FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is the defendant getting a little tripped up here? On dating another individual what seems relatively quickly? When DB filed for divorce? When AB began to file complaints?

NVM defense counsel objected….. so it seems IMO perhaps? MOO

I am impressed with the prosecutor, she is showing that AB is a liar.
I'm getting the opposite impression. She's acting like abusers don't put on a good face after periods of abuse. Also, there are many many different types of abuse. It's not all choking and beating.
Not to mention people in DV relationships tend to be in them for awhile for a reason. Because they keep telling themselves it's going to be different.
Edit: more thoughts.

Did the state prove the defendant was not justified in killing Douglas Benefield?
If the jury feels the state did not prove their case against the defendant — they must acquit.

The defendant’s earlier testimony(only a few) which stood out as typical DV behavior:
-- Defendant apologized for the abuser’s behavior
-- Defendant blamed herself - explained walked on eggshells
-- Defends the abuser

Photos mean nothing - - people hide behind their smiles, they hid behind their closed doors.
No one really knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Prosecutor case is weak
Defendant stood firm while on cross by the Prosecutor (posting this comment early, crossing is still happening)

What is missing, maybe I missed the evidence:
Evidence of DB abuse toward (dog & cat) animals

Noticed: The defendant’s demeanor different depending on whether jury present or not.

On a side note: Feel bad for EB, for the loss of both of her parents. Hope she has much love and support in her life.

Finally prosecutor is bringing up the night DB was killed.

All just a matter of opinion.

Looking back more at the timeline and after her testimony, i think she found out he wasn't as wealthy as she thought.... AFTER she got pregnant. Thus the run back to Mom's house. She was looking for a wealthy husband, thus the Trump/political affiliation as a 'swimsuit model/ballerina'. He was in the right place at the right time, was heading off to Europe....looks solid. She has his reverse a vasectomy' FAST, gets pregnant, starting the ballet company and BOOM, money isn't as available as she thought. Hightails back to FL. Ballet falls flat, he moves to FL to be with new child and try to make it work. She strings him along, so much so he'll move to MD to be in childs life also. Don't see any real work history for her, just 'hobby' work. Who's paying for everything? Mom? Mom inherited the MD house, sold it (i think) and then back to FL. ALL MOO
Yes the run back to mom in Florida is highly suspect. What prompted it? I think you are right. She learned something about him that made her devalue him. She clearly was OK with all his crazy/juvenile talk because she talks like that too and she’s crazy too. They were both immature and she was 24 so it wasn’t that. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back