GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Lacasse called it from the start and read the Adelsons like a book. He is a professor of clinical social work and has a lot of psychology training. Perfect preparation for interpreting this situation.

Even if you have nothing to hide and are absolutely telling the truth it’s still very stressful to be a witness especially testifying in a case where you know the defendant or you are or know the victim. Some people are not prepped at all and have no idea how it’s really going to be and some have unresolved feelings about the crimes and/or defendants and/or victims and that makes it hard as well to testify. And sometimes the State and/or the defense attorney’s are not kind.
It is tough...I was there once too. It seems like your saliva glands dry up and causes difficulty in answering questions. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I've been thinking about Jeff Lacasse and June Umchinda. You could see the sorrow in their faces - that look and feeling you have when you've been blown off by someone who you've invested so much time in and had such high hopes for the future. It maybe never goes away, that feeling of being used, of only if. Both now know the full circumstance, yet they still look sorrowful. I felt very bad for both of them. But, as someone who's been there, and with the hope that they might read this, my message to them is to be proud of who you are and thank the Lord that you escaped those mf'ers. They are scum. And, you are the light.
Beautiful post!!
JL must have been so hurt in particular. Beyond DM’s murder she is despicable for the way she treated him and makes me certain she has a narcissistic personality disorder.

Let’s hope. There is evidence against her for sure. I just don’t want to convince myself that they will be convicted and be heartbroken...
Even if she gets off...She has done 3 years. According to reports she was offered immunity to start and refused. She could have accepted and CA got indicted and acquitted and she would have got nothing for her deeds. Look at the bright side...If she gets off. They will indict CA win or lose without her. I think they have enough to arrest him right now. Cuff him before he sneaks away like cockroaches when you turn the light on.

Even if she gets off...She has done 3 years. According to reports she was offered immunity to start and refused. She could have accepted and CA got indicted and acquitted and she would have got nothing for her deeds. Look at the bright side...If she gets off. They will indict CA win or lose without her. I think they have enough to can him right now. Cuff him before he sneaks away like cockroaches when you turn the light on.
I think they do too! And I just so hope DA and WA join him too. I believe they will... I really think that is Cappleman’s end goal and it is in sight.

Jeff Lacasse called it from the start and read the Adelsons like a book. He is a professor of clinical social work and has a lot of psychology training. Perfect preparation for interpreting this situation.
And yet He stayed with her until she booted him. He should have turned the quacks in so the two children would have a real father and proper guidance right now. I don't trust anybody who were associated with them during that time frame. Leaving town the night before the murder and establishing a perfect alibi...knowing about the hitman comments in advance. Directing Law enforcement to CA rather than the whole complete family during his first interrogation. Admitted he hated DM based on the information available to him at the time

Last edited:
Crime scene tape for a downed tree? Lol. I think some of the questions she was not anticipating and winged the answers on the spot, which of course if you’re lying is not easy to come up with a credible answer always.
Yes, like the television repairman came to her house for a crack in her tv. She mentioned something about her kids throwing something at it. What exactly can he do to repair that? Just seemed suspect to me.

Before the trial, I just want to mention that I thought she was completely out of the loop on this. After listening to the testimony that I have heard, I can't say that anymore. Wonder what that jury thinks of her?

And yet He stayed with her until she booted him. He should have turned the quacks in so the two children would have a real father and proper guidance right now.
Well he did say she had that amazing sexuality....gag

I don't agree he should feel guilty for not warning Dan. Who would have thought ahead of time something so crazy and stranger than fiction would actually happen. I give him credit for telling the Tallahassee police right after the murder what he observed. If he was trying to get back with Wendi he could have conveniently forgot to mention the Charlie stuff.

Yes, like the television repairman came to her house for a crack in her tv. She mentioned something about her kids throwing something at it. What exactly can he do to repair that? Just seemed suspect to me.

Before the trial, I just want to mention that I thought she was completely out of the loop on this. After listening to the testimony that I have heard, I can't say that anymore. Wonder what that jury thinks of her?
I thought the same and no longer do either and lots of people on WS have mentioned the same. I haven’t read one post or comment elsewhere that found her credible so I’m hoping that the jury thinks the same way as we all seem to!

Gee, those poor kids won't know who they are if that happens. So sad for these boys.
Me too. They are born in 2009 and 2010 though I believe that I read somewhere so they will be able to remember their previous names (Adelson, maybe not Markel) and family they know now if that does happen, at least.

That's all they needed was LR to point the finger at KM, along with all of the other evidence they have at hand to put her in the can and seal her doom...Now if KM/SG either together or separately show some remorse and point the finger at the initiator(s) of this murder justice can truly be served. It's like the old adage says..."The truth will set you free." Although it may be many many years for SG.
This is why LR was so calm and not rattled on the stand...It's easy when you tell the truth. IMO. He may have been the trigger man...which doesn't make any difference. He was just as culpable...whether he did or did not. It's like DA Meggs stated: "sometimes you have to go to hell to get the devil" Looks like the State is willing to make a return trip so they can indict and bring to justice CA/WA and maybe others.
Agree, I don't think the jury has solid evidence that SG was the shooter. It may have very well been LR, but it doesn't really matter in my opinion. They both are responsible equally. They were both aware what was happening and were present. LR just happens to be the one to crack; so he got the deal. SG didn't; so he will have to suffer the fate that both should have. JMO

She just couldn’t help herself! Her family is probably pissed at her for the call and drive by - lol.
Pissed off at the call, the drive by, and telling JL, the tv repairman, and the police that CA joked about hiring a hitman to kill Danny. And isn’t it funny - Wendi accused CA of repeating himself - but Wendi tends repeat herself as well!

And yet He stayed with her until she booted him. He should have turned the quacks in so the two children would have a real father and proper guidance right now. I don't trust anybody who were associated with them during that time frame. Leaving town the night before the murder and establishing a perfect alibi...knowing about the hitman comments in advance. Directing Law enforcement to CA rather than the whole complete family during his first interrogation. Admitted he hated DM based on the information available to him at the time
Sometimes LOVE is truly blind, and hindsight is 20/20.

Apparently these borderline type women are great in bed. At least according to the standards of some men. I think the unpredictability is a turn on for some men. Hence why they stick around to tame or save these types of women. Men who are attracted to these types of women have their own emotional hangups imo.

Thanks for the tidbit about Lacasse’s profession. That makes sense. Borderline types usually look for caregivers. He seemed like a decent man, someone who had a strong moral compass. That’s why she picked him. He probably gave her a sense of stability. As did DM I’m sure. From what I saw on the stand, that woman is OFF.... very OFF! Why the heck would she tell police what her brother said and why the heck would she do a drive-by! Nuts!

Apparently these borderline type women are great in bed. At least according to the standards of some men. I think the unpredictability is a turn on for some men. Hence why they stick around to tame or save these types of women. Men who are attracted to these types of women have their own emotional hangups imo.

Thanks for the tidbit about Lacasse’s profession. That makes sense. Borderline types usually look for caregivers. He seemed like a decent man, someone who had a strong moral compass. That’s why she picked him. He probably gave her a sense of stability. As did DM I’m sure. From what I saw on the stand, that woman is OFF.... very OFF! Why the heck would she tell police what her brother said and why the heck would she do a drive-by! Nuts!
She mentioned it to JL previously so that was no secret and would have come up when they interrogated JL. That wasn't from the kindness of her heart. The drive by is like our fellow members have stated: "She just couldn't help herself." I think the drive by was a double check after the phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper