GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so sad and so wrong, no son and no grandsons. My heart goes out to the Markel family.
Justice now!
imo.
From the link.

I am heartbroken for the Markel family. Unbelievably outrageous that KM hasn't gone to trial yet! Rich people can get away with murder in the USA. Hope the Adelsons are punished in some way for their monstrous evil deeds.

Some states have different views on grandparent visitations and can get tricky.

This reminded me of the Jody Rilee-Wilson case in Oklahoma. Her poor parents had to play nice with the Wilson family to have any hope of seeing their grandchild. Many years later (8?) Jody's husband and mother-in-law have finally been charged and are awaiting trial. I'm going to have to check out that thread again! Sometimes life just sucks. :gaah:

IMO - KM's lawyers communicated a message something like this to her very early on -

"We have a message from a mutual friend - 'Keep your mouth shut, go to trial with my lawyers and win, and when it's all over you'll get paid a million dollars in cash.'"

i believe that several of the alleged conspirators' defense attorneys are in cahoots with the goal to protect the alleged mastermind(s) with various conflicts of interest possibly worthy of disbarments that will unfortunately never happen.

Your explanation makes perfect sense.

How fortunate, rare and coincidental for both SG and KM to have kindly and mysterious benefactors willing to fund legal teams to the tune of several millions dollars. Both defendants have been declared indigent and yet they somehow have friends with limitless resources who are willing to fund their defense with no hope of ever being paid back. (I wonder why these wealthy friends didn’t provide cushy jobs for KM and SG so they wouldn’t have to resort to criminal enterprises.)

What possibly could be the motivation of these wealthy, kindly benefactors?

Perhaps these benefactors know that if KM and SG are not acquitted, none of their own money will save them. Is it possible that these friends of SG and KM have a selfish motivation for funding their defense?

Has KM realized that whether or not she is found guilty in a criminal court, every penny she ever touches will evaporate during the civil lawsuit?

Is there no ability of LE to pursue the source of funding as part of a criminal conspiracy? Can the attorneys encouraging KM to go to trial (after they finish 150 depositions) argue that they are acting in her best interest when she could be free immediately?

Is Occam’s Razor suspended in Tallahassee?

Instead of delivering a lesson regarding punishment for a heinous crime, this case will become a primer for the wealthy wanting to manipulate the justice system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money AND stupidity.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I certainly doubt she's clever, sophisticated and confident about how to navigate the legal system and to know what her best move is. I imagine she's just doing exactly what she's been told to do by her lawyers. Is she in a position to argue with them and tell them what to do?

She must have been considered completely loyal, and sworn to never betray her men, for her to have been trusted to arrange the assassination. She did it for a relatively small amount of money and a used car, as far as we know, I don't think she'd expect a million dollars for silence. She might also be afraid of what would happen to her or her family if she betrays the A's. For example, they might have to go into the witness protection program.

Perhaps the delayed court date will give prosecutors more leverage to pry it out of her.

Would this be the same SA as the one often referenced here?
rbbm
Who Are the World's Richest Jews?

TheMarker published an analysis of the world's richest Jews, ranking them by sector and industry.
TheMarker, Dafna Maor and Ronit Domke 14.04.2010
read more: https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/2.209/who-are-the-world-s-richest-jews-1.284252
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Businessman Sheldon Adelson, Russian mogul Roman Abramovich and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg rank among the world's richest Jews, according a new survey published by TheMarker.

The financial newspaper on Wednesday published an analysis of the world's richest Jews, ranking them by sector and industry and based on their standing on Forbes' list of the world's richest people.

I certainly doubt she's clever, sophisticated and confident about how to navigate the legal system and to know what her best move is. I imagine she's just doing exactly what she's been told to do by her lawyers. Is she in a position to argue with them and tell them what to do?

She must have been considered completely loyal, and sworn to never betray her men, for her to have been trusted to arrange the assassination. She did it for a relatively small amount of money and a used car, as far as we know, I don't think she'd expect a million dollars for silence. She might also be afraid of what would happen to her or her family if she betrays the A's. For example, they might have to go into the witness protection program.

Perhaps the delayed court date will give prosecutors more leverage to pry it out of her.

CA has to be counting his lucky stars that she is in jail and not out on the a street as she was already suggesting to CA about upgrades. A better car, a gift for SG. Quite honestly, I doubt it would have ended there. CA would have to hired someone to "take care" of her. And not in a good way.

So perhaps the stupid one was CA thinking he could eliminate the problem. But his biggest problem is
that he is soulless.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The thing about blackmailers is, once they get paid, they always want more.

Motion to Modify Sentence

Rule 3.800 of the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedures allows for certain modifications to sentencing after an individual is convicted and sentenced. These modifications may include corrections to the sentence, or reduction in the sentence. In order to accomplish this there must be a motion to modify sentence.

Florida courts consider modifications to sentences if one or more conditions are met:

* The sentence contains an error.
* The defendant assists with a separate criminal case.
* Other circumstances, including the defendant’s age.

https://www.fightyourcase.com/practice-areas/motion-to-modify-sentence/

is it possible that KM's attorneys are telling her something like this? -

1. no need to cut deal! we will get you off if this even goes to trial! the state has no case and they know it!
2. all of your legal fees are being taken care of for the life of this case.
3. we were given a message to pass on to you that someone has created a $1M secret revocable trust in your name that will be yours immediately upon release under the condition that you do not plead guilty. we have confirmed the account for you and have the documents here.
4. if you do cut a deal, you will be personally throwing away the lives of at least 3-5 other people - including your own children's father. do you really want to do that? can you live with that? you will forever be known as a convicted murderer. is that what you want? especially when it doesn't have to be?

Ok I was hanging in there with you until #4. She could care less about anyone else than herself. Even her children, she gets cash for arranging a murder and uses if for boob jobs and vehicles. Not like she was setting up college funds and improving life for her children. Sorry I can't fathom how people think this woman as a heart or a conscience. She is a narcissistic psychopath. Without feelings or empathy for others.

Ok I was hanging in there with you until #4. She could care less about anyone else than herself. Even her children, she gets cash for arranging a murder and uses if for boob jobs and vehicles. Not like she was setting up college funds and improving life for her children. Sorry I can't fathom how people think this woman as a heart or a conscience. She is a narcissistic psychopath. Without feelings or empathy for others.

And now she's going to stay in there because she possibly is promised more money. Is her attorney confirming this to her? Where is her conscience?

IMO -

i was simply suggesting her attorneys' alleged possible multipronged sales pitch at the behest of a third party. what specific piece(s) that KM found attractive in that sales pitch is another story. i'm sure if they did pitch her, they threw the kitchen sink at her and tried to appeal to every one of her emotions - greed, fear, love, etc. which one(s) hit the mark we don't know but if there was a pitch it obviously worked. is money KM's primary motivator? i would not disagree with that. but there are also probably secondary motivators.

IMO -

i was simply suggesting her attorneys' alleged possible multipronged sales pitch at the behest of a third party. what specific piece(s) that KM found attractive in that sales pitch is another story. i'm sure if they did pitch her, they threw the kitchen sink at her and tried to appeal to every one of her emotions - greed, fear, love, etc. which one(s) hit the mark we don't know but if there was a pitch it obviously worked. is money KM's primary motivator? i would not disagree with that. but there are also probably secondary motivators.

I get where you are going, but there have been a lot of comments about how she will want out for her children's sake that kind of thing, and everyone is entitled to her opinion -- I grant that. But I don't see her that way. Her kids are way down on the list, might be a reason she uses, uses her children, but not a primary motivator.

This is much a murderer as an accessory, and an arranger, all premeditated. Yeah the mother in her misses her kids, but she forsake them when she chose to do an immoral act that also took those children from their father.

IMO - KM and CA are in constant secret communication under the protection of attorney-client privilege. unethical? -

KM<--->KM's Attorneys<--->CA's Attorney<--->CA

I get where you are going, but there have been a lot of comments about how she will want out for her children's sake that kind of thing, and everyone is entitled to her opinion -- I grant that. But I don't see her that way. Her kids are way down on the list, might be a reason she uses, uses her children, but not a primary motivator.

This is much a murderer as an accessory, and an arranger, all premeditated. Yeah the mother in her misses her kids, but she forsake them when she chose to do an immoral act that also took those children from their father.

KM has been offered full immunity. She could get out of jail very soon if she agreed to take the state's offer. It's an unbelievably good deal for someone against whom there appears to be very strong evidence of involvement in a murder plot. The notion that she rejected that deal in the hope that she would instead go to trial, be found not guilty, and then collect some secret payout from the As, seems highly implausible. The only reason I can come up with why she is rejecting the immunity deal is that it would require her to testify against SG -- her ex, and the father of her kids -- and she's just not willing to do that, especially because it might result in him getting the death penalty, i.e., killing her kids' dad.

KM has been offered full immunity. She could get out of jail very soon if she agreed to take the state's offer. It's an unbelievably good deal for someone against whom there appears to be very strong evidence of involvement in a murder plot. The notion that she rejected that deal in the hope that she would instead go to trial, be found not guilty, and then collect some secret payout from the As, seems highly implausible. The only reason I can come up with why she is rejecting the immunity deal is that it would require her to testify against SG -- her ex, and the father of her kids -- and she's just not willing to do that, especially because it might result in him getting the death penalty, i.e., killing her kids' dad.

Of course I presume she'll be found guilty. Then she will never see her children. So what's more important, her children or her children's father? Does she EVER think of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3