FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - since she didn't take insurance, her practice was doing very well. She had no need to deal with the bureaucracy and bs paperwork of insurance carriers. She knows ahead of time that will severely limit the number of patients able to come to her practice; yet (supposedly) she had a waiting list thru December. The "go fund me" site still baffles me.

That g@f@ndm@ account seeks ONE FREAKIN' MILLION DOLLARS. Utterly disgusting IMO.

I'm thinking that many/some of the services provided are not covered by insurance.

That g@f@ndm@ account seeks ONE FREAKIN' MILLION DOLLARS. Utterly disgusting IMO.

WHAT? That has changed since the initial set up. Can't recall what it was, but it certainly wasn't $1,000,000. I'm SO over these accounts.

Her deceased sister in law. Stacey- I googled her name and saw where someone reported her for ripping him off for heavy metal treatments.
I am only pointing it out to say that they were in the same field and perhaps it was an angry patient.

(I have also read several reviews on Teresa that were not very positive) and many that have a glowing review! She may have made someone mad.
My first thoughts were toward her spouse. I've done a 180. I'm thinking angry patient.

If she didn't take insurance that's odd to me. I read that too, then another website listed a few, but ask to call and verify
Maybe she was a "concierge" type doctor? Serving tea in her office with sofas to sit on?
Moo
http://m.kiplinger.com/article/spen...-things-to-know-about-concierge-medicine.html
Thanks gngr~snap! Good find!

I'm thinking that many/some of the services provided are not covered by insurance.

I was looking for pain relief from fibromyalgia. My rheumatologist suggested acupuncture. There wasn't a single MD licensed in my area, only a few within my state. So, I went to a chiropractor who also practiced acupuncture.

I was surprised at the number of questions asked prior to my treatment. When the Dr. recommended having my hair tested and all sorts of other tests, I realized she was an unadvertised homeopathic chiropractor. She also recommended I see a Dr. So-and-so who had cured himself of a myriad of illnesses after a stint in Africa. I then asked when I would receive my acupuncture. She promptly assured me the treatment wouldn't work on me. I insisted she give it a try. She did, and the results were fantastic and the relief lasted for 4 months!

At the end, she went through my future treatment and handed me a bunch of envelopes for me to send to various labs for testing. None of them were accredited and cash-up-front. I paid her (uninsured) bill gladly, but decided not to return to the hard sell. The initial tests alone cost hundreds I couldn't afford.

8 years later, I've only had acupuncture 3 more times while on a cruise. It really helped and was a treat for me. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find a doctor who takes insurance/Medicare.

I would imagine there were some patients in my position and I'm not dropping the possibility that it was a disgruntled customer. In fact, at this point, I'll entertain any theory.

I'm imagining a disgruntled patient demanding and not receiving satisfaction (e.g., return of personal funds) after failure of "holistic approach" therapy to work as touted, and with no recourse for recovery of same, their having chosen what some would proclaim medically controversial treatments for what ailed them. Hormone therapy, particularly, I imagine, might be a very dicey business, emotionally speaking.

The door was jimmied so it's a burglary, DUH. Garbage and recycable containers left out, signaling someone not home. If shouting was heard, maybe the guy was on drugs!

Insurances don't cover non-approved non standard of care therapies.

The door was jimmied so it's a burglary, DUH. Garbage and recycable containers left out, signaling someone not home. If shouting was heard, maybe the guy was on drugs!

But if it was a burglary, why no threat to the public? I'd think some crazed hammer-wielding burglar on the loose would warrant at least a little bit of concern for the community.

To me, the fact that her office worried the minute she was late tells me this was a known "expected" possibility. Many women in abused relationships, for instance, tell their coworkers that if they don't show up to come look for her.

This coupled with a no threat to the public tells me this is a known threat to her.

But if it was a burglary, why no threat to the public? I'd think some crazed hammer-wielding burglar on the loose would warrant at least a little bit of concern for the community.

I think that might be over-stated. In a few of the news clips LE says lock the doors and windows. Here is another link:

Authorities also advocate basic safety precautions including locking doors to homes and vehicles.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/29435156/death-investigation-underway-in-bonita-springs#.VZlhpPlVikp

To me, the fact that her office worried the minute she was late tells me this was a known "expected" possibility. Many women in abused relationships, for instance, tell their coworkers that if they don't show up to come look for her.

This coupled with a no threat to the public tells me this is a known threat to her.

If a doctor does not show up for her patients, that is cause for concern. They would try to call her to see if something happened. If they could not reach her someone would be notified to check immediately. If this did not happen, THAT would be strange IMO.

Maybe the guy was looking for drugs...
It doesn't sound like she would have prescribed the type of "drugs" anyone would want to steal.
I believe supplements, reiki, biofeedback and ultrasonic pain relief were some of the things she recommended for it.
Moo

I apologize that I can't link bc I'm iPad impaired, but it does look like there were money troubles as recently as 2010 but that may not mean currently. A quick look at Lee County register of deeds will show foreclosure activity at that time. It looks like they also either owned the abutting lot or split their lot in 11/09, which may be how prevented foreclosure activity by selling for $$. Again though, it does appear currently there had been no financial issues

Or maybe it was made to look like burglary. In video of her home you can see neighbors trash cans outside also.

I'm currently traveling with iffy internet. Her business colleague stated something to the effect that as soon as she was a minute late, they knew something was wrong.

A minute late and you know something bad happened? This was a known threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895