GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how long has it taken Leon County to email you court documents in the past? i see it can take up to 7 business days but i'm anxious to read that Motion.

It varies, but it's not quick. Count on the 7 business days.

It varies, but it's not quick. Count on the 7 business days.

why don't you register for the free instant "On Demand" access? i'd do it myself but i don't need two bumbling hitmen to come looking for me. :laughing:

DM was a smart guy. i bet in those brief final moments in his garage when he suddenly saw that gun pointed at him, he knew exactly who was behind it.

Yes HER!!!! I probably should have lowercased it but she thinks more of herself than she is worth and I only care about Dan!!!

reminds me of this case -

According to the forensic evidence, at Joe's request, Lucy hired her two uncles and another man to kill Julie Snodgrass. Since Joe worked for the office of special investigations, he asked his wife, Julie, to help him with one of his cases. He asked her to drive off-base and make a payment to an informant. Julie did what her husband asked, but when she got to the off-base destination, she realized she had been set up, and she knew who was behind it. While she was being stabbed to death, Julie Snodgrass cried out...in English..."I hate you, Joe. I hate you, Joe."

Forensic Files - Shear Luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JT0xhK5Cjo

The Dan Markel Murder Case — Defense Attorneys Dismiss It All As Fake News
By JOE PATRICE

That a pair of career criminals would drive hundreds of miles to assassinate a law professor who just happens to be involved in a dispute with the employers of the gunman’s girlfriend? What random happenstance! Yes, that does sound like a soap opera. Or at least an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. And yet DeCoste contends it’s the idea that there may be a connection that is “preposterous” and “wholly unreliable.”

http://abovethelaw.com/2017/02/the-...efense-attorneys-dismiss-it-all-as-fake-news/

Would DeCoste be so vocal, calling the idea that there may be a connection, “preposterous” and “wholly unreliable”, if they were just waiting on the best deal for Magbanua, as some have maintained, who would then say the connection is real?

If she accepts a plea deal and confesses to something that even her attorney thinks is “preposterous” and “wholly unreliable”, why would anyone believe her? Why would a jury believe her?

It seems that the A’s defense team could then use his statements to cast doubt on the truth of Magbanua’s confession. It almost sounds like he is working for the defense to undermine a possible future confession
Or maybe this is not admissible or something? I need to watch more TV

Would DeCoste be so vocal, calling the idea that there may be a connection, “preposterous” and “wholly unreliable”, if they were just waiting on the best deal for Magbanua, as some have maintained, who would then say the connection is real?

If she accepts a plea deal and confesses to something that even her attorney thinks is “preposterous” and “wholly unreliable”, why would anyone believe her? Why would a jury believe her?

It seems that the A’s defense team could then use his statements to cast doubt on the truth of Magbanua’s confession. It almost sounds like he is working for the defense to undermine a possible future confession
Or maybe this is not admissible or something? I need to watch more TV

Defense attorneys are always saying things like that. Everybody realizes that they're just grandstanding and posturing on behalf of their client.

Defense attorneys are always saying things like that. Everybody realizes that they're just grandstanding and posturing on behalf of their client.

Art school does not prepare one for the world of taxes and law

o/t
Needs more cowbell.
[video=youtube;HcLDzcmkSqI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcLDzcmkSqI[/video]

The Idiot’s Guide to hiding bribes

Method one: Cash

While there are all sorts of complex ways to hide the flow of money one of the most untraceable is still cash. It’s a lesson drug dealers learned many years ago, if you can get hold of cash in the first place there is no record of where that cash has gone. The tricky part is the quantity required and generating that cash in the first place, especially when dealing with large amounts, but other than in the unlikely event the cash is marked, or the serial numbers have been logged then the cash is virtually untraceable. The way most bribes are still paid is in wads or briefcases full of cash.

https://armourersfaith.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/the-idiots-guide-to-hiding-bribes/

The docket in KM's case indicates that today the court issued an order to show cause. It's impossible to know for sure without seeing the document itself, but my best guess is that the court is ordering her attorneys to respond to the state's motion for an inquiry about the potential conflict of interest involving the source of KM's attorneys' fees.

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...p?report=full_view&caseid=0&jiscaseid=1129969

The docket in KM's case indicates that today the court issued an order to show cause. It's impossible to know for sure without seeing the document itself, but my best guess is that the court is ordering her attorneys to respond to the state's motion for an inquiry about the potential conflict of interest involving the source of KM's attorneys' fees.

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...p?report=full_view&caseid=0&jiscaseid=1129969

agreed. nice catch! i think we already know their response - "immediate family" is paying the legal fees. but who if anyone is paying the immediate family? i would not be surprised if some briefcases full of cash has changed hands. desperate people do desperate things. the forensic accountants are going to have to dig deep on this one.

"Oh! What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!"

In the current climate, lawyers have to be extremely careful regarding the origin of their fees, cautions Martin Weinberg, of the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys. "Too many lawyers simply believe that all of their relations to their clients are privileged, whereas in fact the courts have carved out financial transactions as a largely unprivileged domain and therefore susceptible to government subpoena."

To demonstrate a good faith effort, experts suggest that attorneys:

Demand verification of the origins of the fees, particularly if they are in the form of cash or money orders.

"Obviously, if a kid comes into your office charged with drug importation and dumps an attache case with your $500,000 fee, alarm bells go off," said Krieger. "But if he gives you a check from Grandma? It's reasonable to say, give me some kind of proof of where the money came from. If Grandma just mortgaged the house, give me that information. If you borrowed it from a lender, give me that information. If they say it's an inheritance or won it on the lottery, give me proof."

http://www.lexisone.com/balancing/articles/lw020004a.html

i bet in those brief final moments in his garage when he suddenly saw that gun pointed at him, he knew exactly who was behind it.

I seem to remember he was shot on the side of his head, not face, so maybe he didn't even see someone pointing a gun at him? But it's possible when he saw someone on his driveway he was alarmed.

I think it's highly unlikely that Wendi was unaware of the hitman plot by her family, whether or not she participated or not (I think she did).

One of the PCA documents included a portion of the coroner's report with a sketch of the entry wounds. DM was shot in the left cheek and in between the eyes. It sickens me to imagine the sheer terror that DM experienced in his last few conscious moments. He was aware that someone he did not know was in his driveway. He told the person on the phone to hold on. He must have turned to see his killer, as he was shot through the window and struck in the cheek and directly between the eyes. The manner in which this innocent man was killed is nothing short of an atrocity. All responsible parties should experience the full consequences of their decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the problem with this taking so long, those two boys are with them and if DA is bad-mouthing their father to them, that is going to hurt them psychologically. They loved their father and know they are part of him. I hope Dan's parents and sister can become part of their life if Wendi is found innocent. They need to hear Dan's side. The Markels must be going crazy waiting on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne