GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

Mentour Lawyer videos have been allowed in this discussion as he is a licensed attorney in the the state of Florida who does in-depth analysis of the ongoing trial.

As Harmony has stated, random youtube videos are not allowed except with specific approval by Tricia. To keep the thread on topic, please address any other questions in that regard via private message to me or another Admin or Moderator and we'll discuss them with Tricia.

Thanks.

This just posted by Florida Politics news outlet:

An HD 81 candidate with deep ties to family suspected of murdering Dan Markel

An HD 81 candidate with deep ties to family suspected of murdering Dan Markel
A young father was killed, and law enforcement knows how — and why.

by Peter Schorsch

Michael Weinstein, a lifelong friend and sometimes-lawyer of Charlie Adelson (suspected co-conspirator in the murder of Tallahassee law professor Dan Markel), announced last week that he is running for HD 81, the seat vacated by Rep. Tina Polsky.

Weinstein is the son of Peter Weinstein, a former chief judge and former state Senator, who also happens to be godfather to Wendi Adelson, Markel’s ex-wife.

Weinstein has appeared on “20/20” and other TV programs defending the Adelson family, saying that he was doing so not as their legal counsel, but as a friend. He would later appear to be listed as Charlie Adelson’s attorney in joint statements made by his family, denying their role in the 2014 murder of Markel.

He’s also represented Charlie Adelson in various minor infractions, such as driving 93 in a 45 zone.

To be fair, the Weinsteins aren’t the only example of political connectedness the Adelson family boasts.

For example, Charlie Adelson’s lawyer in an unrelated civil case is the sitting Mayor of Coral Springs, Scott Jonathan Brook.

Given the strong case State Attorney Jack Campbell and his team have presented, surely, these current and aspiring politicians are aware of the strong evidence relating to Charlie, Wendi and their parents, but are willing to align themselves nonetheless.

Who else among Florida’s political and legal elite is connected to the Adelson family? Praising of them or worse, protecting them?

One curiosity relates to the mystery Tallahassee judge that matriarch Donna Adelson referenced to Charlie Adelson in a May 2016 call captured on a wiretap:

“ … she [Wendi] and the judge [her boss] are talking. He had some stuff to tell her yesterday because evidently, he knows the judge in Tallahassee and he was giving her some information from that [the murder case]. He’s been very nice to her.”

There are multiple appointed South Florida judges who appear to remain friendly with the family. Maybe they don’t know what happened. Maybe they’re not guilty by association.

But you know who definitely knows? Who acted as an unpaid, voluntary go-between for Charlie Adelson and the lawyers representing convicted hit man Sigfredo Garcia and accused conspirator Katherine Magbanua?

Michael Weinstein.

He knows and seemingly doesn’t care.

A young father was killed, and law enforcement knows how — and why.

Our elected leaders — including those aspiring to be elected — should rally behind these officers to bring justice.

Innocent until proven guilty is a tenet of law, but does not require the elimination of good judgment, or the intentional miscarriage of justice, either.

Only a person who feels multiple, powerful connections protect their family can impede the investigation of her ex-husband’s murder, tell flagrant lies on the stand, and then say with smug confidence: “The state isn’t going to arrest me.”

The election of Michael Weinstein would no doubt bolster this type of confidence. It could further obstruct the future progress of a bill Sen. Jeff Brandes filed last year to create access to family courts for families like the Markels, who get cut off from visitation with children after a parent’s murder.

And, perhaps even worse, it could erode the type of confidence that voters in HD 81 deserve in the judgment of the person representing them.

The Markel case will likely bring additional arrests in the coming months, maybe even before the August primary or November election.

Perhaps voters in this district should watch carefully until then.

My hate grows stronger every day that she is allowed to be a free woman. Of course, the Floyd cause is good but what a humongous hypocrite she is.

I did not think it was possible I could hate WA any more than I already do.

I'd like to post her phone number online and start a change.org for her arrest.

Copied from Justice for Dan Facebook page. I also attached the WA Facebook post they are referencing below for those of you that do not have FB.
Justice for Dan
5/30/2020
Yesterday Wendi Adelson posted on FB a petition urging people to contact the DA in Minnesota and urge them to charge the police officers who killed George Floyd.

We agree with Wendi: in egregious cases with overwhelming evidence of guilt, people all over the country should contact local DAs and urge them to prosecute.

So let's get ready to borrow her tactic. Once Katie is convicted, we expect that State Attorney Jack Campbell will take the logical next step: charging Charlie and Donna Adelson. But if he hesitates, we may need to apply public pressure. Thank you, Wendi, for showing us the way.

Justice For Dan

Attachments

• WApostpetitionFloyd.png
    WApostpetitionFloyd.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 17
8F9EB624-1316-455E-B710-397396E07114.jpeg
@oviedo - just checking to see if the pretrial hearing on 6/2 is still a "go".

TIA! :)
PRETRIAL HEARING SET: (CANCELLED/REMOVED ON 04/14/2020 02:32:08 PM BY BAILEYTL) E-FILED: PRETRIAL HEARING SET: 06/02/2020 10:30AM /ROOM# 3A JIS
5/27/2020 407 CMCS CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE SET E-FILED: CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE SET: 08/04/2020 10:30AM /ROOM# 3a
https://cvweb.leonclerk.com/public/online_services/high_profile/high_profile.asp
It’s confusing so I pulled the notice and it’s on as a pre- trial hearing 6/2 and then a case management conference 8/4
@Niner

My hate grows stronger every day that she is allowed to be a free woman. Of course, the Floyd cause is good but what a humongous hypocrite she is.

I did not think it was possible I could hate WA any more than I already do.

I'd like to post her phone number online and start a change.org for her arrest.

Copied from Justice for Dan Facebook page. I also attached the WA Facebook post they are referencing below for those of you that do not have FB.
Justice for Dan
5/30/2020
Yesterday Wendi Adelson posted on FB a petition urging people to contact the DA in Minnesota and urge them to charge the police officers who killed George Floyd.

We agree with Wendi: in egregious cases with overwhelming evidence of guilt, people all over the country should contact local DAs and urge them to prosecute.

So let's get ready to borrow her tactic. Once Katie is convicted, we expect that State Attorney Jack Campbell will take the logical next step: charging Charlie and Donna Adelson. But if he hesitates, we may need to apply public pressure. Thank you, Wendi, for showing us the way.

Justice For Dan
BBM: It's not okay to kill ANYBODY, Wendi! Again, maybe she's clueless.

Tuesday, June 2nd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 10:30am ET) - FL – Daniel Eric Markel (41) (July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - for *Katherine Magbanua (32/now 35) (Garcia's wife) arrested (Oct. 2016) & charged with first-degree murder & 1 count conspiracy & 1 count solicitation of murder were brought together into one case on Tuesday (3/20/18). Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Murder for Hire hit man. They split a $100K payoff for murder KM has rejected several offers of immunity for her testimony.
Re-Trial was set to begin 4/13/20 has been continued, no new date as of 4/17/20.
Trial started on 9/23/19. Jury: 10 women & 2 men & 1 alternate (woman); was 2 alternates one (man) got sick & excused on 10/3/19. Jury Deliberations on 10/10/19: 4.5 hours. 10/11: 6.5 hours for guilty verdict on Garcia. Mistrial declared for Magbanua. (10-2 for guilty). Total 11 hours. Will remain in jail as a charged co-conspirator, and the State will try her case again.

Court info & trial from 9/23/19 thru 10/11/19 reference post #1546 here:
VERDICT WATCH - FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

10/17/19: Defense files witness list: Sigfredo Garcia.
10/22/19 Update: There are three legal options for Magbanua: Prosecutors can dismiss charges, they can offer a plea bargain Or head to a jury trial all over again. No plea deal, Next trial is April 13 with the same counsel for KM. Next are pretrial hearings on 3/17 and 4/9. Magbanua filed an application to be determined indigent (poor) for costs. She is asking for the Judicial Administration Commission to pay for her costs. If approved, then she could file motions for Court approval to hire experts, investigators, etc. - at the tax payers' expense.
1/23/20 Update: Defense motion for bail filed. Judge Hawkinson set a hearing for an hour for her pre-trial release motion on Feb 20 at 9 am. 1/31/20: Judge denies motion for bond. Judge Hawkinson set a hearing for an hour for her pre-trial release motion on Feb. 20 at 9 am. 2/2/20: No hearing - judge denied bond after scheduled hearing was set.
3/17/20 Update: Pretrial hearing has been moved to 4/21 and pretrial hearing on 4/9 cancelled. Trial on 4/13 has been continued, but no new trial date yet. 4/14/20 Update: Due to the coronavirus pretrial hearing on 4/21 has been rescheduled to 6/2. And Case management hearing on 8/4.

