GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DA would not have withheld calls. That would be an extremely serious discovery violation. I'm sure all phone records (including WA's) were turned over to the defendants in this case.[/QUOT
Ok. But what if no connection was made? Would that show on her records
I'm pretty sure your cell phone will store the number you call if you ring 2 or 3 times and hang up. Call a number you know that will not answer and you will see what I mean. It will register on calls out and even if you delete it...the number can be retrieved from the electronics of the phone itself with special software. The number may come up, private may come up if you hit *67 before dialing, etc.

Last edited:
Yes, it would be help this thread/discussion if people read the documents that were released awhile ago.

Good point! Perhaps a moderator can help us with that by making an attachment to all of them within the first post on the next thread? Usually, a new thread is made after 50 pages. I'm not sure the moderators have the list of them but perhaps we could all attach them so that they could do such?

I don't have access to them all at this time, just a couple of them.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/PC+Charlie+Adelson+Redacted.pdf

2016_CF_001581_SRPC_37848939.pdf - Google Drive
2016_CF_001581_SRPC_37848939.pdf

Last edited:
You aren't mis-remembering. I've
always wondered (and hoped) that perhaps Cappleman has withheld some of WA's calls that day to keep everyone in the dark. At the time, my thought was the only way KM could have known was through CA. And the only way that CA would have known is from someone who went by the crime scene-WA.

In the days before we didn't have to pay for long distance, I would call family and let the phone ring twice and then hang up. That was code for, "I made it home", thus saving myself long distance charges.

SO, my reasoning here is maybe WA did the same. Would there be an indication on her bill if she attempted a call but no one answered? Maybe there was a code- 2 rings means the deed has been done.

Or perhaps post something on Instagram or another social media. We have seen that on this case, and we saw it on the Teresa Sievers case also.

Why we are here

Source, screenshot 20/20 ABC2017 "in-laws and outlaws"

Beloved father, son, brother and friend

His children were his world
His family, friends and Community his pillars
His academic work his passion

His light shines so bright
That it will never be extinguished

Attachments

• 20190929_225613.jpg
    20190929_225613.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 17
After midnight the night before the shooting KM is in contact with SG and then also in contact with CA. CA is in contact with his mother after 1am. Hmm a grown periodontist chatting with his mom that late at night curious.
Right after call to mom (DA) he calls KM for 20 min.

Next morn CA talking to WA for 18 min starring abut 919 ish. Maybe about that darn TV.
From http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/PC+Charlie+Adelson+Redacted.pdf

I wonder if the flurry of contacts that evening was after he put the owl on an Instagram and MG contacted him to take it down. Do we have documentation of when the owl was put up on Instagram, and of her calling him to do that and how did she contact him?

Tuto= Garcia nick for an owl= pic of an owl that Rivera posted on Instagram the night before murder=Wendi shirt with owl the next day

What coincidences, no one ever said. Just needing to connect the dots.

Unfortunately, could this be like other cases such as Casey Anthony where we saw so much posted on SM that never got into the trial?. And all of these things may never get into the trial as they are too prejudicial?

But hopefully, it makes law enforcement and others dig deeper because they know it points to the truth? M o o

Last edited:
wait what owl shirt was wendi wearing i missed this
I wonder if the flurry of contacts that evening was after he put the owl on an Instagram and MG contacted him to take it down. Do we have documentation of when the owl was put up on Instagram, and of her calling him to do that and how did she contact him?

Tuto= Garcia nick for an owl= pic of an owl that Rivera posted on Instagram the night before murder=Wendi shirt with owl the next day

What coincidences, no one ever said. Just needing to connect the dots.

Unfortunately, could this be like other cases such as Casey Anthony where we saw so much posted on SM that never got into the trial?. And all of these things may never get into the trial as they are too prejudicial?

But hopefully, it makes law enforcement and others dig deeper because they know it points to the truth? M o o

This again makes me shudder and be so mad at people like David Lat who have declared their blind belief that charlie, donna and harvey were all in on it but wendi was not involved. how can they think that??
After midnight the night before the shooting KM is in contact with SG and then also in contact with CA. CA is in contact with his mother after 1am. Hmm a grown periodontist chatting with his mom that late at night curious.
Right after call to mom (DA) he calls KM for 20 min.

Next morn CA talking to WA for 18 min starring abut 919 ish. Maybe about that darn TV.
From http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/PC+Charlie+Adelson+Redacted.pdf

This again makes me shudder and be so mad at people like David Lat who have declared their blind belief that charlie, donna and harvey were all in on it but wendi was not involved. how can they think that??
IMO...WA is the principle player followed by CA/DA. She knew DM's schedule and exactly where he would be and where he was going at specific times of the day. How did LR know DM was leaving on a plane and had to get the job done immediately? I'm sure DM did not make a phone call to CA and let him know about that little tidbit.

All the flurries of calls are listed in the affidavit here. The Dan Markel Case: The Probable Cause Affidavit For Charlie Adelson

Donna and Charlie were exchanging calls within 15-20 minutes if the shooting (by 1115). Around 1130 Charlie and Katie are exchanging calls.
It's all very mysterious.
Who was in Tallahassee at the time of the Murder? SG, LR and WA. and SG and LR's lines of communication were turned off until 12:29pm. That only leaves one line of communication open from Tallahassee to South Florida. According to LR's interrogation KM already knew about the hit at 12:30pm before WA was contacted by Law Enforcement.

Last edited:
wait what owl shirt was wendi wearing i missed this

Rewatching the 20/20 special ‘In Laws and Outlaws’ which is on YouTube.

When Wendi was interviewed by police the day of the shooting what was she wearing? A T-shirt with an OWL on it.
View attachment 206864

*bump* @friendlyobserver for owl shirt Wendi was wearing day of murder with grey shorts and lunch at Mozaik that @Mariposa caught.

Tuto= Garcia nickname which is a meaning for an owl= pic of an owl that Rivera posted on Instagram the night before murder=Wendi shirt with owl the next day/day of murder

Moo

Source: 20/20 ABC

Attachments

• 20190929_193344.jpg
    20190929_193344.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 30
  • upload_2019-9-29_12-50-52.png
    upload_2019-9-29_12-50-52.png
    332.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
question: I seem to remember SG talked to two cellmates about committing the crime? is this admissible ? am i remembering correctly?

I looked back to posts mentioning of cell mates and this is a post that I found. One cellmate in reference to KM, another to SG

On Sept. 3, prosecutors filed an amended response to demand for discovery naming Amy L. Manka as a witness. She has a history of legal issues and was recently arrested for drug possession (links below). Entirely plausible that she was KM's cell mate at some point.

Four Dogs Dead in Alleged Poisoning at Wakulla Burglary

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Booking+Report+9-8-19.pdf

And this..

Another Garcia cellmate comes forward with information on Markel

Looks like jail life suits SG but not KM. Did they put in a req to talk prior to trial or is that fanciful fiction in my mind? And, if so, why would they do that? Maybe SG to tell her to cop a plea?!

IMO Wendi’s owl tee could well be just a weird coincidence but when I saw that it jumped out at me because of talk on here about how the prosecution mentioned one if the hit men posted an owl pic the night before the hit. My sense is records of the deleted post may will be used to support Rivera’s story and that Magbanua called Garcia to tell Rivera to delete it because they shouldn’t be using social media while on their mission.

From Rivera’s taped confession it sounds like he happened to see an owl in the hotel parking lot snapped a pic and put it in IG. If the owl was some secret symbol of the plot IMO he would have said so. JMO

IMO Wendi’s owl tee could well be just a weird coincidence but when I saw that it jumped out at me because of talk on here about how the prosecution mentioned one if the hit men posted an owl pic the night before the hit. My sense is records of the deleted post may will be used to support Rivera’s story and that Magbanua called Garcia to tell Rivera to delete it because they shouldn’t be using social media while on their mission.

From Rivera’s taped confession it sounds like he happened to see an owl in the hotel parking lot snapped a pic and put it in IG. If the owl was some secret symbol of the plot IMO he would have said so. JMO

Agree. Maybe they will ask him about that on the stand to remove all our suspicion, though. :)

Could someone have been monitoring emergency services radio transmissions with a scanner?

ETA: I'm not really sure how police scanners work but I do know there are people who enjoy monitoring these transmissions. I'm also not sure who would be monitoring this, but it would be an easy way to know there had been a shooting on Trescott Drive - within minutes of the call to 911 (even though they dragged their heels on this). Certainly this would have been broadcast on emergency services radio frequencies before any phone calls were made, that we are aware of anyway. In fact I think I remember the first police responder said he heard about the shooting over the radio and decided to head over that way.:

ETA#2: A quick search shows a hand held scanner for police/ambulance/fire etc. frequencies is about $80. Maybe Wendi bought one for this reason, heard the police/EMT talk...and thus knew when the shooting had happened.

Just something to ponder.

~E

All the flurries of calls are listed in the affidavit here. The Dan Markel Case: The Probable Cause Affidavit For Charlie Adelson

Donna and Charlie were exchanging calls within 15-20 minutes if the shooting (by 1115). Around 1130 Charlie and Katie are exchanging calls.
It's all very mysterious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members