FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree this case seems against AB is pretty weak from what the prosecution has offered in court so far. I'm not getting a whole lot from their witnesses about exactly what happened or how the events of the night unfolded.

True, not many facts or much information at all, but we are getting hints of collusion from grandma and the shrink AB lived with. JMO

Not sure if I can post the 'we stand with ashley' page (easy to find online), but she sure doesn't look the same in those photos as she does today. I'm thinking also the dark circles and no makeup is part of the 'He poisoned me' defense they will be using. My question is how he poisoned her while pregnant when she wasn't living with him.... and how he continued to even after. They really do NOT want to bring in the Psych report from the custody battle. It must have some interesting info.
Thanks for bringing up the website in support of the defendant. I wondered if there were people/groups advocating for the defendant. I am and have always supported battered women but dont believe the defendant’s claims. She had an agenda. I know all too well how battered women are, unfortunately. moo

Defense is trying to suppress parts of DB's attorney's testimony(and other witnesses) of what she has said she witnessed or observed. In other words DB's side of things is being limited due to being hearsay. DB doesn't have much of a voice in this trial since he is not here. Anymore, ever again....JMO

Last edited:

Updated: 3 hours ago

BRADENTON, Fla. (WWSB) - More testimony is expected in the “Black Swan” murder Wednesday.

Benefield, a former ballerina, is accused of murdering her husband Doug in 2020. The pair were involved in a bitter custody battle over their young daughter. Benefield is using Florida’s Stand Your Ground law and claiming self-defense.

It’s the second day of the trial.

@cathyrusson

UPDATE in #AshleyBenefield: Over the lunch break a woman came to a deputy saying she was a reporter, she had info about the case and wanted to meet with the judge. The judge told the deputy that the woman would need to come to court and speak in open court if she had something to say. She said she would not appear in court. That's it.

12:36 PM · Jul 24, 2024

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back