FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure if I can post the 'we stand with ashley' page (easy to find online), but she sure doesn't look the same in those photos as she does today. I'm thinking also the dark circles and no makeup is part of the 'He poisoned me' defense they will be using. My question is how he poisoned her while pregnant when she wasn't living with him.... and how he continued to even after. They really do NOT want to bring in the Psych report from the custody battle. It must have some interesting info.

I have to think this will backfire. I'm sure the jury will view pics and videos of her dressed normally with her hair down. They'll see right through this homespun, strait-laced look and think she's trying to pull a fast one.
She’s trying to look like she is 12 yrs old!
Looking down , always down but..Ah ha!
She did finally look up when they showed the photos taken of her body.

Pretending ..per Judge Ashley Willcot on CTV. No shrinking violet. Not the personality portrayed previously. Not buying it.
Me neither.

MOO

Defense described Doug as 30 years older than Ashley and was obsessed with her. Defense says during an argument Doug shot a hole in the ceiling. Another time he punched the dog and knocked him out during an argument with Ashley.

Prosecution: Ashley killed Doug over custody of their daughter.
Defense: Ashley killed Doug in self-defense.

Already contention inside the #AshleyBenefield courtroom with Doug Benefield's cousin under cross-exam. After multiple sidebars, the judge just sent the jury out.

@cathyrusson
Is it anyone’s theory that Ashley killed Doug over his net worth and property? Seems that is another likely scenario? MOO

Is it anyone’s theory that Ashley killed Doug over his net worth and property? Seems that is another likely scenario? MOO
Not my theory! I am not sure he had anything left after the Ballet Company folded. My theory is she wanted a baby more than anything and once she got pregnant, she had no need for him any longer. She did not want to share custody of their daughter with him. I think she invented all kinds of stories to make him seem worse than he actually was.

Not my theory! I am not sure he had anything left after the Ballet Company folded. My theory is she wanted a baby more than anything and once she got pregnant, she had no need for him any longer. She did not want to share custody of their daughter with him. I think she invented all kinds of stories to make him seem worse than he actually was.
Maybe she wanted a baby and the child support that goes with it..

Holy moly does the defense attorney speak so slow, is the guy being paid by the second
I noticed that too this morning too KSwizzle…… excruciatingly slow. Almost painful and hard to follow from point to point. Some statements in the opening argument almost IMO seemed to be also theatrical or over emphasized perhaps?

Someone questioned in the thread earlier I believe ‘how long is this trial going to take’? One answer seems to be as long as that defense attorney takes to present and enter his statements into evidence and on the record. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back