GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regrets she got caught most likely. She had so little regard for the life of a man she didn't even know. I can't begin to understand her, the kings and especially the so called upstanding A's. There has to be more justice.
Agreed!! And yes, no regard for Dan at all. How you could watch his parent’s and the evidence and just continue to go along… wow.
I wonder if Kawass doesn’t believe she’s innocent anymore for whatever reason.
Glad she got life without parole and just hoping to see 2 more arrests somehow, someway.

Agreed!! And yes, no regard for Dan at all. How you could watch his parent’s and the evidence and just continue to go along… wow.
I wonder if Kawass doesn’t believe she’s innocent anymore for whatever reason.
Glad she got life without parole and just hoping to see 2 more arrests somehow, someway.

Assuming Kawass didn't know KM was guilty, I would be very hesitant to ever retain her as an attorney with such a lack of critical thinking. Actually, her guilt is in your face and one would have to willingly ignore it. But, even a guilty person deserves a decent reasonable defense.JMO

Assuming Kawass didn't know KM was guilty, I would be very hesitant to ever retain her as an attorney with such a lack of critical thinking. Actually, her guilt is in your face and one would have to willingly ignore it. But, even a guilty person deserves a decent reasonable defense.JMO
Yes, I totally agree - it’s just that she was so adamant about proclaiming her complete innocence even repeatedly on Instagram for years and years. It was just a different approach and she seemed to really believe it.

My speculation: Katie has been done with Kawass for awhile (remember her apparent "I don't want you" to Kawass after the guilty verdict) and is waiting for a public defender to try to cut a deal, and Kawass knows this. JMO.
Yes that could be. Kawass has stopped her vehement defense of KM on Instagram.

My speculation: Katie has been done with Kawass for awhile (remember her apparent "I don't want you" to Kawass after the guilty verdict) and is waiting for a public defender to try to cut a deal, and Kawass knows this. JMO.

My hearing isn't the greatest so I really couldn't tell what she said. But, there has always been something fishy about Kawass becoming her attorney to begin with. And with Kawass saying KM would look guilty if she took a plea deal only served to get her client a life sentence plus additional years. Bad for KM but good for those that KM would have named if she took a deal.

I'm sure KM is having a, (well deserved), terrible time at the moment. It's difficult for me to understand how the reality of her situation hadn't hit her years ago. (Another loop of the why didn't she talk circle, my apologies)
I thought DA looked pretty freaked out at his hearing. I know about the three meals a day, but can anyone tell me more about what his daily life would look like at the moment? Would he be sharing a cell? how long would he spend in his cell/day, how many visitors would he be allowed? Thank you

@clearskies1 - I have your name to ask about next court hearings. Is there one for Charles yet? Or have they not decided on this yet. I have no access to the Leon County court site. I know the Judge said within 30 to 60 days he will set a date for the Arthur Hearing requested by the defense.

TIA if you help! :)

My hearing isn't the greatest so I really couldn't tell what she said. But, there has always been something fishy about Kawass becoming her attorney to begin with. And with Kawass saying KM would look guilty if she took a plea deal only served to get her client a life sentence plus additional years. Bad for KM but good for those that KM would have named if she took a deal.
I thought it was interesting that Kawass, when she was briefly referencing, why KM’s own family wasn’t seen in Court, she said it because of the media scrutiny and KM trying to “protect her kid’s identities” and all the allegations about her kids and who’s caring for them. In the same moment, she made it a point to also say that “the State is well aware who is doing that and who paid for our legal fees and all of that”. “Who is doing that” was referencing who is taking care of KM’s children and also who is footing the bill for herself and her team. All of this was said right before Kawass put on the record the previous finding of KM indigent and requested the public defender be appointed for purposes of appeal.

Kawass also said that her client “hopes and prays for” (emphasis is mine) is that “each and every person that was, that had a hand in this and knows something about it to be brought to justice” (( Using video from Tallahassee Democrat of the hearing ))

I found that wording interesting, JMOO

This thread is now closed. Continue the discussion in Thread #13 which is linked below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne