GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about this. I'm not questioning the original poster, I'm just interested to know if this information is available for anyone to access? e.g., could I apply to the court to have this released to me? Do I need to have a good reason to have it? Or can I just go online, click a box, pay a fee and download what I want?

I'm really not familiar with courts and legal process at all, hence the question.

Thank you to reallybusy for providing the info. Also for the respectful and well thought out conversations presented here. It makes a refreshing change from some of the threads I follow - they get absolutely ludicrous at times, not to mention rude and snarky.

~E

wow this is fascinating stuff. i'm only about 1/4 of the way through the transcript. so far, in my opinion -

1. GC is crisp, methodical, and lethal. LE testimony is crisp, methodical, and lethal.
2. KM's attorney got his *advertiser censored* handed to him by the judge over and over again. pretty much every one of his objections was overruled - and there were TONS of them. her other attorney has been silent.
3. KM's attorneys may be stooges for CA's defense, but i take solace in the fact that they are amateurs and are in way over their heads. if KM goes to trial she is toast.

I'm curious about this. I'm not questioning the original poster, I'm just interested to know if this information is available for anyone to access? e.g., could I apply to the court to have this released to me? Do I need to have a good reason to have it? Or can I just go online, click a box, pay a fee and download what I want?

I'm really not familiar with courts and legal process at all, hence the question.

Thank you to reallybusy for providing the info. Also for the respectful and well thought out conversations presented here. It makes a refreshing change from some of the threads I follow - they get absolutely ludicrous at times, not to mention rude and snarky.

~E

Thanks!

It's easy to do this. All information is public record. You don't need to register, just click a box and put your email down. The clerk of court will send in 7 days. It's free. Leon County is behind the times and its technology is antiquated. For example, in other counties, you can just download right then and there.

It's a very useful skill. Just go to Clerk of Courts website. Check it out!

Thank you to everyone posting here. I haven't followed this case closely (or even not closely).

It seems that so many people are "using" other people. What a shame that some people put their life desires ahead of others.
What a shame that those young kids lost their dad. :(

almost three years and the circus is still performing in this case :(

In all of this, and understanding that I haven't been following this case other than very loosely, has there been any explanation as to why killers from southern Florida would drive all the way to Tallahasse to kill a non-violent, non-drug-related professor?

...of course other than the obvious connection between KM (and her relationship with the "A" family) and the alleged killers? Is there an other viable motive??

Just askin'.

And, if the A's aren't involved, why aren't they visibly devastated that the father of their grandaugher/niece was violently murdered? Even if they didn't like him, that would pale in comparison, wouldn't it? Perhaps I missed their statements of sincere shock and condolence?

the questions/allegation/denial about offering KM immunity was strange. the very idea seemed to be treated with contempt by KM's attorney.

In all of this, and understanding that I haven't been following this case other than very loosely, has there been any explanation as to why killers from southern Florida would drive all the way to Tallahasse to kill a non-violent, non-drug-related professor?

...of course other than the obvious connection between KM (and her relationship with the "A" family) and the alleged killers? Is there an other viable motive??

Just askin'.

And, if the A's aren't involved, why aren't they visibly devastated that the father of their grandaugher/niece was violently murdered? Even if they didn't like him, that would pale in comparison, wouldn't it? Perhaps I missed their statements of sincere shock and condolence?

Yeah, same things I have been asking. And what will more than likely sink the As, should this go to trial against any of them. The fact that the killers, assuming Rivera is telling the truth, have no reason to do this other than their proven connection to the As. And the fact that the behavior of the As points to their wanting Dan out of their lives...and his murder being very convenient for their achieving their goals.

It really would be quite incredible if there were another explanation for it. It seems so simple and so clear. Time will tell.

Dan deserves justice. His children deserve that too. His life was stolen from him. Those who set this in motion must answer for it. Rivera and Garcia had no reason to murder Dan on their own, at least not that anyone has explained. They, and KM, cannot be the only ones to answer for this. Someone wanted Dan dead. Some of us (many of us) know who that was. I hope Dan gets the justice he deserves.

the questions/allegation/denial about offering KM immunity was strange. the very idea seemed to be treated with contempt by KM's attorney.
Yeah, I noticed that too. If her bond hearing is any indication of how her trial will go I'd say her goose is cooked. I would guess KM's attorney's will request a change of venue, but probably won't get it. There is a lot to extract from the transcript, I would look forward to what others here think about it.
On a positive note it seems they found a gun.

Yeah, I noticed that too. If her bond hearing is any indication of how her trial will go I'd say her goose is cooked. I would guess KM's attorney's will request a change of venue, but probably won't get it. There is a lot to extract from the transcript, I would look forward to what others here think about it.
On a positive note it seems they found a gun.

1. good point about the change in venue. KM's attorneys would probably love to move it to Miami and get an "ethnic" jury and/or judge as opposed to a "hillbilly" one. i doubt they'll get it. this has been a state-wide if not national or even international news story so IMO a change of venue will not make it any more of a fair trial.
2. i believe LE found A gun but not THE gun.

From what I can gather, before her arrest or just afterwards, the state's attorney offered KM immunity from prosecution in exchange for her testimony - and KM turned it down. She is now facing first-degree murder charges and the possibility of spending the rest of her life behind bars. So I have to wonder - did someone advise her to turn it down and if so, who? Her lawyers? What was their reasoning? Did they fully disclose to KM the risk she was taking? Or did KM make this decision on her own, out of misplaced loyalty, perhaps?

From what I can gather, before her arrest or just afterwards, the state's attorney offered KM immunity from prosecution in exchange for her testimony - and KM turned it down. She is now facing first-degree murder charges and the possibility of spending the rest of her life behind bars. So I have to wonder - did someone advise her to turn it down and if so, who? Her lawyers? What was their reasoning? Did they fully disclose to KM the risk she was taking? Or did KM make this decision on her own, out of misplaced loyalty, perhaps?

You have just articulated the million dollar question. I'm so curious for the answer to it.

2. i believe LE found A gun but not THE gun.
Why do you think they didn't find the gun? Your gut or something in the transcript?
I kinda think that LE believes it found the gun . My reasoning is if they were in any way not sure they would have kept looking. Because it is high profile case,(in Florida anyway) the state seems to be spending a lot of time and money on it.
I was surprised to find out that they had surveillance on KM's residence for eight month's! I wonder if it were only a camera or like in the movie's where an officer actually had to sit in an unmarked vehicle the whole time?

Why do you think they didn't find the gun? Your gut or something in the transcript?
I kinda think that LE believes it found the gun . My reasoning is if they were in any way not sure they would have kept looking. Because it is high profile case,(in Florida anyway) the state seems to be spending a lot of time and money on it.
I was surprised to find out that they had surveillance on KM's residence for eight month's! I wonder if it were only a camera or like in the movie's where an officer actually had to sit in an unmarked vehicle the whole time?

Was stated at bond hearing for KM. LE stated they were still looking.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 11.53.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 11.53.03 AM.png
    97 KB · Views: 287

IMO -

1. it's not clear to me from the transcript that KM was offered a legitimate immunity deal from the state. her attorney alleged that she was offered immunity from the LE investigator yet the LE investigator denied it. and the LE investigator had stated that he's not the one that could offer those deals (implying they would have to come from GC's office). so it's strange because KM's attorney said it was offered via text so there is written proof of the offer. and it couldn't have been some kind of misguided bluff by LE because the offer was allegedly texted to her attorney! it's also strange that this topic was not further pursued/discussed at the hearing.
2. i personally don't believe a legitimate immunity offer was made to KM. i don't believe GC would give away the store - and so quickly.
3. IF a legitimate immunity offer was made to KM and she refused - i have to question whether her attorneys are acting in her best interest or are they acting as puppets for CA's attorney and giving her bad advice in order to protect his client. i think she can be easily manipulated by her attorneys.

Just askin'.

This article goes a little more into the heart of the matter.imo.
Also, in response to another post, within the article is a comment about the gun.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-fsu-slain-professor-divorce-20160714-story.html
July 16 2016
Rebeca Piccardo
Adelson said she was stuck in a "hostile work environment" at the law school, where she had to face her colleagues after Markel told them she had mental health issues and stole from him.
"She is divorcing the husband due to her unhappiness with him and the marriage and she only moved out because she knew he would not," according to a court document filed on her behalf. "He simply is having difficulty accepting her decision."
Markel challenged the motion, saying it was "vague, filled with rank and obvious falsehoods, and the legal analysis is fundamentally inept."
Tallahassee was the only home his sons had ever known, he argued, and he was an integral part of their lives. Because of his flexible teaching schedule, he took his sons to doctor's appointments, cooked for them, bathed them and even visited their preschool for "circle time" and meals.
"There is no need for the children to be uprooted so that they can have a closer relationship with their maternal grandparents," stated court documents filed on Markel's behalf.
He accused his "affluent" in-laws of "bankrolling" her litigation so that they could enjoy easier access to the grandchildren.
A Leon County circuit judge denied Adelson's request to leave, stating that she could not prove the move would be in the best interests of the children

The informant told investigators Rivera had a silver-colored short-barrel revolver with him when they met in June 2014. Investigators did not recover the murder weapon, but a revolver matches the bullet casing found at the scene, according to court records.

IMO -

1. it's not clear to me from the transcript that KM was offered a legitimate immunity deal from the state. her attorney alleged that she was offered immunity from the LE investigator yet the LE investigator denied it. and the LE investigator had stated that he's not the one that could offer those deals (implying they would have to come from GC's office). so it's strange because KM's attorney said it was offered via text so there is written proof of the offer. and it couldn't have been some kind of misguided bluff by LE because the offer was allegedly texted to her attorney! it's also strange that this topic was not further pursued/discussed at the hearing.
2. i personally don't believe a legitimate immunity offer was made to KM. i don't believe GC would give away the store - and so quickly.
3. IF a legitimate immunity offer was made to KM and she refused - i have to question whether her attorneys are acting in her best interest or are they acting as puppets for CA's attorney and giving her bad advice in order to protect his client. i think she can be easily manipulated by her attorneys.

Rbbm.
Thinking that she can easily manipulate them and others too, imo.
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Wom...ssors-murder-pleads-not-guilty-405017175.html
attachment.php

They're trying to break her, but Katie has maintained her innocence since day one, so what the state want's is for her to basically lie to them," said Kawass Prosecutor Georgia Cappleman says they would still strike a deal with her, "I would love to hear what she has to say."

Gimme a bigger chest too! imo speculation.
Over the next 16 months, Magbanua's bank accounts ballooned by more than $56,000, mostly because of cash deposits.

Meanwhile, investigators said Charlie Adelson did all he could to keep Magbanua happy.
She drove a 2001 Lexus formerly belonging to Harvey Adelson and then bought it at a bargain price. In April of this year, Charlie Adelson bought Garcia a GoPro camera for his birthday, but Magbanua said he should have given him his Ferrari. Charlie Adelson also offered to sell Magbanua his 18-foot bay boat. He later offered her his Range Rover, titled in Harvey Adelson's name.

Attachments

• 9cb25a29e59548938542f17c67c7ea6f.jpg
    9cb25a29e59548938542f17c67c7ea6f.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 281
is it possible that KM's attorneys are telling her something like this? -

1. no need to cut deal! we will get you off if this even goes to trial! the state has no case and they know it!
2. all of your legal fees are being taken care of for the life of this case.
3. we were given a message to pass on to you that someone has created a $1M secret revocable trust in your name that will be yours immediately upon release under the condition that you do not plead guilty. we have confirmed the account for you and have the documents here.
4. if you do cut a deal, you will be personally throwing away the lives of at least 3-5 other people - including your own children's father. do you really want to do that? can you live with that? you will forever be known as a convicted murderer. is that what you want? especially when it doesn't have to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member