Accomplices:
*Sigfredo Garcia (34) – 10/10/19: found guilty of 1st degree murder. Guilty of conspiracy. Not guilty of solicitation. Sentenced to LWOP for murder plus 30 years for conspiracy charge. 11/4/19: Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Mauricio Padilla; Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Saam Zangeneh
*Luis Rivera (33) charged with 1st degree murder. Took a plea deal (Oct. 2016) & plead guilty to 2nd degree murder. Will testify against Garcia & Magbanua. Will receive 19-year sentence to run concurrently with his 12 year Federal time, which he is already serving.

POIs: Wendi Adelson (ex-wife of Markel), her bro Charlie, mom Donna Sue Adelson (68) & father Harvey Adelson. Investigators have not charged anyone in the Adelson family in connection with Markel’s death, but say Adelson’s mother and brother – Donna and Charlie Adelson – paid $100,000 to have Markel killed following the couple’s contentious divorce so their two young sons could move to South Florida.

RETRIAL HEARING SET: (CANCELLED/REMOVED ON 04/14/2020 02:32:08 PM BY BAILEYTL) E-FILED: PRETRIAL HEARING SET: 06/02/2020 10:30AM /ROOM# 3A
https://cvweb.leonclerk.com/public/...scaseid=1129969&defseq=A&chargeseq=1&secret=1
----
https://cvweb.leonclerk.com/public/online_services/search_courts/process.asp
--/
docket does not show anything after the 6/2 hearing - except the case management on 8/4. No order has been entered yet if anything came of the 6/2 hearing that may or may not have happened.

@oviedo -
97x32px-LL-40ad66f8_thanx.gif
I'll check in next week!

Dan’s case is what brought me to WS. For that I am grateful. His family is so much more gracious than I would ever have been and I can’t wait to book my plane ticket to see the arraignment of other key players (CA , DA, & WA most of all). Anyone want to meet in Tallahassee, lunch is on me!

Unrelated, just a heads up for anyone reading here from FSU..
June 8 2020
FSU PD sends out 'dangerous situation' alert, search for a suspect underway
''FSU PD sends out 'dangerous situation' alert, search for a suspect underway
People told to shelter-in-place''
''People on campus are encouraged to get inside and stay away from doors and windows. You should remain sheltered until an “all clear” has been issued. Persons in need of immediate emergency assistance should call 9-1-1 or on Campus FSUPD – 850.644.1234.''
STARTED THREAD..
FSU PD sends out 'dangerous situation' alert, search for a suspect underway, 8 June 2020

Last edited:
In Minneapolis or Tallahassee, people of color are arrested while the wealthy white walk | Opinion

"Six years later, neither Charlie Adelson — a wealthy white South Florida dentist — nor his mother has been arrested, while the three who have been arrested are all poor people of color."

POC like Katherine Magbanua, are arrested while the wealthy white walk.

In Minneapolis or Tallahassee, people of color are arrested while the wealthy white walk | Opinion

"Six years later, neither Charlie Adelson — a wealthy white South Florida dentist — nor his mother has been arrested, while the three who have been arrested are all poor people of color."

POC like Katherine Magbanua, are arrested while the wealthy white walk.

this has nothing to do with race and everything to do with greed and stupidity. the "poor brown people" could be free and/or have sweetheart deals if they chose to do the right thing and sing against the masterminds.

Hey @oviedo - was just wondering if there might be an entry on the 6/2 hearing? and an update on next hearing - 8/4 maybe? TIA! :)
‹‹-Req $ CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE SET E-FILED: CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE SET: 08/04/2020 10:30AM /ROOM# 3A
I think the 6/2 hearing was cancelled based on the wording in the entry - no order was entered regarding it either
CMCS CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE SET (CANCELLED/REMOVED ON 04/14/2020 02:32:08 PM BY BAILEYTL) CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE SET: 04/21/2020 10:30AM /ROOM# 3A JIS
4/14/2020 109 CMCS CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE SET

(CANCELLED/REMOVED ON 05/29/2020 08:35:27 AM BY BAILEYTL) CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE SET: 06/02/2020 10:30AM /ROOM# 3A JIS
4/14/2020 110
PTST PRETRIAL HEARING SET: (CANCELLED/REMOVED ON 04/14/2020 02:32:08 PM BY BAILEYTL) PRETRIAL HEARING SET: 06/02/2020 10:30AM /ROOM# 3A JIS
5/27/2020 111
CMCS CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE SET CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE SET: 08/04/2020 10:30AM /ROOM# 3A
@Niner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member