GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was really pretty when she was made up and even in the one picture of her that is probably her driver's license photo.

P.S. Not trying to be a grammar nazi, but I can't resist since it's so apropos.... it's "beck and call" not "peck and call" but "peck and call" seems quite right for CA!
I figured if anyone caught it, it would be you. (Smiley face)

Could SG decide to help the state out if they let KM off the hook? maybe he will tell the real story for her sake and the sake of their children..

IMO no way. KM has to flip since she is the link. And her deal, if any, won't be that sweet - not anymore. That ship sailed when she got on the stand and denied the conspiracy under oath.

Oh good one! I would pay 100K to the person that can prove that, wouldn't that be a blessing from God

This is an interesting read and might answer a few questions.

Was Wendi Adelson, Dan Markel's ex-wife, involved in the murder-for-hire plot?
Brian Leiter
University of Chicago Law School

snipped
And then, Wendi admits, she drove just after the murder by the crime scene (which was far from her house) and purchased a “buliet” vodka for a party.

Brian Leiter's Law School Reports

Interesting, thanks!
From link..
"Q: What evidence do you think sealed the first-degree murder conviction for Sigfredo Garcia?

A: I think it has to be Rivera. The jury found some credibility in him. I mentioned this last week: Somebody who was in the courtroom watching Rivera testify told me they felt the jury liked him. I thought "liked" was a peculiar term, but I think what that person was trying to convey was that the jury believed him.

Obviously, they did because there was just one person on the face of the planet who could put [Garcia] as the triggerman, and he did.

Q: Considering Garcia is facing life in prison or the death penalty, what's next for his defense attorneys?

A: Their job at this stage in the game is to try to get the jury to not recommend unanimously the death sentence be imposed by judge Hankinson. They're going to try and get them to come back with a life sentence.

Based on the proceedings, the first phase of sentencing is in the afternoon, so I don't think [Hankinson] is anticipating being there that long."

The company Cellbrite has a section for uncovering data via WhatsApp so I don't get why the police didn't use this technology since they used them for help in other data like the cell phones:How Accessing Data from WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook on Android OS Can Help Solve Cases Faster

I think this pertains to when law enforcement has the actual same physical phone in their possession that was used at the time of the target messages. I don't think they did but I'm not sure. I think they had to rely on cloud data only and not physical phones.

I watched the LR hour and a half confession of rambling about the crime. I think it was during this convo where LR tells the group that SG made a call right after the murder and said to KM " Its done" her reply according to him was " I know". Really? She knew that fast when it took 20 minutes for the paramedics to show up how in the world would KM have had this info that fast? I know bad news travels fast but not this fast people.. Noone seems to have questioned this comment. It is LR embellishing his story that KM ordered and knew about this crime. IMO its BS
I took it as him misremembering the time of the call. I think the evidence was that SG's first call after the homicide was to KM and that it happened at approx 12:30pm -- so that was an hour an a half after the homicide. JMO.

So weird because I've been re-watching Rivera's testimony and I like him too. I keep asking myself why I like him, lol.
I liked him too. And I was surprised at that. He seemed to be a no nonsense guy who took care of his children and who genuinely cared about SG. It was odd, how could he participate in a murder and yet still seem to have a moral code?? JMO.

Forgive me, but was KM ever attractive? Why would CA date an unattractive woman with 2 children, and a scary looking ex husband? (Especially when he had a bevy of gorgeous brunettes at his peck and call. CA had a plan and the only way he could carry it out was with KM's help.)
IMO: He needed his ex-brother-in-law whacked. SG, Solutions, Inc.
SG/KM may have been working together as a team all along and still lying about it. The relationship between CA/KM is all cover in a well planned hit job hatched a year or two in advance. SG didn't make very many mistakes. except for those pesky bus videos and a clear snap shot at the ATM, along with LR pointing the finger at him and also being involved with the bump note. Although I do not believe in the death penalty. I think it should be put on the table by the jury in this case to give these two smart a$$es something to think about for the next 15-20 years or less if they decide to wake up and come clean.

Rivera was in complete control on that stand. He wasn’t jumpy or nervous like Nobles. He was very still. He handled himself really well. The defense attys were so bad that they made him look good. He didn’t try to be something he’s not. We also have to remember that he’s been repeating these answers over and over. He knows exactly what’s expected and what will be asked.

He was compelling and likable. Idk how to explain it but I’m ashamed for liking him too!

IMO: He needed his ex-brother-in-law whacked. SG, Solutions, Inc.
SG/KM may have been working together as a team all along and still lying about it. The relationship between CA/KM is all cover in a well planned hit job hatched a year or two in advance. SG didn't make very many mistakes. except for those pesky bus videos and a clear snap shot at the ATM, along with LR pointing the finger at him and also being involved with the bump note. Although I do not believe in the death penalty. I think it should be put on the table by the jury in this case to give these two smart a$$es something to think about for the next 15-20 years or less if they decide to wake up and come clean.

it just goes to show you, you're only as good as your weakest link(s). no matter how smart you are or think you are - or how rich you are. you're only as good as the subcontractors who ultimately do the job. their sloppy mistakes become your mistakes and ultimately sink you. their stupidity becomes your stupidity. you're putting your entire life and your fate in their hands. when they go down, you go down. it all traces back.

"Any time you try to do the perfect crime, you got fifty ways you can *advertiser censored** up. If you think of twenty-five of them, then you're a genius... and you ain't no genius." - Teddy Lewis - "Body Heat"

Last edited:
Doesn't he share success with his poor wife so that she does not allegedly have to steal over a million bucks? speculation, imo.
Samantha-Chez-Magbanua-300x400.jpg

Samantha Chez-Magbanua (Broward County Jail)

The Dan Markel Case: A Helping Hand For Katherine Magbanua — From A Relative Accused Of Embezzlement?
" Katie Magbanua’s lawyers, Tara Kawass and Christopher DeCoste, claim that she’s been receiving financial help from her family on this front.

Could this include assistance from a sister-in-law — or sister outlaw, if law enforcement allegations are true? The Tallahassee Democrat reports:

Tallahassee detectives are investigating whether Dan Markel murder suspect Katherine Magbanua’s legal fees were being paid, at least in part, by her sister-in-law.

Samantha Chez-Magbanua, who is married to Katherine Magbanua’s brother, was arrested in March in South Florida on charges of embezzling $1.19 million from her employer. She faces charges of grand theft of over $100,000 after her arrest by the Plantation Police Department.
Well over $100,000, according to the police:
For 26 years, Samantha Magbanua worked for Quintana, Lopez, Donoghue & Gonzalez, a Plantation certified public accounting firm. Last September, the owners of the firm became suspicious that she had been stealing money from them when they noticed their general business account had been nearly depleted of funds over several years.

They “noticed hundreds of thousands of dollars had been wired out of the account by Samantha without their permission,” Plantation Police wrote in their report.

In all, 62 wire transfers by Samantha Magbanua were sent to a Miami spiritual healer, Caridad Herrera Cabello, totaling $611,230.

Surprising. One would expect a bunch of accountants to be more on top of their financial affairs.

And one can see why the police are wondering whether some of this money might have been diverted to Katie Magbanua’s legal defense. Six hundred grand seems like an awful lot to pay for spiritual healing."
Wow - can you imagine stealing that much until it’s discovered?! That’s crazy to me!

I think she was really pretty when she was made up and even in the one picture of her that is probably her driver's license photo.

P.S. Not trying to be a grammar nazi, but I can't resist since it's so apropos.... it's "beck and call" not "peck and call" but "peck and call" seems quite right for CA!
I think she’s pretty as well and he clearly has a type...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota