VERDICT WATCH FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing that Wishbone. Listening to their words, and reflecting on this case I think the prosecution did a nice job with it. There IMO were often rulings that did not go their way, and it seemed certain evidentiary matters not favorable to them as well. And from the evidence the jury formed a good conclusion. Will be interested in the sentencing when that occurs. MOO

Thanks for sharing that Wishbone. Listening to their words, and reflecting on this case I think the prosecution did a nice job with it. There IMO were often rulings that did not go their way, and it seemed certain evidentiary matters not favorable to them as well. And from the evidence the jury formed a good conclusion. Will be interested in the sentencing when that occurs. MOO
Since we didn't get to hear much from Doug's side I believe the state did the best they could. The judge will have to follow the guidelines for sentencing so she may not get the max. But, this is better than a NG or hung jury. I'm still of the belief that she premeditated the murder.JMOO

It sounds like the impass was one or more for 2nd degree and they compromised. I think I could do that if it meant avoiding a hung jury. I wonder what the split was. Interesting jury 5women 1 man and still the DV was apparently not believed or as the attorney said too far in the past. When she said that I tend to disagree..I think if you have suffered DV and are away from the abuser for some time and then again around them that fear never goes away.....but AB wanted him there that day and mother left her there alone...neither seemed to fear anything.

Last edited:
Tommie Benefield seems to be leading the cause for that family. I have to wonder if he will now go after some involvement for Eva in Emerson's life. If I were in their shoes I would not be happy with Alicia Byers raising the child. He mentioned something like this is his round of post trial interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman