FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is not that complicated imo. It’s a criminal trial. And self-defense is an affirmative defense so the defendant actually has to prove she acted in self-defense by a preponderance of the evidence. She has not done so. Not even close. She’s guilty. Whether she was subjected to manipulation, control etc is irrelevant, honestly. At the moment she shot him, by her own words, he was not threatening her life/great bodily injury. Not even close. She was lying and acting on the stand. Very obvious.

JMO
BBM

Thank you!
The internet is filled with accusations of DV "victim shaming" when someone critiques and /or criticizes anything about AB.

Ready for trial today...going so fast. Question?? Does AB have any support from family or friends in gallery? I guess her mother is subject to recall but per a rule can be in courtroom and what about her father? I don't know how this will come out but that performance on the stand was something else. I know most consider it an act....but no matter what she is one disturbed woman. I don't think this was planned at all but the whole story makes no sense. DV but inviting him in and being alone?

Ready for trial today...going so fast. Question?? Does AB have any support from family or friends in gallery? I guess her mother is subject to recall but per a rule can be in courtroom and what about her father? I don't know how this will come out but that performance on the stand was something else. I know most consider it an act....but no matter what she is one disturbed woman. I don't think this was planned at all but the whole story makes no sense. DV but inviting him in and being alone?
BBM. If I recall correctly her Dad passed away years ago.

Have only seen her mother in the courtroom when she testified. She does have custody of the child, so perhaps that is why? Lots of pictures of them standing on street corners with signs supporing Ashley and the child's sign is something along the lines of Keep my Mommy Free.

Father and mother are divorced. No idea how long. Nothing to indicate he is in the courtroom. My guess would be they are not close.

Have only seen her mother in the courtroom when she testified. She does have custody of the child, so perhaps that is why? Lots of pictures of them standing on street corners with signs supporing Ashley and the child's sign is something along the lines of Keep my Mommy Free.

Father and mother are divorced. No idea how long. Nothing to indicate he is in the courtroom. My guess would be they are not close.
I think her mother knew. IMO

Not sure, but think mother was subject to being recalled so she wouldn't be present in court. JMO

I read that DB wrote a letter to his friend Trip Cormenwho who was his pastor confessing to his violent acts.
If true was it entered at the trial and is it available to read?

I read that DB wrote a letter to his friend Trip Cormenwho who was his pastor confessing to his violent acts.
If true was it entered at the trial and is it available to read?
Not that I recall. All I know about Doug admitting to certain acts like the gun shot into the ceiling and knocking the dog out came from the custody case.

I can't let this go. lol

Last night I listened again to prosecutor O'Donnell's opening statement.
She brought up the unfounded accusation made by AB that DB was poisoning her and her unborn child.
Why didn't she also tell the jury that AB's accusations against DB that he physically/sexually abused their daughter was also unfounded?
Those reprehensible false accusations should give more than pause to the jury when deciding whether to believe AB's claims that she was an abused wife who killed her husband in self-defense.
I don't recall hearing O'Connell bring up AB's false claims of this abuse to her daughter when she examined AB.

I can't let this go. lol

Last night I listened again to prosecutor O'Donnell's opening statement.
She brought up the unfounded accusation made by AB that DB was poisoning her and her unborn child.
Why didn't she also tell the jury that AB's accusations against DB that he physically/sexually abused their daughter was also unfounded?
Those reprehensible false accusations should give more than pause to the jury when deciding whether to believe AB's claims that she was an abused wife who killed her husband in self-defense.
I don't recall hearing O'Connell bring up AB's false claims of this abuse to her daughter when she examined AB.

All the various unfounded accusations AB made about DB and the fact that she actually left him seem to go against what ferris is saying about what victims of DV actually do unless I'm mistaken.

All the various unfounded accusations AB made about DB and the fact that she actually left him seem to go against what ferris is saying about what victims of DV actually do unless I'm mistaken.
Then again he has the abused woman pattern that she returns to her abuser over and over.

What about AB abusing DB?
imo:
Her false accusations against him that she filed in court are abusive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back