FL - Daniel, 32, & Heather Kelsey, 30, found dead, Volusia County, 31 Dec 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If they were doing hard stuff, why would you want to be in car??

Wondering Rx - car mechanic- hurt his back, got really addicted, she stressed, started using just rambling here.

I have this image of heroin and crack like you do "it" and within 14 seconds your flying.

How could they not know driving with your kids in the back aint all that a good idea.

It seems like it would have to a milder something, that was rotten, but hitting a crack pipe while driving seems overtly beyond stupid.

And there IS something "logical" about pulling off and turning on the flashers - I do not know but is that kind of logic available for heroin or crack??

All so messed up - if we are doing it drugs it almost makes more sense if it is a murder-suicide as bad as that sounds

BBM

They just don't. Addicts don't reason like non-addicts.

So im falling asleep looking back for "foster care" references. I stand by what I think and that's that the kids were in foster care AFTER the deaths and not before. Jmo

That's the way I read it too

I'm still going to hold out hope that it wasn't drugs even though all signs are surely pointing that way. I wouldn't be shocked if it came out that this was caused by a bad batch laced with poison or fentynal.
But I agree that the FL sun can age the skin fast! Both appear to be no stranger to the sun!

The small window that they both died in is the strangest part for me! A bad batch of drugs I understand but it hitting them at the same time is just odd, I guess they aren't too different in size, so I probably answered my own question!!! But still... Weird moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT

Nbc news

Megan Kelly is going to NBC!

I am surprised no one picked up on this from the Daytona News Journal:

"Because of their problems, they were in Quincy, Florida, and were making their way back," Chitwood said.

The couple's three sons - AK, 2; NK, 1; and infant JK - were in foster care and with relatives of Daniel Kelsey, Chitwood said.

A spokesman from the state Department of Children and Families did not return a phone message left Tuesday.

Was this part of the "problem" that they had to go to Quincy for.....get their children out of foster care.

P.S. And our WS member wont have to wear ugly Crocs LOL

I found this interesting too:
... investigators believe the man may have died of an overdose, Sheriff Mike Chitwood said Tuesday.
But that didn't put an end to the mystery as Chitwood said there was some concern with the woman's cause of death so investigators are awaiting the results of an autopsy.
http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...se-suspected-in-death-of-ormond-couple-on-i-4

From your link

[FONT=&amp]Not the news I wanted right now. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Another [/FONT][FONT=&amp]family member gone

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]were in foster care [/FONT][FONT=&amp]and [/FONT][FONT=&amp]with relatives of Daniel Kelsey, Chitwood said.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
there seems to be a lot going on here............

[FONT=&quot]about 1:30 a.m. Saturday, according to a sheriff's report -- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Heather Kelsey was pronounced dead at 2:20 --[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Daniel Kelsey was pronounced dead a couple of minutes after his wife of nearly six years.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
Foster care often (in FL ) separates siblings

The small window that they both died in is the strangest part for me! A bad batch of drugs I understand but it hitting them at the same time is just odd, I guess they aren't too different in size, so I probably answered my own question!!! But still... Weird moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am with you - Le being careful -- her heading back to the car might indicate murder suicide attempt??

I have to say this 1 more time bc I am starting to wonder if my earlier post may be what they're eluding to with the mother. Is it possible the mother did pull over for dad to "use" saw him being overcome from an overdose went to his aid and came into contact with the substance and she was also overcome. The stuff heroin is being cut with lately has caused numerous overdoses and deaths. Officers have had this same situation happen to them as well. She may have put her hand to his face or her mouth to his mouth any wierd scenario and that's why she doesn't look like an obvious overdose case. She would have no residue in her nose or no fresh needle marks either upon examination by the coroner. It's possible, I'm starting to wonder if that's why they wanted to clarify in regards to the mother.

Please let them be sure she's a purposeful overdose before they go reporting she overdosed & she was an addict. If she's not showing obvious signs it IS possible she came into contact with it unknowingly. This mother probably worked hard to be clean and I hope they make sure it's clear cut.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So im falling asleep looking back for "foster care" references. I stand by what I think and that's that the kids were in foster care AFTER the deaths and not before. Jmo

That was what I thought, that one or more of the children went to emergency temporary foster home(S) on the night of their parents' deaths. Not unusual in this scenario. It would be unusual for a newspaper to mention prior foster care, as such things are held in confidence by CPS.

This whole thread is confusing me. The couple was from Ormond Beach, FL, which is just north of Daytona Beach. It appears they were heading home.

I have to say this 1 more time bc I am starting to wonder if my earlier post may be what they're eluding to with the mother. Is it possible the mother did pull over for dad to "use" saw him being overcome from an overdose went to his aid and came into contact with the substance and she was also overcome. The stuff heroin is being cut with lately has caused numerous overdoses and deaths. Officers have had this same situation happen to them as well. She may have put her hand to his face or her mouth to his mouth any wierd scenario and that's why she doesn't look like an obvious overdose case. She would have no residue in her nose or no fresh needle marks either upon examination by the coroner. It's possible, I'm starting to wonder if that's why they wanted to clarify in regards to the mother

That makes the most sense to me at this time. Perhaps a needle stuck in his arm or broke off. She went to take it out and got poked?
She passed first...perhaps she wasn't an user or using at the time and it affected her quicker.

Making their way back has me thinking they lived in an area that is bad for drugs and needed to get out of that town to get away.
Imho...I know in Pensacola this is a problem. I grew up there and go back yearly or so and see what the area has done to some.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This whole thread is confusing me. The couple was from Ormond Beach, FL, which is just north of Daytona Beach. It appears they were heading home.

I'm not sure but I think they were originally from Ormond Beach, but had recently moved away. Went back to OB for New Year with family. Hence, it is said they were heading 'home', cause family lives there. Is this correct? Anybody?

I've known people who've been stopped at a roadblock or pulled over for speeding and they ate their dope, package and all, to avoid an arrest. There were tons of cops and roadblocks in my neck of the woods NYE and New Year's Day.

Didn't police just take pictures of a couple passed out behind the wheel while the kid was in the back seat?

Btw. I heard the male driver in the case im referring to had recently o.d and died after that picture with him and his lady were taken.

Btw. I wonder how many abductions take place where a person is passed out on heroin at the side of the road and wake up in a basement or something with no witnesses around.

So imo. People really need to leave this drug alone. Jmo

I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves. Gotta go back and read the link about foster care.
We know from the news reports that the 3 kids were in the vehicle that night.

Then they were probably placed in foster care right away until family could come and pick them up.. at least that is how I read it. The sequence of news reports now saying that they are with family leads me to believe that's how this happened.

Didn't police just take pictures of a couple passed out behind the wheel while the kid was in the back seat?

Btw. I heard the male driver in the case im referring to had recently o.d and died after that picture with him and his lady were taken.

Btw. I wonder how many abductions take place where a person is passed out on heroin at the side of the road and wake up in a basement or something with no witnesses around.

So imo. People really need to leave this drug alone. Jmo
I recall that. Sad. Just say no!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

from this article, I think it just clicked for me.
"Because of their problems, they were in Quincy, Florida, and were making their way back," Chitwood said.
So, I looked up rehab centers in Quincy, and it looks like there are at least a couple of them.

Also, I think I was probably wrong in my earlier post about placement of the children.
"The couple's three sons - ** ** ** - were in foster care and with relatives of Daniel Kelsey, Chitwood said."
(maybe during their time in rehab?)

I may be overstepping but I want to say this. Does anybody know when the pic of them was taken? I ask because mom looks very clean....dad not so sure. That can easily change I am aware. But, I wanted to say that I've been around alot of opiate addicts, pulls and heroin. It's pretty obvious visually to me when an addict has slipped & started bk using. This has really no baring on this case. I just wanted to say that she looks very clear eyed and clean in the pic I see on this site. That could've changed 10 minutes after the photo was taken. But I can say this in my experience with addicts particularly mothers who have lost custody they work hard to get clean and stay clean. I just hope she didn't relapse there on the side of the highway, I really do. Prayers for their kids and family. Addiction is a demon that never goes away and haunts the addict every day of their life clean or not. Love is never enough when it comes to addiction. Prayers, this is terribly sad.

Chitwood was just sworn in as sheriff. He really needs to quit speculating and await the autopsy results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back