VERDICT WATCH FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She won’t have a problem finding a man. Perhaps not a wealthy one though. She’s clearly not that savvy at picking wealthy men. But perhaps she was just young and naive. Although I doubt that wealthy, well-connected men are looking among the 40yo felon pool for wives. Lol. She had her chance and she blew it for sure. I don’t know why she would’ve been so desperate to have a child with Doug. When she could’ve divorced him and found someone wealthy easily, I think. JMO

ETA: Her motivations from start to finish are baffling to me. She’s not a borderline like Jodi Arias because she would’ve never left Doug if she were. She seems to be delusional certainly.
her motivations in the very beginning are understandable. They bonded with similar choice in political party and Trump in particular and he opened some new doors to her...then the promise of the ballet school...on and on..then it goes sort of sinister with his agreeing to reverse the vasectomy and they have this child. She seemed to then want nothing to do with him and did not even put his name on the birth certificate. Still at that point she could have gotten another man.. probably would have been glad to raise the child with her. She is a striking woman if you look at some of her photos from before all of this. But she loved her guns and DB did display some real abusive behaviors in my opinion....and she got more and more into a plot to get rid of him...I am now starting to even think it was planned the more than comes out. I did not think that during the trial. Justice was done.

I also need to correct something I said before. It seems Doug didn’t abandon Eva at 15 to run off to be with AB. By the time Doug was planning his move to Maryland via Florida Eva was 18 and heading to college. So it makes sense that he was desperate to work things out with AB. He likely didn’t want to be alone and wanted a family again. It’s all very sad!

JMO
In a way from the description of his behavior and being obsessed with AB so quickly after his wife had died..I feel he did sort of abandon Eva and then getting married without her knowledge or even being there. Add to that such a young woman....that girl has been thru a lot. He did not put that daughter first which is what a parent does after the dead of a spouse and young children involved. To top if off he picked an absolute kook to marry and bring into the house.

her motivations in the very beginning are understandable. They bonded with similar choice in political party and Trump in particular and he opened some new doors to her...then the promise of the ballet school...on and on..then it goes sort of sinister with his agreeing to reverse the vasectomy and they have this child. She seemed to then want nothing to do with him and did not even put his name on the birth certificate. Still at that point she could have gotten another man.. probably would have been glad to raise the child with her. She is a striking woman if you look at some of her photos from before all of this. But she loved her guns and DB did display some real abusive behaviors in my opinion....and she got more and more into a plot to get rid of him...I am now starting to even think it was planned the more than comes out. I did not think that during the trial. Justice was done.
It seems like the pregnancy was unexpected. Even though they planned it by getting the vasectomy reversal, Eva confirmed that they didn’t think she would get pregnant so quickly. So the only thing I can surmise is that by the time she got pregnant she was already thinking of leaving him. Why? I don’t know. He wasn’t exactly without resources. Had she found someone else wealthier already? It’s hard to determine because we don’t know their financial status. None of that came out at trial.

So she gets pregnant. An abortion was outta the question I’m guessing due to their supposed religious beliefs. So the desperation sets in as now she’s tied to this man for the next 18 years! Smh

JMO

A random thought...I went back and watched the mother's short testimony again...she is devoid of any emotion just like her daughter. Seemed to get a bit excited about the conceal and carry classes . The park was a few minutes down the street and all this happened while she was gone? Timing just perfect. Already in squad car when mother returned. No real testimony about the lead up that day...her general interactions with DB...what if any indications of trouble she saw? Just so much missing in this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back