thing I still can`t figure out is why Wendi hated Dan so much. She told everyone that Dan treated her badly - what exactly did he do that was so terrible? I read portions of her self-published, autobiographical novel and all I got was that everything the husband did irritated and annoyed his wife - from giving her a silly-but-endearing pet name to not being tall enough.
When
they met he was a law professor harvard law grad, she was a law student at univ of miami. He got her the soughtafter job of a clinical professor and director of a center at FSU, he promoted her career and wannabe novel on his well-read serious blog, she tagged along to conferneces (which is actually not common in legal academia) - how she met Lat for example, he was a great dad. He indeed had silly pet names. and was not super tall. and he suffered from back pain which annoyed her as well.

About Lat’s insistence that Wendi wouldn’t have written and podcasted about Dan’s death if she was involved - most people would have the grace and humanity not to joke about their ex-spouse’s brutal murder in a writing workshop, unless they were trying to outgame people and use it as some sort of defense.

Most people wouldn't change the last name of their innocent surviving children, either. WA is despicable for that act alone!!

The LE approached DA at the memorial service held the day after DM died (the actual funeral - which none of the Adelsons attended - was held in Toronto). The LE told DA he had a few questions for her family, but she said the timing was inappropriate and she would call him the next day to set up appointments. When she failed to call, the LE called WA's cell phone - WA told him the reception was poor and she hung up on him. A few minutes later, the LE got a call from a man who identified himself as WA's lawyer, informed him that the entire family was on its way to South Florida and would not be giving any interviews to the police. Since then, there has been no communication between the LE and any of the Adelsons.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Address.

Attachments

• address.jpg
    address.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 250
  • address 1.png
    address 1.png
    89 KB · Views: 248

very interesting. so KM's attorneys and CA's attorneys are located in the exact same city (Miami), in the exact same building (40 NW 3rd St), on the exact same floor (PH1). coincidence or conspiracy? hey Lat - what do you think of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman