GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the alleged masterminds are on trial along with KM in the retrial, a lot of those excluded recordings will be admitted this time around. Not hearsay anymore.

Agree. And it's a huge nail in DA's coffin if she mentioned jail to the undercover FBI agent if he never mentioned anybody in jail to her during the bump.

Most people don't realize how extraordinarily rare it is for a defendant in a murder trial to take the stand. Here's an apropos quote from Jack Martin, a prominent criminal defense attorney in Atlanta:

“When the client testifies, it turns the case into whether the prosecution proved its case into whether the jury believes your client. Typically, you want the jury to answer the first question, not the second. A defendant who takes the stand has an almost impossible job."

In your spare time, you should watch defendant Tammy Moorer taking the stand in her own defense in the trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis. It is truly something to behold! :) (She was found guilty and sentenced to 30 years)

Watch Live: Defendant Tammy Moorer Takes the Stand in Kidnapping Trial

I’m a newbie member to this forum, although I’ve been lurking for years. I’m curious if anyone knows if KMs family who scraped their dollars together for her defense were present for this trial?

Good question. I didn't notice anyone there for either defendant, but the camera rarely panned to the gallery, so, hard to say. Just never saw her turn around and communicate with anyone.

I know this case is far from over, but I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone here.

As I was just reviewing all of the documents from this case that I have saved in the WS staff forum, I came across a post from 2017 about what a dream case this is for a moderator. Why? Because I have gotten to sleuth along with all of you. Y’all are some of the most respectful, intelligent, witty and caring people I’ve had the pleasure of sleuthing with...and this case has been playing out over YEARS. It’s truly been a pleasure and I couldn’t be more thrilled that y’all are in this one for the long haul.

Last edited:
I know this case is far from over, but I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone here.

As I was just reviewing all of the documents from this case that I have saved in the WS staff forum, I came across a post from 2017 about what a dream case this is for a moderator. Why? Because I have gotten to sleuth along with all of you. Y’all are some of the most respectful, intelligent, witty and caring people I’ve had the pleasure of sleuthing with...and this case has been playing out over YEARS. It’s truly been a pleasure and I couldn’t be more thrilled that y’all are in this one for the long haul.

Aw shucks..... :)

Good question. I have never heard.
Iirc the children were living with KM's brother and family, will see if i can find a link, if not-speculation, imo.
ETA cannot find above link right now, but did notice Prof. Daniel Markel's updated wiki page.
Dan Markel - Wikipedia
This page was last edited on 12 October 2019, at 02:29 (UTC).
ETA slight info.
Katherine Magbanua denied bond
"Brother of Magbanua Erik Magbanua said, "I think she's great I'm the god parent of both kids and she's done an outstanding job."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member