FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You brought up something, that could be very important. I would like to know if LE found the dogs inside the house with their collars on, and if they always had their collars on?

-Nin

So are you hypothesizing that Dr S had been out walking the dogs... She de-activated the alarm to return back into the house (or had the alarm off for the quick minutes it took to walk the dogs) & that's when the perp entered into the garage right behind her? And if so, it would stand to reason that a hammer was involved as it's a tool seen in most garages.
The fight/attack could've started right there & continued into the house. If the perp purposefully kept the dogs in the garage, their barking would've been muffled due to the solid construction of newer homes in FL.
But if the hypothesis is true, why was the garage side door tampered with? Well, the perp may have known Dr S didn't alarm the house for a quick walking of the dogs but she may very well lock the door. Therefore, the perp could've broken in and was waiting in hiding for the Dr's return.

I will reiterate that the dogs hold the key--the DNA key. I also wonder if LE has looked into local hospital or Dr's to see if there's been a patient with odd injuries?

Frightening indeed! All of it!

I could see that happening. She was very feisty - I could see her putting up one hell of a fight.

Is there a way to look up if a person has a firearm registered to them?

If they did not I could see her using a hammer, I know I have had my daughter have bats near their beds or a golf club.

Perhaps the use of a hammer suggests an "unorganized" killer, one who is immature, one who is highly reactive & emotional.
I will add that this perp probably has a history of antisocial behavior & rebelliousness. Maybe run ins with the law over outbursts, lack of respect towards authority figures, maybe juvenile history with LE, & probably drug usage.
Sociopathic & antisocial personality disorder from my knowledge base. Maybe add in a bit of ADD/ADHD to the equation although that is not the main problems.
All moo

Interesting assessment, Honey.

The basic tenet of profiling is that behavior reflects personality. With that in mind, there are three questions that a [criminal] profiler has to ask when faced with a case. They are:

1. What evidence is present at the scene? [What happened?]
2. What is the motive? [Was the killer known to the victim? Why was a hammer used? How was the body positioned when found?]
3. Who is the suspect? [Are there signs of remorse, ie., covering the body with a blanket? Are there signs of revenge or rejection?]

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/disturbed/201110/profiling-murderer# [My comments are in the brackets.]

The FBI chart found at the link below shows how many murders were committed with a hammer in 2011. Of the 496 blunt object hammer killings, 219 were due to arguments that were not: lover's quarrels, over money, due to alcohol or drugs, nor a lover's triangle.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u....-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11

---------
We know few details about the CS. We do know the CS was messy with plenty of trace evidence, per the Sheriff. This tells me the victim may have been caught off guard while sleeping. Like in the Travis Alexander [We love ya!] murder, the victim was caught off guard. His convicted killer, while wielding a knife, trapped her victim in the shower, chased him down the hallway while stabbing him until she finally slit his throat, nearly decapitating him. Then, the convicted killer drug his body back to the shower stall and shot him.

I'm feeling that Dr. Sievers' killer planned this attack and planned to use a hammer to inflict as much pain in life as possible upon the victim. During the doctor's attempt to flee her killer, she managed to make it into the kitchen area, if, in fact, that is where her body was found.

As always, JMHO This is truly a painful case.

Female being interviewed on camera, I'll look for video. Witness lives on Allan St. - there are two homes I can see where one could be that specific or think of back door area.
IIRC, it's been discussed upthread (couple or few days ago) that her daughter lived next door to Sievers.

Checking in tonite and saw this. It was me who a few days ago posted concerns w/ the neighbor’s account to this Naples reporter. What bothered me (besides the confusing 1 or 2 screams) is Ms. C. told the reporter the sound “came from the Sievers home” – with confidence to the location, as you read this story. And I made note that the Sievers home is directly behind Ms. C’s – their rears back up to each other. And what does Ms. C. say she did…. She looks out her front window which faces Allan St, the totally opposite end of where the sound was coming from. I don’t get it! So after being awakened from sleep and recognizing this sound came from TS’ home right behind her own home, she neither peeks out the back, nor (which is more troubling) does she check on her own daughter/daughter’s family – who lives right next door to TS on Jarvis! In the direction of the commotion. I play this over & over … if one hears a strange shrill/scream early in the morning coming from the home behind you, in extremely close proximity to where your own daughter lives, and your four dogs have alerted to something wrong outside, and you’ve had experiences with vandals and peeping toms in the middle of the night, why oh why would you just go back to bed and not at least check in with your daughter who is in the direction of the commotion?

The video of the dogs in front of the home with LE is dated July 2. http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/07/02/doctor-teresa-sievers-murdered-home-family-out-town I'm not sure when the house was released back to MG.

Re: the report from neighbors that investigators were back taking samples from the dogs last week, I wonder if evidence of something other than dog hair (dog poop?) is at issue now whereas on July 2, there was no reason to swab for saliva. On a personal note, I lived in an apartment complex that required DNA swabs for all pets in order to deter people from not picking up their dog's poop. Dog waste that was not disposed of would be tested against the saliva samples, and the offending owner would be fined once a match came back. I'm inclined to think that the search of the dog park is related to dog poop/DNA as well.

Or the original weapon for the planned non random murder, somehow was knocked away by Teresa and thus the hammer was used out of desperation.

I agree MSM is either sucking up to the Sheriff and abiding by his rules to stay on the Sheriff's office's good side or he is shutting them completely out due to some past or current issues. He says he is only letting us know things that help the case, well the whole books and movies statement certainly doesn't do a thing but add to wild theories.

I think the hammer was used by the perp because he/she had no firearm or didn't want to use one due to noise it would make. I think they ruled out a knife because they thought the hammer would be less bloody and do the job faster. And I think they brought the hammer, used it to pry open the door and then kill Dr. Sievers...one weapon serving two functions.

I also think according to the floor plan provided that the dogs would have been put in the utility room, as that is adjacent to both the kitchen where she was found and the garage, thus enclosing that room surrounded by other structural portions of the house, to minimize the barking they might do, maybe just in case, because I believe the perp knew Dr. Sievers and was already familiar with the house and the dogs.

Checking in tonite and saw this. It was me who a few days ago posted concerns w/ the neighbor’s account to this Naples reporter. What bothered me (besides the confusing 1 or 2 screams) is Ms. C. told the reporter the sound “came from the Sievers home” – with confidence to the location, as you read this story. And I made note that the Sievers home is directly behind Ms. C’s – their rears back up to each other. And what does Ms. C. say she did…. She looks out her front window which faces Allan St, the totally opposite end of where the sound was coming from. I don’t get it! So after being awakened from sleep and recognizing this sound came from TS’ home right behind her own home, she neither peeks out the back, nor (which is more troubling) does she check on her own daughter/daughter’s family – who lives right next door to TS on Jarvis! In the direction of the commotion. I play this over & over … if one hears a strange shrill/scream early in the morning coming from the home behind you, in extremely close proximity to where your own daughter lives, and your four dogs have alerted to something wrong outside, and you’ve had experiences with vandals and peeping toms in the middle of the night, why oh why would you just go back to bed and not at least check in with your daughter who is in the direction of the commotion?

Was this a direct quote from her or paraphrased by a reporter? It doesn't seem to make sense for her to look out the front windows unless those were the only windows in her bedroom, like mine. But if she truly thought she might be hearing a toddler outside screaming, seems bizarre that she wouldn't give her daughter a ring. Maybe she did and it hasn't been reported. I would have called 911 in two seconds. Better embarrassed than sorry. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from the article linked above in post 957 by NIN. Not sure if I can figure out how to get the link in here. (Sorry for poor formatting, on my phone & can't figure out how to italicize the quote.)

-----------------
C lives on Allan Street behind the Sievers home. She said she heard a scream early Monday morning, around 6 a.m. that woke her from sleep. She’s not sure whether it was related to the crime, but said it came from the Sievers’ home and sounded like it might have been outside.

“My dogs must have heard it first. They have a distinctive bark when something’s going on that shouldn’t. They got up and ran to the front door,” she said. “I got up and went to the front window. That’s when I heard a scream. It sounded like a child with a high-pitched scream.”

------------------------

My initial thoughts were that the dogs heard it, and ran to the front door. (Is that normal? I don't have dogs, but it seems it might be normal to me, as they want out.) So I thought the dogs commotion woke her, she looked out front because that is where they ran to, and THEN she heard the scream from the house behind her.

But, the article says the scream woke her, which would negate what I said above.

So, very confusing.

Re: neighbors account:

Maybe due to external lighting configuration? Street is lit, backyard is dark? Wouldn't be able to see out the back... (We have no interior switches to control outdoor lighting except a porch light).

Or because the dogs are more attuned to threats from street/ front of house? She mentioned an occurrance that took place in her driveway previously.

Habit?

Fear?

Quote from the article linked above in post 957 by NIN. Not sure if I can figure out how to get the link in here. (Sorry for poor formatting, on my phone & can't figure out how to italicize the quote.)

-----------------
C lives on Allan Street behind the Sievers home. She said she heard a scream early Monday morning, around 6 a.m. that woke her from sleep. She’s not sure whether it was related to the crime, but said it came from the Sievers’ home and sounded like it might have been outside.

“My dogs must have heard it first. They have a distinctive bark when something’s going on that shouldn’t. They got up and ran to the front door,” she said. “I got up and went to the front window. That’s when I heard a scream. It sounded like a child with a high-pitched scream.”

------------------------

My initial thoughts were that the dogs heard it, and ran to the front door. (Is that normal? I don't have dogs, but it seems it might be normal to me, as they want out.) So I thought the dogs commotion woke her, she looked out front because that is where they ran to, and THEN she heard the scream from the house behind her.

But, the article says the scream woke her, which would negate what I said above.

So, very confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using

How could her dogs hear a scream before she did? Or did they hear something prior to the scream that made them run to the door? And if the scream did come from outside the S house, did a dog attack the screamer outside of the house? And maybe the sound of the door being damaged was the first sound dogs heard?

If the scream was inside the house, it seems unlikely neighbor's dogs would have reacted in the way they did, Imo. My dog barks and runs to the door when she hears something close to my door...but not when he just hears something more distant. Otherwise, she would be barking all the time.

Jmo

If you have a fenced in back yard, why would you walk your dogs? jmo

M

Great points!

For exercise. Exercise is as important for dogs as people especially a high energy dog. I have always had a fenced yard and weather permitting walk them 2 miles a day.

Good question, Sparky...

Actually... We have a fenced in yard for our pup...

But she (the pup) still requires more exercise and outside stimulation than a yard can provide...

This is the case for many dog walkers I know...

HTH...:seeya:

Question.... I've read 1 post, maybe 2, referring to Sievers' body being found in the kitchen area. Did I miss something or is this speculation?

Fenced yard & walking the dogs
.... we also have always had a fenced yard for our dogs BUT walked them 2x daily. EXCERCISE for all of us! A fence not only kept them safely IN to play but also kept others OUT.

Dog Park
.... I wouldn't think any woman would walk her dogs by herself at that early hour, especially over to a dog park. JMO

Disappointing that I went in vacation and upon turning internet back on discovered no information or arrests in this case....

Her family must be beside themselves.....

Question.... I've read 1 post, maybe 2, referring to Sievers' body being found in the kitchen area. Did I miss something or is this speculation?

Fenced yard & walking the dogs
.... we also have always had a fenced yard for our dogs BUT walked them 2x daily. EXCERCISE for all of us! A fence not only kept them safely IN to play but also kept others OUT.

Dog Park
.... I wouldn't think any woman would walk her dogs by herself at that early hour, especially over to a dog park. JMO

I believe someone posted this with a link some time ago
I will look

I have always walked my dogs, despite having a yard. They love to get out, investigate the world, meet new dogs, run like crazy. And it's good exercise for the owner!

Well, this is from Nancy Grace

They`re going to be able to tell the position of the body during the murder based on the walls. And one of the reasons why I think they`re taking so

long is they`re reconstructing the kitchen, the scene. They have to create the cadaver, and they have to show the physics. And that`s all really

difficult.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/09/ng.01.html

I think she meant she heard a shrill scream but didn't know the direction it came from, she looked out her window wondering if she would hear it again and didn't. So when she found out Dr. Sievers was murdered, she just assumed the scream came from that direction. I know if I was awakened from a sleep by a scream, I probably wouldn't know where it came from. Besides I thought it was her daughter that lived next door to Dr. Sievers, I would think if she knew the exact direction the scream came from, she would have called her daughter.

So are you hypothesizing that Dr S had been out walking the dogs... She de-activated the alarm to return back into the house (or had the alarm off for the quick minutes it took to walk the dogs) & that's when the perp entered into the garage right behind her? And if so, it would stand to reason that a hammer was involved as it's a tool seen in most garages.
The fight/attack could've started right there & continued into the house. If the perp purposefully kept the dogs in the garage, their barking would've been muffled due to the solid construction of newer homes in FL.
But if the hypothesis is true, why was the garage side door tampered with? Well, the perp may have known Dr S didn't alarm the house for a quick walking of the dogs but she may very well lock the door. Therefore, the perp could've broken in and was waiting in hiding for the Dr's return.

I will reiterate that the dogs hold the key--the DNA key. I also wonder if LE has looked into local hospital or Dr's to see if there's been a patient with odd injuries?

Frightening indeed! All of it!

Not sure if she walked the dogs or just let them into the yard. In a family photo, which I posted before with blanked out faces, you can see that the dog laying on the floor is not wearing his collar. The dogs are wearing collars with tags in NG's video. No tag in the family pic.
In the same family pic you can get a glimpse of the inside entry area. It is clean and neat, no dog leashes/collars or anything. There is a closet visible to the right of the front door. I doubt the dog stuff would be in there. Too big of a closet, you would not mix dog stuff with other things.

So, the dog leashes/ collars were either in the utility room area or in the garage. In the MSM videos you can see the open garage, lots of stuff, even a screen-door and a wooden framework leaning between the van and the wall. That's a tight way to get out with two dogs, that are most likely leashed by now, so they would not run out on the street.

If Dr Sievers walked the dogs that morning - "If" - she would have most likely exited trough the front door and not through the garage. Garage door would be closed the entire time.

However, she would have gone towards the utility or garage area to pic up the collars/ leashes. She might pic up a couple of plastic bags or even a scooper. The scooper is questionable however due to the size of the dogs and the resulting handling issues.
So either she did not walk the dogs and let them into the fenced backyard, then most likely no contact with anyone outside the house. She lets them out through the lanai or garage side-door, dogs not wearing any collars.

Or she did walk the dogs, and she might have run into someone else, chat etc..She is walking away from the house, someone is entering the house through the garage side door. That someone, if happened to also walk a dog for example, would not necessarily carry a crowbar or a hammer with him or her. So how would that individual get in?

Dr Sievers returns home through the front door, either manages to take the collars of the dogs and walks towards the utility room/garage to put the dog stuff away and then has an encounter with the intruder.

Notice that if she walked the dogs, the connection door between utility room and garage would most likely be unlocked and stay unlocked until she would lock everything later - or not. Notice also that the broken in side-garage door was not dead bolted. Why not? Dr Sievers may have let the dogs out into the fenced backyard through that door, did not deadbolt it after letting the dogs in (or let them in through the lanai) and that's why it was not dead bolted (2 locks). For same reason it may also be, that the connection door between utility room and garage stayed unlocked.

That connection door is in general of great concern, as it is not necessarily part of the security parameter and anyone managing to access the garage has now access to the interior of the house. It is an important security issue.

This is just one of the possible scenarios accounting for opportunity, access and time of attack.

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members