FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah I agree the cross was very painful and I felt sorry for Ashley especially making her recreate what happened the night she shot Doug, seems like the pros was trying to re traumatise her. I wonder if she'll get not guilty or an acquittal.
It reminded me quite a lot of the end of Kim Potter's cross examination when the prosecutor was going in on her really hard while she was sobbing uncontrollably. Unlike AB I am certain that Potter's emotion was genuine remorse but I thought they really risked ruining the case by going in too hard on a potentially sympathetic defendant.

KP was found guilty. AB? We shall see.

JMO

Okay, now I get where you're coming from about her so-called Ninja threat on her life but since it's her self-defense for killing him I still think it was the right decision for the state.

btw: Peter.."The Laywer You know" also thinks it was a mistake for the state.
Argh! Spoiler alert! I'm watching his video now and haven't got that far yet!

JK ;)

Argh! Spoiler alert! I'm watching his video now and haven't got that far yet!

JK ;)
Enjoy! lol

IMO:
Peter's video from yesterday and today plus what he posts next week is all we need to get the fullest picture of the trial and what people following it are saying.

What was AB's reasoning for this?
I find it very concerning.
Concerning that the company that administered the oxygen therapy to a 3 month old when it's said that the child should be at least 15 months and AB subjecting her 3 month old daughter.

When Doug and Ashley Benefield Started a Ballet ...
Vanity Fair
https://www.vanityfair.com › Style › new york city ballet

Sep 2, 2021 — ... her three-month-old daughter for 26 sessions in an oxygen chamber. (Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is typically administered to scuba divers .

She subjected her child to that treatment when it was proved there was no Poisoning.

Article with information about the false poisoning allegations and more.
Snipped
But the judge was not persuaded by two days of testimony and the lab test results Ashley had submitted:
JUDGE DIANA MORELAND [Court audio]: There is not a single scintilla of credible evidence that Ms. Benefield has ever been poisoned or suffered from any illness of any poison.
That ruling cleared the way for Doug to finally see his daughter.Days later, he and Ashley met outside the sheriff's office to exchange the baby. To Stephanie's surprise, Ashley was suddenly very accommodating.

I think for me the false poisoning allegations against her husband and subjecting her baby to oxygen therapy really really told me all I needed to know about who she is and what she would do to get what she wanted. I hope she is found guilty-- but I am not counting on it. I still think she is evil.

I finally read the Vanity Fair article. Yesterday AB tesitified the fight in the kitchen where the gun was waved at her and DB shot a hole in the kitchen ceiling, was over a shadow box that EB took apart and placed a rose in. The article says that AB found EB’s diary and EB hated AB. So why was AB snooping around so much?

I finally read the Vanity Fair article. Yesterday AB tesitified the fight in the kitchen where the gun was waved at her and DB shot a hole in the kitchen ceiling, was over a shadow box that EB took apart and placed a rose in. The article says that AB found EB’s diary and EB hated AB. So why was AB snooping around so much?
BBM:
The fight over the shadowbox led to the gun being thrown and hitting the wall.
AB claims DB threw the gun at her and missed.
The shot in the ceiling was a different time

AB's testimony on the fight/shadowbox .

4:51:40 prosecutor.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members